• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Indah - The Address

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Proton Persona is one of the better car Proton ever produced. Campro engines is developed by Lotus Engineering. It is meant for nomal driving and not as a sports car. As in any car, engine is one thing, gear box is another. Both must be compatible. Mitsubishi cars have famous gearbox problems.

2. Waja is the most problematic car Proton ever produced. The plastic door handle break easily, the fuel pump stops in the middle of nowhere. However, this Mitshubishi engine is only Euro 2 compliant.

3. The Saga FLX also not much problems.

Thanks bro , just looking for a bread and butter car . Proton Personal seem OK. As long as it does not break down so often can already ! I know Proton car is the cheapest to maintain , most workshops in JB can do a good job.

hemohemo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many thanks to your pointers. I believe I should describe more detailed. To do the ponding test, we sealed water outlet in upper storey toilets while testing was in progress. When a Setia staff went onsite to take some photos, we suspected he turned on the tap and forgot to turn . . .

After a few rounds of discussions with Setia, they finally agreed to replace (out of goodwill) the laminated flooring of the affected areas.

One lesson learned from the exercise is that often the staff are hand-tied and can't simply agree to any demand. Customer actually should request to escalate up to the higher management as some of you suggested. It worked.

During the discussion, we should refrain from finger pointing; rather emphasize that no one makes a mistake intentionally and so we work together to solve the problem. There are times when things moved a bit slowly but you will have to learn to adapt to their pace.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
After a few rounds of discussions with Setia, they finally agreed to replace (out of goodwill) the laminated flooring of the affected areas.

One lesson learned from the exercise is that often the staff are hand-tied and can't simply agree to any demand. Customer actually should request to escalate up to the higher management as some of you suggested. It worked.

During the discussion, we should refrain from finger pointing; rather emphasize that no one makes a mistake intentionally and so we work together to solve the problem. There are times when things moved a bit slowly but you will have to learn to adapt to their pace.

Glad to hear that you have finally get your problem solved. Actually, it is not that the staff are hand tied. They are just not properly train to handle this type of complains. This is also their infamous "tidak apa attitude" which is common thing for any other GLCs in Malaysia. Really lack the sense of urgency.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are there any Sky View owners here ? I understand you should be getting your keys soon. Please share your impressions when you do .

ecgwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are there any Sky View owners here ? I understand you should be getting your keys soon. Please share your impressions when you do .

just got keys for my sky loft unit and find exposed wires at switches. Setia claims they are for fan connection but a contractor says never seen like that/

Attachments

• 20160515_151835.jpg
    20160515_151835.jpg
    685.2 KB · Views: 599

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh? Fan connection? Even so, the wires should be concealed! Be careful and get it sorted soon. It could be dangerous to leave it hanging out like that.

Is your condo the one that has several complaints? There seems to be bad press or reports about Setia.

ecgwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh? Fan connection? Even so, the wires should be concealed! Be careful and get it sorted soon. It could be dangerous to leave it hanging out like that.

Is your condo the one that has several complaints? There seems to be bad press or reports about Setia.

thanks for the advice. Mine is the bumi release unit. sky loft

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for the advice. Mine is the bumi release unit. sky loft

You're welcome. :smile:

Don't mind me asking, did you buy to personally move in, or is it for investment?

I went to check out the Sky Loft online. Nice....

Was very surprised some owners are re-selling at about RM588k for 1214 soft. That's like RM484 psf. So much cheaper than the newer launched condos. Bt Indah is nice too with amenities.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're welcome. :smile:

Don't mind me asking, did you buy to personally move in, or is it for investment?

Was very surprised some owners are re-selling at about RM588k for 1214 soft. That's like RM484 psf. So much cheaper than the newer launched condos. Bt Indah is nice too with amenities.

Too bad foreigner cannot buy because it is below 1M .

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
just got keys for my sky loft unit and find exposed wires at switches. Setia claims they are for fan connection but a contractor says never seen like that/

For my renovation, I had to hack the wall and ceiling to conceal the fan wires from the switch position to the ceiling.

If your existing gang switches are working, the extra wires could be for the fan. You need to verify physically that you indeed have a fan point at the ceiling.

