• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SGD Strong, Ringgit Weak

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Assuming that the situation in Spore remains the same.
What if people find out that there are problems in Spore e.g. the CPF has large holes:confused:

If really happen it will be too late. SG$ currency and HDB will be worthless.
All investor will run. Interest rate jump to more than 10%.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chill sweeps over Malaysia IPOs as market turns hostile

[KUALA LUMPUR] The stalling of Malaysia's once-inspired IPO market is threatening to turn into a slump, weighed down by a worsening economic outlook, currency volatility and dismal performances by some of last year's biggest debutantes.

Sentiment has turned so adverse that even the presence of cornerstone investors may not assure a positive market debut.
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/stocks/chill-sweeps-over-malaysia-ipos-as-market-turns-hostile

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Assuming that the situation in Spore remains the same.

Singapore is going to have elections soon. It is difficult to sway the strength of SGD against USD but it is certainly easily to impress the electorate by reflecting our success in nation-building, through the strengthening SGD against MYR.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest:

“There’s a mistake. They (1MDB) had the impression that there was cash when they redeemed the funds. Actually, that is a saving,” said Husni. When asked, Husni did not elaborate on the form of assets the company had, but stressed that the saving was in the form of “units.” “Units, just units,” he said, refusing to explain the nature of units when pressed further.
http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nati...zlah-says-funds-in-singapore-in-form-of-units

so 1MDB has no cash after all
http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/1mdb-has-no-cash-after-all

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro in the mid term, will we see SGD 1 = MYR 3?

If 2.8 in 2015, it is possible due to Singapore's strength and efforts, especially this could be Singapore's election year.
If 3.0 in mid-term (before next Malaysia elections), we will need Najib's wife to be around and oil weakness.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
1mdbobligation230515.ashx

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2015/05/23/1MDBs-cash-crunch

so if you look forward to 2.8 or 3.0, just encourage malaysia not to give up saving 1MDB.
M's baby is Proton. His associates supply parts proton uses, including accessories.
You beat my son, i beat yours
http://business.asiaone.com/news/malaysian-conglomerate-struggles-turn-proton-around
watch the show unfolds.

GG789

Alfrescian
Loyal
luckily i didn listen your advise to put my sgd to myr fixed deposit.

my wife always ask me put our money into myr fixed deposit.

do u think malaysia will go into bankrupt not?

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
luckily i didn listen your advise to put my sgd to myr fixed deposit.
my wife always ask me put our money into myr fixed deposit.

You said your wife is malaysian, so it is worth doing so. You cited 4.1%pa fixed deposit from the best bank in Malaysia, Public Bank (also biggest bank by market cap)

So if you put in public bank for 10 years and keep rolling over the interest owned, you get 50% returns. For Singapore, the best fixed deposit now is 1.6%, 10 years, u get 17% returns. 50 minus 17 = 33%.

Ok, current SGDMYR is 2.70, 33% more = 3.60
Effectively, you hedged SGDMYR until 3.60, including a 1.6% SGD fixed deposit that you forgo, assuming interest rates stay stagnant for 10 years.
You win if SGDMYR is below 3.60 a decade later.

Wait, does it mean that you lose when ringgit is above 3.60 a decade later?
Not really, if ringgit is really above 3.60% (higher interest rates environment), public bank is very likely to give you more than 4.1% returns on fixed deposits along the way.
Besides, if interest rates is higher, then maybe it is cheaper for you to buy a shop or residential property in malaysia for your wife or mistress.
Because you got malaysia wife or mistress, that's why it makes sense for you. For Singaporeans, then no point, because you are betting against SGD when you place a foreign-currency deposit.

do u think malaysia will go into bankrupt not?
Malaysia will be weaker, but they wouldn't be bankrupt. 1MDB and proton is just like Greece.
GST saved malaysia from cashflow problems.
Then it is easy to save 1MDB, just give them a few more pieces of land for free, and wola! the balance sheet will be shored up.

GG789

Alfrescian
Loyal
Run there?

Can I pm you regards fixed deposit in public bank.

Very urgent. Promotion end 30 june 2015.

ok?