• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FT "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100 videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg roads

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: FT "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100 videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg r

If you up him, I'll ZAP him!!!!

By all means zap me if it makes you feel better. I don't feel a thing at all.

I just like to troll people who thinks too much of themselves. If the person is nice and reasonable, I won't troll him/her, I only target idiots.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: FT "Singapore Cyclist" posts 100 videos of car drivers who pissed him off on Sg r

By all means zap me if it makes you feel better. I don't feel a thing at all.

I just like to troll people who thinks too much of themselves. If the person is nice and reasonable, I won't troll him/her, I only target idiots.

Trolls are idiots, target yourself.

PhuaCheeBye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Talking about stupid points. You planning to do anything about that 10-year old and his clone army? Almost zapped into moderation again:

WHAT A FUCKING CRY BABY...Note...You were not zapped into moderation....only nearly.... good cocksucking skills on leongsam...he must have enjoyed it thoroughly.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

If I was nice and reasonable, I wouldn't be participating in this forum. You don't have to choose the nick "troll" in order to be one. :rolleyes:

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Talking about stupid points. You planning to do anything about that 10-year old and his clone army? Almost zapped into moderation again:

its me..and So? :oIo:

I paid money to Sam to keep myself entertained to zap and up people. Its my Right. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nothing go wrong..just move forward... dont waste people time ...think he's nothing to do..find trouble.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is a BRILLIANT solution to an much needed compromise for ALL road users, pedestrians, cyclists and motor vehicles. It would make Singapore an even more desired country to live in. Everyone gets to use their mode of transportation with Safety being the priority to the various type of road users.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Took you 2 years to reply

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal

COE [limit their growth -causing conjection]
Road Tax [they take up space]
Highway code [no riding on pavements,and thru red lights]
ERP [See gov rational for paid usage]
INS [For the accident the WILL happen]
Speed limit [Idiots over-taking busses]

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal

The 1 meter rule is stupid.

How to stay 1 meter away from them ? well'll be straddling middle lane!!!!.

Idiotic scholar never think.

Official reply is "we hope for "give and take.Good luck with that.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Took you 2 years to reply
I came across this post while reading a current post. I cycled when I was much younger, and just drive now-a-days.... While some cyclist do observe the rules and conventions on road use as do motorist, as in all things, there those few that spoils it all for everyone.
Leongsam's post that the Dutch have instituted a good change that benefits ALL users of the road, could be used in Singapore if not All countries.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

I came across this post while reading a current post. I cycled when I was much younger, and just drive now-a-days.... While some cyclist do observe the rules and conventions on road use as do motorist, as in all things, there those few that spoils it all for everyone.
Leongsam's post that the Dutch have instituted a good change that benefits ALL users of the road, could be used in Singapore if not All countries.

If you have cycled in traffic, you'll understand why cyclists, especially the experienced ones, bend the rules in specific circumstances.

1. Starting off from a red light stop.

Cyclists anticipate the change and will start off just before the lights turn green because it takes a few metres to pick up enough speed to cycle in a perfect straight line. The first couple of metres is always a bit of wobble no matter how good you are especially if you need to clip into the pedals. If you don't get a head start, you risk being taken out by the motorist just behind when he floors it. I've seen it happen. Motorists see this as "jumping the lights"

2. Cycling in the "middle of the road".

The edge of the road is the gutter. It's where the drainage grates and manholes are along with all sorts of debris. Cycling just 0.5 metres from the curb is courting disaster. You risk getting your wheel caught in a rut, punctures or running over stones, bottles, broken glass etc. Even if the edge of the road is pristine, cycling too close to the kerb is actually more dangerous because motorists will simply keep to their lanes and shave past you giving you no room at all. The risk of a side mirror hitting your arm or handlebars is high.

I cycle 1.5 metres from the edge of the road. This forces cars to change lanes in order to overtake. It pisses some idiot drivers off but it is ultimately safer.

If there are cars parked along the side of the road, cyclists have to ride even further out and give at least a 2 metre gap from the cars. This is to avoid the door zone where motorists swing open their doors without looking. Car doors are more than a metre wide.

3. Changing lanes.

In heavy traffic, if a cyclists needs to turn right at a junction, he/she has no choice but to filter across a couple of lanes from left to right. Other vehicles can go with the flow. A cyclist will be riding at 30 to 40kph max so cars have to slow down. Again it pisses drivers off but there is no other way to do it. It delays motorists by perhaps 10 seconds max but so many are very impatient. In reality it makes no difference to the overall duration of their journey because in city driving, the next red light is only 100 metres down the road.

Ang Mohs cyclists in Singapore get pissed off with sinkie drivers because a lot of them come from countries where motorists are also cyclists and the motorists understand why cyclists ride the way they do and give due consideration. They don't realise that Singaporean drivers are 3rd world creatures living in a 1st world environment.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

...there is a bunch of ang mo cyclists who love to cycle down the right lane of orchard road. ive seen them a few times, always tell them use the left lane and get the finger.... many more incidents... reality is ALOT of foreign cyclists think they own the road, and make up their own rules in the country in which they are guests of...

These ang moh cyclists and all foreigners living in sinkie land think the island is still their colony and they can do what they like; they are aggressive, arrogant and belligerent.

What can the locals do? Just vote for an oppo party to change the situation.