Alternatively you can take out the gang switch cover to check if there are wires already connected to individual metal plates. If they are not connected, then report this defect to the developer.

ecgwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys
thanks for your advice. you are right..the wires are live when i test it.... very dangerous. Apparently it is control by one of the switches for extra electrical connections that owner might want. They should not leave it exposed as accidently the switch can be switched on.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes it's nice and good price, just try not to get the unit facing north towards the highway, too noisy.

ecgwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wanted to buy skyloft 2 years back but setia informed sold out and foreigners cannot buy cos below 1 million. Now the market is crashed, they offering the bumi unit to foreigner and some more cheaper. Now is allowed cos construction started b4 the ruling. With discount the unit 1214 cost below 600k.
the resale unit owner are hit badly cos they cannot sell to foreigner. Worst they have to absorb lawyers fees , free gift etc which comes with Setia package.
Be careful when buying in johor cos there is no resale market when foreigner not allowed.
resell houses in mature estate cannot be sold to foreigners actually regardless of the prices. 1million is the valuation done and decided by the Johor state not the price of the bungalow. They valued very low. A resale house priced at a million is only valued at half million so after waiting 6 months you get a reject letter.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wanted to buy skyloft 2 years back but setia informed sold out and foreigners cannot buy cos below 1 million. Now the market is crashed, they offering the bumi unit to foreigner and some more cheaper. Now is allowed cos construction started b4 the ruling. With discount the unit 1214 cost below 600k.
the resale unit owner are hit badly cos they cannot sell to foreigner. Worst they have to absorb lawyers fees , free gift etc which comes with Setia package.
Be careful when buying in johor cos there is no resale market when foreigner not allowed.
resell houses in mature estate cannot be sold to foreigners actually regardless of the prices. 1million is the valuation done and decided by the Johor state not the price of the bungalow. They valued very low. A resale house priced at a million is only valued at half million so after waiting 6 months you get a reject letter.

So you bought the bumi unit released to foreigner? Good deal!

But after buying, do you mean you now can't resell to other foreigners because your unit is below 1 million?

I didn't know one cannot sell properties to foreigners in mature estates. The rules and laws of Malaysia are confusing and restrictive sometimes.

I'm also very surprised that valuation of a house can be as low as 1/2 the market price! All these unfair laws are not in favour of foreigners investing in Johor properties. Basically, they just want you to buy, keep and don't sell it forever.

ecgwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes you are right. Above 500k apply to left over condo units that developers are unloading. Re sale unit no way/All the foreigners must buy above 1 million.
You can buy a new house from Developer at a million ringgit but you will have to wait for the price to rise to 1.5 million before you can sell yours at 1 million to the foreigner. That is how it works. there is only a small window to get out. cos when the market rise to 1.5 million, the rules going to be changed that foreigners can only buy above 2 million. So you have to quick to exit before getting caught in the next cycle.
Valuation is confusing before it is subjective to the whims of the government officials. Basically it is like this-. Market rising, valuation dropped to prevent foreigners exiting. Market dropping, valuation rise to help foreigners to buy.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh... I didn't know this dark secret about selling Malaysian properties. Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like they want to make it very hard for foreigners to let go of their properties. Now I know why I heard someone told me agents are usually interested to sell only new developer launched properties in Johor. Easier for them. I hear much less about "RESALE" properties.

So you plan to keep your Sky Loft condo for a long time? Do you know how is the resale condo market in Johor?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh... I didn't know this dark secret about selling Malaysian properties. Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like they want to make it very hard for foreigners to let go of their properties. Now I know why I heard someone told me agents are usually interested to sell only new developer launched properties in Johor. Easier for them. I hear much less about "RESALE" properties.

So you plan to keep your Sky Loft condo for a long time? Do you know how is the resale condo market in Johor?

There are actually no dark secrets about resale issues in MY, just that people didn't bother to find out when they buy, are ignorant, are ill-informed or of it.
Many came in with their eyes closed and when they found out, its too late and can't do anything about it.
Later, I'll not surprised that thousands of Chinese Mainlander sellers shouting and cursing at their agents over the resale issue.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

How many times have I said "DO NOT TOUCH BUMI units" and no one want to listen. I can tell you guys it is a fact and all Malaysians shun away fron these BUMI lots. Even some Malays themselves do not want to buy these BUMI units. Simply there are too many restrictions and red tapes on resale.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many times have I said "DO NOT TOUCH BUMI units" and no one want to listen. I can tell you guys it is a fact and all Malaysians shun away fron these BUMI lots. Even some Malays themselves do not want to buy these BUMI units. Simply there are too many restrictions and red tapes on resale.

Yea, avoid Bumi if possible. Unless you are really looking long long term or willing to take significantly larger risk during resale.