• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Compiled] Nutbush's Tales From The IMH

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: dental health-toothbrush

I use Oral B brushes because it was recommended by my dentist. If you don't want to use that brand you can find other tooth brushes that are similar.

I don't think you need a hard bristled tooth brush. What is more important is to brush properly for at least 2 minutes & at least twice a day. I would recommend getting an oral irrigator. The water jet can get at places that a tooth brush cannot reach.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Because my teeth are too close together, any food that get stuck in between are hard to dislodge by mere brushing. This is perhaps a blessing in disguise, because I have to use floss instead of just brushing alone. I hopped on the electric toothbrushes wagon some 20 years ago and never looked back. Many of my friends now wear dentures while I still have all my teeth, save for a crown. The last time I visited a dentist was some 30 odd years ago.

For ridding my smoker's stain, I buy those purple tooth powder made from powdered grape seeds from any Indian provision shop costing $GD0.40 per packet. Once a month.

There, my non-secret to healthy teeth - electric toothbrush and floss.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal

i have been using Oral B for years, the problem is that they have many different designs, simi plague removal 99% lah, gum massage, this and that. i just switched to hard bristle, brushing very hard, like brushing toilet bowl during army days.
haha...

I use Oral B brushes because it was recommended by my dentist. If you don't want to use that brand you can find other tooth brushes that are similar.

I don't think you need a hard bristled tooth brush. What is more important is to brush properly for at least 2 minutes & at least twice a day. I would recommend getting an oral irrigator. The water jet can get at places that a tooth brush cannot reach.

Because my teeth are too close together, any food that get stuck in between are hard to dislodge by mere brushing. This is perhaps a blessing in disguise, because I have to use floss instead of just brushing alone. I hopped on the electric toothbrushes wagon some 20 years ago and never looked back. Many of my friends now wear dentures while I still have all my teeth, save for a crown. The last time I visited a dentist was some 30 odd years ago.

For ridding my smoker's stain, I buy those purple tooth powder made from powdered grape seeds from any Indian provision shop costing $GD0.40 per packet. Once a month.

soft tooth brush

???????????

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

electric toothbrush can brush gums as well?

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Toothbrush-paste.jpg

happy new year, all

Fugitive

Alfrescian
Loyal

Happy New Year GongXiFaCai. Why so funny first day Chinese New Year discussing this topic?

Unbeatable

Alfrescian
Loyal

Better to consult your dentist cos they know how strong or weak is your gum for different kind of toothbrush needed.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fugitive

Alfrescian
Loyal

cos i just changed to plague removal 99% one...

May I recommend you to use an electric toothbrush. Even I run road all the time I never run without my Braun. Healthy tooth and good oral hygiene is essential to my running.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal

i am more china...conventional works best for me.:o

May I recommend you to use an electric toothbrush. Even I run road all the time I never run without my Braun. Healthy tooth and good oral hygiene is essential to my running.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

not really.
your healthy teeth is govern by your healthy kidney.
i am pretty sure you can perform well in bed.
kidney governs bones.teeth are the excess bones.meaning in order to nourish your excess bones..your kidney have excess to give.
kidney = water
when your dental is not in balance..it disturb your heart..
heart is fire.
water disturb fire..heart failure.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Hard Tooth brush will damage your gum in the long run, cause receding gumline.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Soft (as everyone else here has said; this should be common knowledge to everyone by now).

You didn't ask about toothpaste, but here's my recommendation. Only Novamin toothpastes can actually remineralize (ie. rebuild) teeth. GlaxoSmithKline (owner of Sensodyne) paid hundreds of millions of USD to buy over the Novamin company (which invested years of R&D perfecting the formula), so instead of paying fees to Novamin, now they (as Novamin's owner) collect fees from all other toothpaste companies around the world to use the Novamin formula.

Sensodyne_NovaMin.jpg

Buy a tube of Sensodyne's (Novamin-containing) "Repair & Protect" toothpaste from NTUC or any pharmacy today.