• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did I mention the grass is greener on the other side? Whats wrong with u?

You were making comments about Singapore in a condescending tone, not appreciative of the efficiency and safety of the country, in other words meaning the grass is greener elsewhere, no need for you to say it explicitly.

And don't get me wrong, I am no flag waving PAP lover, but there are some things in Singapore done right.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious and purely for discussion only....

Many in today's weak SG property market are saying SG properties are too expensive.... cannot buy liao.

But I remember years ago, people were saying the same thing also. But prices still kept rising. Even for HDB flats, many said it was crazy to buy at S$600+k a few years ago. Too expensive. But today, those same flats now cost S$800+k! There are still buyers who find it attractive enough to buy now.

You just need more money to make money in SG I think....

On the other hand, for other foreign places like Iskandar, one may be going in cheap.... but i wonder how much the value can increase over time. Like SG? I really don't know. Only time will tell. But as of now, I think it's quite impossible to expect that in the short to mid-term.

So i guess if one wants stability, don't mind the smaller floor area, and most importantly, can afford it, SG properties still have their attraction?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious and purely for discussion only....

Many in today's weak SG property market are saying SG properties are too expensive.... cannot buy liao.

But I remember years ago, people were saying the same thing also. But prices still kept rising. Even for HDB flats, many said it was crazy to buy at S$600+k a few years ago. Too expensive. But today, those same flats now cost S$800+k! There are still buyers who find it attractive enough to buy now.

You just need more money to make money in SG I think....

On the other hand, for other foreign places like Iskandar, one may be going in cheap.... but i wonder how much the value can increase over time. Like SG? I really don't know. Only time will tell. But as of now, I think it's quite impossible to expect that in the short to mid-term.

So i guess if one wants stability, don't mind the smaller floor area, and most importantly, can afford it, SG properties still have their attraction?

Between shelling out $1.3m for a 3 bedroom condo (about 1000 sqft) in Singapore and RM1.3m for a Senibong Cove condo (about 1500 sqft), or even RM700K ($240K) for a fully furnished KSL Residences@Daya (about 1000 sqft) , I would make the choice of buying into JB if I am looking for a second property to buy. But this is peasant talking lah. In any case I feel that the burden of servicing the Singapore $1.3m loan would be much heavier compared to servicing a RM700K loan because of the currency exchange, assuming that suay suay cannot rent out.

Even if the value of the JB property does not increase by leaps and bounds over time compared to Singapore, the value of the condo property to me would be very high because I can freely use the condo facilities that are not available in my landed development, and I can also use it to host friends who come with their families, and maybe if I am lucky I may even get to let the developer rent out the unit for me. :p

Last edited:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont make assumptions

You were making comments about Singapore in a condescending tone, not appreciative of the efficiency and safety of the country, in other words meaning the grass is greener elsewhere, no need for you to say it explicitly.

And don't get me wrong, I am no flag waving PAP lover, but there are some things in Singapore done right.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only time I was robbed in my entire life is in Singapore when I was 11 and my BMX ( BMX to us void deck gin-na is like BMWs mind you ) parked & locked with bicycle chain for just 30 minutes at my friends void deck was stolen in broad daylight on a weekend! Damn heart pain as it was my 1st asset which attracted quite a number of girls to me. Shit Singapore got so many ninja robbers. Never assume Singapore is safe for "Assume is the Mother of all Fxxx-up.

Scared of crime, don't come JB le, spoil market only. My fav Bak Kut Teh shop now so ex and quality drop... sigh. If my Kuay Tiau Kia shop also spoil like this, then i'll be super pissed.

I'm born and bred in JB, and the only time i have been robbed was when I was 7 and some squatter kampung kids stole my bicycle which i left unattended when i went to buy super ring & mamee. The longest 10 minute walk back home in my life!

I've been picked pocketed before in Rome & KL, almost mugged in Newcastle UK and Los Angeles, verbally abused in Melbourne many times... Yes i used to hang out in ungodly hours and the most dodgy places, so i guess i put myself out there.

Soooo, JB is safe, just don't stick out like a sore thumb. Applies pretty much everywhere around the world.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fear for those normal lawyers, doctors or teachers. Many of them are earning S$7000-S$10k a month and is only barely there. Last week I met up with my personal surgeon and he was lamenting how bad his business will be as the global slowdown has hit him and many Indonesian Chinese cilents ( easily 60% of his cilents are Indo Chinese ) are bypassing him for "another hospital near Singapore slowly. Its that hard to earn Singapore dollars now.

IF you are a lawyer, you better buck up and make sure you are in the league of Subhas or Edmund Pereria etc. If you are a school teacher you better make sure you become one of those Clusters Superintendents. A normal principal post wont get you anywhere.

how you view the sg economy depends on your job security. if you work as an engineer*like some of my friends, you will definitely not think the economy is good. nowadays many engineers or R&D staff are retrenched in their early fiftites or late 40s. you know the reason..

the oil and gas also does very poorly. anyone who buys big o&G shares already say bye bye to half of his investments. With manufacuring constantly shifted to china and neighbouring countries due to low costs, one really should think if it is worthwhile to be burdened with 30 year loan to buy a 3 bedroom leasshold condo. you got to pay 4k sgd per month till 60s or 70s.

btw,,i do not feel those rich china people are intensely interested in sg. i went to beijing and shen zhen several times last year.They like the US and AU. at least they got big houses and big cars there. what can you get if you spend 2mil here?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only time I was robbed in my entire life is in Singapore when I was 11 and my BMX ( BMX to us void deck gin-na is like BMWs mind you ) parked & locked with bicycle chain for just 30 minutes at my friends void deck was stolen in broad daylight on a weekend! Damn heart pain as it was my 1st asset which attracted quite a number of girls to me. Shit Singapore got so many ninja robbers. Never assume Singapore is safe for "Assume is the Mother of all Fxxx-up.

