• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - EDMWer asks : 2 cases, both traffic accidents resulting in death, why Sinkie kena jailed 2 whole years, but Ceca FT kena jailed 10 months nia?

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

SinkieAMDL :​

Someone please explain the jail term difference to me​

Case #1: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/driver-beat-red-light-kill-teen-accident-3996741

SINGAPORE: A man who ran a red light at Punggol and collided with a teenager crossing the road, causing his death, was sentenced to two years' jail and banned from driving for 10 years on Monday (Dec 18).

Mr Ng argued that Firhan had cooperated with authorities throughout investigations and pleaded guilty early, also showing "genuine remorse".

The accused also had a clean driving record, said the lawyer.

Case #2: https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...or-lorry-driver-who-hit-and-killed-a-woman-79

SINGAPORE – A lorry driver with a history of errant driving hit a 79-year-old woman who was walking across a zebra crossing in Marine Parade.

Ms Bernadette Mah Sui Har died from a head injury on the same day in February.

On Dec 20, the driver, Indian national Sivalingam Suresh, 40, was sentenced to 10 months’ jail after pleading guilty to one charge of driving without due care and attention causing death.

He cited Sivalingam’s history of driving offences, which included inconsiderate driving and failure to conform to a red light.

“It depends on me to support my family by driving in Singapore. I’m very reliant on this job, Your Honour,” he said.

These two cases concluded within two days apart.

Why the one sinkie with clean driving record kena two years jail, but the foreign talent with history of driving offences kena less than half of that? I actually pity that sinkie a bit. I ever kena before also look at the wrong traffic light (looked at the one ahead vs the one directly in front of me), because some junctions really damn jialat can have two traffic lights one after the other and when the road is busy sometimes really can have lapse of judgement. Whereas zebra crossing... come on la.

Then somemore the sinkie actually seem genuinely remorseful... whereas this other joker go on whole yaya papaya how his job and family and etc super important. This one seem is remorseful that he kena charged, not for what he did.

So what am I missing here? Or is it the obvious thing which cannot say one?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reply to EDMWer
1.case 1 the victim is a teenager whereas case 2 is a old fart.
2. Case 1 is a civilian sg driver while case 2 is a odd job labourer with wp and driving lic given by mom and lta respectively, hence they have to give face to mom and lta.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because CECAs are the spice, and Sinkies are not. Anymore questions? :biggrin:

20090916a1_pmleeonnewimmigrants_todaypg1.jpg

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Case #1: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/driver-beat-red-light-kill-teen-accident-3996741

SINGAPORE: A man who ran a red light at Punggol and collided with a teenager crossing the road, causing his death, was sentenced to two years' jail and banned from driving for 10 years on Monday (Dec 18).

Mr Ng argued that Firhan had cooperated with authorities throughout investigations and pleaded guilty early, also showing "genuine remorse".

Case #2: https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...or-lorry-driver-who-hit-and-killed-a-woman-79

SINGAPORE – A lorry driver with a history of errant driving hit a 79-year-old woman who was walking across a zebra crossing in Marine Parade.

On Dec 20, the driver, Indian national Sivalingam Suresh, 40, was sentenced to 10 months’ jail after pleading guilty to one charge of driving without due care and attention causing death.

He cited Sivalingam’s history of driving offences, which included inconsiderate driving and failure to conform to a red light.

“It depends on me to support my family by driving in Singapore. I’m very reliant on this job, Your Honour,” he said.

Why the one sinkie with clean driving record kena two years jail, but the foreign talent with history of driving offences kena less than half of that? I actually pity that sinkie a bit. I ever kena before also look at the wrong traffic light (looked at the one ahead vs the one directly in front of me), because some junctions really damn jialat can have two traffic lights one after the other and when the road is busy sometimes really can have lapse of judgement. Whereas zebra crossing... come on la.

Then somemore the sinkie actually seem genuinely remorseful... whereas this other joker go on whole yaya papaya how his job and family and etc super important. This one seem is remorseful that he kena charged, not for what he did.

Sinki 知法犯法mah

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reply to EDMWer
1.case 1 the victim is a teenager whereas case 2 is a old fart.
2. Case 1 is a civilian sg driver while case 2 is a odd job labourer with wp and driving lic given by mom and lta respectively, hence they have to give face to mom and lta.
Also give face to Modi, CECA Indians are here to create better and higher pay jobs for retarded sinkies.

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal

Does anyone remember the Romanian Diplomat, who also had some Traffic incident ?

He left Singapore under Diplomatic Protection,..

Are Singkies merely Economic Digits, to be manupilated by More Intelligent International Talents ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't know why? Daft Sinkies better find out the answer quickly before they get choked up on the next iteration of patriotic propaganda come August. :rolleyes:

ljgQdah.png