• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$12 Wanton Noodle Meal

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perth does not have such prices n neither does Melbourne or Sydney. 10 yrs ago maybe..

the portions look pathetic,if this was australia and u were eating out and ordered a wanton mee that cost 12 AUD,the noodles would come in a XL ramen size bowl and there would be at least 10 wantons.

if u ordered the chinese cuisine fried rice with sze chuan beef and crispy chicken and what not,the portion of meat on the plate they give u is so much its literally like eating more protein than rice.

i remember ordering from a chinese restaurant in melborne duck rice with fu rong omelette,the omelette was so huge and the amount of duck was so big its almost like eating two adult meals,the tupperware container was nearly bursting with food.best of all it only cost 9AUD which was considered dirt cheap in australia for eating out and compared the the wages u make.(min wage $18 an hour).

i remember another time buying fish and chips from a mom and pop store in the suburb,$7 AUD.they wrapped the food in a newspaper and i was carry that huge bundle of fish and chips like a fucking american football thinking like wtf how much fish and chips did they put in it?half a trout and bass?

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course, it needs patrons like you to help cover its rental payments. :biggrin:

If I'm going to spend that kind of money I would rather indulge in a bowl of authentic Japanese ramen (which Ajisen and Ramenplay are not).

Yes..we are helping and enriching the rich landlords...

Do you know Capital Mall Trust (CMT) owns 30 malls..

So with the rich buying these Reits , they do not pay taxes on these income earned and they get richer.

So it is a never-ending story of increasing rents and passing these higher rentals to the end consumer like us...

Needless to ask..Who owns these big malls..??? PAP and their linked companies..

THEY SUCK US DRY...NICE AND GOOD.
( so Sir, your Noodle.you want it with soup or dry.?)

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right, guess it's convenient and at MRT station. Wasn't complaining, thought I'd share this information with fellow Singaporeans in his forum. $12 is really nothing to many Sibgaporeans really.

Most of the EXPENSIVE food and coffee places in Singapore are patronised NOT by working class SINKIES but students in uniforms or more accurately (Singapore princesses) who spend either their dumbo student bfs or their parent's money like water.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perth does not have such prices n neither does Melbourne or Sydney. 10 yrs ago maybe..

actually if u ask me chinese cuisine is one of the cheaper options in australia,most of the cheap places to eat as far as i can remember were mostly chinese takeout.u can get a decent chinese meal for less than 10 AUD in many places.if u are lucky and look hard enough u can even find eateries and cafes run by chinese for as little as 7 or 8 AUD.the other cuisines italian,french,german,mexican.jap,korean not so much.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes..we are helping and enriching the rich landlords...

Do you know Capital Mall Trust (CMT) owns 30 malls..

So with the rich buying these Reits , they do not pay taxes on these income earned and they get richer.

So it is a never-ending story of increasing rents and passing these higher rentals to the end consumer like us...

Needless to ask..Who owns these big malls..??? PAP and their linked companies..

THEY SUCK US DRY...NICE AND GOOD.
( so Sir, your Noodle.you want it with soup or dry.?)

heres a list of the twenty biggest singapore corporation on the forbes fortune list.invest in them if u want to be filthy rich from the dividends.

20 Singapore firms in Forbes list of the 2,000 biggest public companies in the world - See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/bu...-2000-biggest-public-com#sthash.SstpVf3A.dpuf

SINGAPORE - Twenty Singapore companies figure in Forbes magazine`s annual list of the world`s biggest public companies, with China landing five of the top 10 spots for the second year in a row.

DBS Group (world ranking 268) tops the local companies in the 13th Annual Global 2000 list with assets worth US$332.6 billion, followed by OCBC (302) in second and Singtel (325) in third place.

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/20150507/sgforbes0705.jpg

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought $8.30 for a bowl of wanton noodle is already expensive was susprised to find I have to pa $12.20 finally. I thought like in Hong Kong, tea comes with the noodle but was shock I have to pay. So together with wet towel and service tax and GST this bowl of wanton noodle is the most expensive one I've had.

