• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie General Nostalgic About His Afghanistan Tour of Duty. Guess How Many Jihadists He Killed!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
untitled-6.png

When Brigadier-General Cai Dexian was 27 years old and freshly married, he was deployed to Afghanistan for a six-month tour, serving in the Multinational Coalition Force.

At the end of his stint, he was the first Singaporean to receive the Bronze Star Medal, an American military combat decoration given to those who have displayed heroic or meritorious achievement or service in a combat zone.

Now, as the 3rd Singapore Division commander, Cai shared more about his experience in Afghanistan through a Facebook video posted by The Singapore Army.

Experience in Afghanistan

Cai said he has a mix of "fondness and a lot of nostalgia" for his deployment to Afghanistan.

He fondly remembers celebrating his 28th birthday with his colleagues in Afghanistan.

However, being newly married, he had a tough time being separated from his wife.

Screenshot-2023-12-14-at-12.29.51 PM-1.jpeg.jpg

Photo from The Singapore Army/Facebook

Learning experience
Regardless, Cai said it was an incredible learning experience that allowed him to engage in combat in an operational environment and use his skills and training.

In an interview with The Straits Times in 2013, Cai said that not a week would go by without incoming rocket attacks.

Cai coordinated information crucial in helping commanders decide how and where to deploy tens of thousands of troops on any given day.

He was awarded the Bronze Star Medal at the end of his six-month tour.

But the humble man does not see it as a personal award.

"SAF officers over the years have contributed to the reconstruction effort in Afghanistan. I was fortunate enough to come after a very long line of very capable officers," he said.

https://mothership.sg/2023/12/3rd-singapore-division-commander-cai-dexian/

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Just a normal Bronze Star is nothing lah. It's given for good service. Must have a V (for Valor in combat) on the Bronze Star medal, then that's something.

This paper general never saw combat, killed zero bad guys. But I am sure he got a nice suntan during his tour.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just a normal Bronze Star is nothing lah. It's given for good service. Must have a V (for Valor in combat) on the Bronze Star medal, then that's something.

This paper general never saw combat, killed zero bad guys. But I am sure he got a nice suntan during his tour.

If he didn't see combat, he wouldn't have been awarded the Bronze Star. He must have a few moslem scalps under his belt.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hxxps://mothership.sg/2023/12/3rd-singapore-division-commander-cai-dexian/

Mothershit doing pro-SAF propaganda now? Instruction from their masters? :rolleyes:

At least save this kind of bullshit for the next 'SAF Day'. :FU:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Rumour has it that he shot dead a few jihadists in close quarter combat with his glock.
I wish the report had detailed the circumstances which earned him the Bronze Star. SAF sidearm is the H&K P30 9mm. Not Glock lah (this is my sidearm :biggrin: )

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There was no UNSC authorisations.
His presence is illegal. Killing anyone under those conditions makes him a common criminal.

I'm guessing you don't consider the talibans' killing of afghan civilians to be a criminal offense.

PAP sent troops to Afghanistan to join the international coalition against islamic terrorism. We have a legal right to be in Afghanistan.