• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF To Demo Their Secret Weapons For SG50!! Shock-and-Awe Guaranteed!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Only if the PAP is still government. PAP could be a goner ...the opposition parties need to work together - minus the Worker's Party - to topple the PAP.

It took the PAP 50 years to entrench itself and get its claw into the country. It will take more then one term for an oppo to unwind all the PAP shit.

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peacekeeper Protected Response Vehicle

Singapore, 9 July 2015 Thursday | xtemujin 360°Resources, Singapore

The Renault Trucks Defense Higuard MRAP 6×6, renamed to Peacekeeper Protected Response Vehicle (PRV) in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF), was officially inducted into the army on the 8th of July 2015.

It is marketed to the general public as a direct replacement for the Cadillac Gage V200 which had served the SAF since the 1970’s. The V200 will cease operation in the year 2016.

Three PRV were already involved in the 2015 Combined Rehearsal One, National Day Parade in the mobile column segment.

The PRV are armed with a Remote Control Weapon System (RCWS) mounted with either a CIS 40AGL, GPMG or the CIS 0.5 HMG.

4879943385_1d0d9daaba.jpg

]1[ RSAF V200 under the expressway at the 2010 National Day Parade.

4723284568_00fd730862.jpg

]2[ Fully manned RSAF V200 at the 2010 National Day Parade.

4665086520_ee141f1ca8.jpg

]3[ V200 with an Oerlikon 20mm gun at the Army Museum of Singapore.

18577998414_7277570b20.jpg

]4[ Front view: PRV armed with a GPMG RCWS.

19014366819_444a047ddc.jpg

]5[ Side view: PRV armed with a GPMG RCWS.

19200510755_3bee2304cb.jpg

]6[ Side and back view: PRV armed with a GPMG RCWS

19425238955_ef2ef6b6af.jpg

]7[ First PRV armed with an AGL RCWS,
the other two were armed with a CIS 0.5 HMG RCWS.

19474266061_32c4a23a95.jpg

]8[ PRV armed with an AGL RCWS.

18847460304_abd0e99c34.jpg

]9[ PRV armed with an AGL RCWS.

19391768536_5ab871cda6.jpg

]10[ PRV armed with an AGL RCWS.

19391765976_a11efed14e.jpg

]11[ PRV armed with a CIS 0.5 HMG RCWS.

19411608232_c64e6acf0d.jpg

]12[ PRV armed with a CIS 0.5 HMG RCWS.

19469944985_f7ed46fe41.jpg

]13[ PRV armed with a CIS 0.5 HMG RCWS.

18847460734_b36845eeec.jpg

]14[ PRV armed with a CIS 0.5 HMG RCWS.

19534394862_9ecb598a2d.jpg

]15[ MINDEF infographic for the PRV.​

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone know why saf only mount a 7.62mm gpmg on the leo2 instead of a 12.7mm heavy mg. It not as if saf don't have the browning M2 50cal mg.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The SAF has really powerful weapons. We could be an empire if we wanted to.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Anyone know why saf only mount a 7.62mm gpmg on the leo2 instead of a 12.7mm heavy mg. It not as if saf don't have the browning M2 50cal mg.

The Leo 2 comes with a 7.62mm GPMG in the original German army service. Its the German MG3 that they use instead of the FN GPMG that we use. There is lots of reasons for using the 7.62mm. For one thing, the use of a 12.7mm is sometimes a country's tradition more then anything else. The US and Russians have the 12.7mm on their tanks, but then they also use 7.62mm in other parts of the tanks. Usually 12.7mm is commander's weapon while the 7.62mm in the same tank is a co-axial. Countries like Germany and the UK have traditionally used only 7.62mm even going back to WW2, while you will see the Americans using a combo of .30 and .5in in their tanks. Personally, there is not much difference to me. If you need the longer range of a 12.7mm to hit the enemy, you must as well just whack a main gun round at them. Also, the main consideration to me would be the addition of another type of ammo to the tank. Instead of just main gun ammo and 7.62mm ammo, you also have to accomodate 12.7mm ammo. Its a logistical pain.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Peacekeeper Protected Response Vehicle

Singapore, 9 July 2015 Thursday | xtemujin 360°Resources, Singapore

The Renault Trucks Defense Higuard MRAP 6×6, renamed to Peacekeeper Protected Response Vehicle (PRV) in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF), was officially inducted into the army on the 8th of July 2015.

It is marketed to the general public as a direct replacement for the Cadillac Gage V200 which had served the SAF since the 1970’s. The V200 will cease operation in the year 2016.

Three PRV were already involved in the 2015 Combined Rehearsal One, National Day Parade in the mobile column segment.