Noodle is quite little

Taste is not bad lah but this is really expensive

It's overpriced. Don't go back.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dont get all the bitching about wanton soup,dont you find it ironic that sinkies claim to live in a first world country and they are bitching about paying 12 bucks for a wanton soup?and more than half the population eat in some stinking hawker center crawling with cockroaches and rats and tissue paper?if u truly live in a first world country u should be paying first world prices for first world food,and making enough bucks to afford it,and getting quality and quantity every time.not slumming it out in some hot,dirty,filthy,humid hawker center trying to scrape by their budget on their peasant food.my god,just thinking about the cuisine in melborne, australia makes me orgasmic,food u will never ever find in ur wildest dream,from far east china,jap,korean,vietnamese to europe,german,italian,greek,french,romanian to south america to middle east kebabs and what not.and the real authentic shit from various countries,not the commercialized shit u find in singapore shopping malls,delifrance pepper lunch or pastamania or sakae sushi all that shit.even the chinese restaurants in melbourne are more chinese than the "chinese" food in singapore.

Last edited:

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
A bowl of ramen costs $23 at one of my favourite ramen shop but no complains as the soup base and quality is amazing. I dont mind paying an extra premium for the savoury

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
A bowl of ramen costs $23 at one of my favourite ramen shop but no complains as the soup base and quality is amazing. I dont mind paying an extra premium for the savoury

At Paragon's Ding Tai Feng saw a babusingh family of 10 enjoying 小笼包.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hhhh
NZ Wanton Noodles at the Hungry Wok Food court costs only $10 inclusive of GST in Christchurch with more Wantons.

It is the Super Killer Rents, sub-letting of food stalls and sale of $31million coffeeshops in SINGAPORE that are driving up food prices in Singapore. There ought to be rental caps and capital gains tax to punish these greedy landlords and property speculators making such obscene windfalls.

Yes, the main culprit of high cost here is rental and the second one is indirect tax such as COE, petrol, carbon, water, sanitary, etc.
Who is the major landlord?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Over here at Ulu Tiram, Johore, my bowl of Wanton Mee cost RM3.50 with Chaar Siew and Choy Sum added. Right now.

Johor, especially JB, has also been infected by Sinkieland's price inflation.

If you go to the smaller rural towns further north, you can get wanton mee for RM2 at their coffeeshops.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At Paragon's Ding Tai Feng saw a babusingh family of 10 enjoying 小笼包.

I have seen an ah neh waiter working at a rather posh Japanese restaurant in Orchard Road. I was sitting at an adjacent table while I chuckled at the sight of him trying to take menu orders from an obviously frustrated customer. *Points furiously to menu*

Hint: the Japanese restaurant has nice tatami matting and you can sit on the floor while you eat.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the portions look pathetic,if this was australia and u were eating out and ordered a wanton mee that cost 12 AUD,the noodles would come in a XL ramen size bowl and there would be at least 10 wantons.

if u ordered the chinese cuisine fried rice with sze chuan beef and crispy chicken and what not,the portion of meat on the plate they give u is so much its literally like eating more protein than rice.

i remember ordering from a chinese restaurant in melborne duck rice with fu rong omelette,the omelette was so huge and the amount of duck was so big its almost like eating two adult meals,the tupperware container was nearly bursting with food.best of all it only cost 9AUD which was considered dirt cheap in australia for eating out and compared the the wages u make.(min wage $18 an hour).

i remember another time buying fish and chips from a mom and pop store in the suburb,$7 AUD.they wrapped the food in a newspaper and i was carry that huge bundle of fish and chips like a fucking american football thinking like wtf how much fish and chips did they put in it?half a trout and bass?

Trout and sea bass you wait long long. It's the cheap fish from Mekong river basa fish.

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coffee shop transacted prices:
July 2013, Hougang Ave 4, $23.8M,
Last week, Bt Batok, $31M.

its in Singapore,
not outside Singapore!

What do you think?