And some say that every day in Singapore we are being "robbed", not by hooded men in black but by smiley men in white! LOL!:eek:

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Explicit implications and that is what I read it as, it is not an assumption.

Actually, he described SG as a germ-free sugar bubble, like a man-made lagoon. This is high praise, rather than condescension. It takes huge skill to make something as efficient and pasteurized as SG...even to have the vision to create and sustain a USP for inward invesmtent into the country is impressive - it's why it's an attractive corporate location in a sea of regional corruption and inefficiency.

What he's actually saying is that SG is an easy place generally, if you can master other places and markets, you are a more skillful person than a Singaporean who never leaves the country for work or investments.

No implication in what he said, you made some heroic inferences. So learn to read and understand English next time.

I hope you realise the tremendous, undying respect I say this with? I don't want you to get caustic with me.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, he described SG as a germ-free sugar bubble, like a man-made lagoon. This is high praise, rather than condescension. It takes huge skill to make something as efficient and pasteurized as SG...even to have the vision to create and sustain a USP for inward invesmtent into the country is impressive - it's why it's an attractive corporate location in a sea of regional corruption and inefficiency.

What he's actually saying is that SG is an easy place generally, if you can master other places and markets, you are a more skillful person than a Singaporean who never leaves the country for work or investments.

No implication in what he said, you made some heroic inferences. So learn to read and understand English next time.

I hope you realise the tremendous, undying respect I say this with? I don't want you to get caustic with me.

Sorry but why are you replying on his behalf? But to accord you due courtesy I will reply you.

There is still nothing wrong with not being able to leave Singapore if one is not skillful enough to leave, because there is no real need to, as I have said, after comparing and weighing all the plus and minuses in other countries, Singapore is still a great place to live and work and I appreciate it.

I would not describe Singapore as a germ free bubble as it is sarcastic and condescending, so no need to try to cover up for Dfris with your beautiful lagoon illustration.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry but why are you replying on his behalf? But to accord you due courtesy I will reply you.

There is still nothing wrong with not being able to leave Singapore if one is not skillful enough to leave, because there is no real need to, as I have said, after comparing and weighing all the plus and minuses in other countries, Singapore is still a great place to live and work and I appreciate it.

I would not describe Singapore as a germ free bubble as it is sarcastic and condescending, so no need to try to cover up for Dfris with your beautiful lagoon illustration.

I agree that Singapore is still a great place to live and work. Just that it is expensive as well.

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was just surprised by your poor comprehension, that's all.

SG is a great place to live, if increasingly expensive for many. I don't think it’s in any way condescending to mark the country out as being unique. It IS very much a bubble: if you can’t see that, you’re blind. The GDP per person is 5 times greater than the next biggest ASEAN country, higher than in any of the 5 biggest world economies.
The government does a huge amount of work to ‘nudge’ people into making good decisions (CPF, subsidized public housing, globally competitive low taxation, providing a world-class military, world class education). It’s an absolute marvel and an Asian ‘miracle’ – why else do you think governments around the world study the Singapore system?
I just think you’ve got a big chip on your shoulder…which is why you leapt to making the wrong assumptions about a perfectly reasonable comment. The same as you leap rabidly onto anyone making a positive comment about Iskandar.

I can’t claim the lagoon illustration, it was his.

Long may the bubble continue – to be honest, it fills me with hope that people can continue to create order amid chaos. When I look around the world at the fractious squabbling of nations, the threats that most live under every day from the low level (crime, corruption, poor healthcare, poor governance) to the worse (malnutrition, military adventurism, religious-led violence), SG stands out as a true bright spot. Or bubble, if you will.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was just surprised by your poor comprehension, that's all.

SG is a great place to live, if increasingly expensive for many. I don't think it’s in any way condescending to mark the country out as being unique. It IS very much a bubble: if you can’t see that, you’re blind. The GDP per person is 5 times greater than the next biggest ASEAN country, higher than in any of the 5 biggest world economies.
The government does a huge amount of work to ‘nudge’ people into making good decisions (CPF, subsidized public housing, globally competitive low taxation, providing a world-class military, world class education). It’s an absolute marvel and an Asian ‘miracle’ – why else do you think governments around the world study the Singapore system?
I just think you’ve got a big chip on your shoulder…which is why you leapt to making the wrong assumptions about a perfectly reasonable comment. The same as you leap rabidly onto anyone making a positive comment about Iskandar.

I can’t claim the lagoon illustration, it was his.

Long may the bubble continue – to be honest, it fills me with hope that people can continue to create order amid chaos. When I look around the world at the fractious squabbling of nations, the threats that most live under every day from the low level (crime, corruption, poor healthcare, poor governance) to the worse (malnutrition, military adventurism, religious-led violence), SG stands out as a true bright spot. Or bubble, if you will.

The more you post the more ridiculous you sound trying to cover up, have a good day.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fear for those normal lawyers, doctors or teachers. Many of them are earning S$7000-S$10k a month and is only barely there.

Doctor, lawyer average make that like.....high chance more and more will come buy iskandar just for the sake of owning a up market condo....

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my doctor friend who worked in Singapore ( from Sarawak ) stayed in HH.. When she bought the house it was already RM 1.3m.. think a corner lot but with perfect golf view. She was lamenting to me last week that she made a perfect choice upon my recommendation to shift to JB. I arrange for CHL to move her items personally. And guess what? She is a BUMI somemore so she got plenty of perks. Those chaps from Sarawak.

Doctor, lawyer average make that like.....high chance more and more will come buy iskandar just for the sake of owning a up market condo....