The PRV are armed with a Remote Control Weapon System (RCWS) mounted with either a CIS 40AGL, GPMG or the CIS 0.5 HMG.

Yet more lies and obsfucation from the SAF and Bargain Hen on this purchase. The stated objective of this buy was the replacement of the Cadillac Gage V200. But Bargain Hen has conveniently forgot to mention the V200s were updated sometime back with turbo diesel engines, new transmission and other upgrades. So now, all that is wasted taxpayer dollars?

The role of the V200 in the SAF and specifically the RSAF is as a PDF Armour Support Unit vehicle and more commonly as a airbase and installation air defence vehicle equipped with RBS-70 SAM and 20mm Oerlikons. This Renault Higuard piece of shit pictured above does not carry any anti aircraft armaments at all. So, its not obviously a replacement for the V200. Yet another lie Bargain Hen?

And what about the St Eng Terrex ICV? Its a wheeled vehicle just like this Renault Higuard, and can be fitted with the exact same armaments listed in the Renualt. What can the Higuard do that the Terrex cannot? If the Terrex is so cock up that they wouldn't buy it for "island defence", then how can it serve in the frontline SAF? Why develop the Terrex and then not buy for this purpose? Why support another country's workers and economy instead of our own?

This vehicle is so well received in the armies of the world that only the Qataris have bought a small quantity of it. Hahahaha. There are many questions that needed to be ask on this, and thank you WP for rubber stamping the budget so the PAP can buy this piece of shit.

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you need the longer range of a 12.7mm to hit the enemy, you must as well just whack a main gun round at them. Also, the main consideration to me would be the addition of another type of ammo to the tank. Instead of just main gun ammo and 7.62mm ammo, you also have to accomodate 12.7mm ammo. Its a logistical pain.

Didn't the Wehrmacht learn its lesson at the battle of Kursk that their tiger I and tiger II lack of heavy mg was a disadvantage?

It also not a logistical pain as armour also use the cis .50hmg. There also plenty of old M2 browning in armour armoury. 12.7mm is good for anti bunker and light armor vehicle such as the old m113 and scorpion light tank. The 12.7mm can be put down withering fire quickly while the gunner travse the main gun in a chance encounter.

Btw, I know about the coaxial, I can fire the bx coaxial with a manual foot pedal while I am turn the turret to train the 25mm onto the target.

Damn... I miss reservist.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Didn't the Wehrmacht learn its lesson at the battle of Kursk that their tiger I and tiger II lack of heavy mg was a disadvantage?

It also not a logistical pain as armour also use the cis .50hmg. There also plenty of old M2 browning in armour armoury. 12.7mm is good for anti bunker and light armor vehicle such as the old m113 and scorpion light tank. The 12.7mm can be put down withering fire quickly while the gunner travse the main gun in a chance encounter.

Btw, I know about the coaxial, I can fire the bx coaxial with a manual foot pedal while I am turn the turret to train the 25mm onto the target.

Damn... I miss reservist.

The lack of a heavy MG was the least of the problems the Germans had at Kursk. The lack of an effective hand held anti tank weapon at that stage of the war meant there was not much a Russian infantry can do against the german tanks. You would use the MGs on the tank to clear out infantry. The problem in my opinion was that the Tiger 1 was rushed into battle too soon and was proven to be unreliable and prone to engine and suspension breakdowns. By the way the Tiger II never saw combat at Kursk. It entered production in Jan 1944, after the battle. The tactics used by the Russians also negated the tactical advantages of the Tiger or any German tank in the battle. because the terrain in Kursk was flat, it was advantageous to the Germans whose Panthers 75mm gun and Tiger's 88mm outranged and out killed anything the Russians had. It would be battle for them to stand back and pick off russian tanks at 2000m to 1000m before they could come into effective range of their own guns. But there were so many russian tanks, all of which were driving full speed to close the distance that in the end, engagements took place as close as 50m. At this point, a Russian tank could just as easily kill a German one.

The CIS .50 you refer to is never used in a pure armour formation. If you look at the old 40 SAR orbat or even the 80 SAR orbat today, they don't have it. The gun was never mounted on AMX-13, Centurions or even Leo 2s. So to add another ammo and gun to this formation is a logistical issue.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4723284568_00fd730862.jpg

]2[ Fully manned RSAF V200 at the 2010 National Day Parade.

the Rsaf V200 got so many troops sticking out the top,might as well use a Toyota pickup truck and have a few infidels squat at the back carrying ak47 and rpgs,same shit and more cost effective,can play terrorist music too.

WB20xbd.jpg

Last edited:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SAF has really powerful weapons. We could be an empire if we wanted to.

those weapons you saw are oredi outdated........USA has a lot of sophicated stuff not available commercially but take them on 1 section can mow 1 regiment no problem!!