• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Legal issues/questions - Anything to do with lawyers and banks

stevenchua

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Faizul Hilmy & Chew have hidden fees not according to SRO

Oic, your is sub-sale. You better push your lawyer to follow up with the state approval. By 1 May if still not approved, then bye bye to your purchase.
But if you buy from developer then you are not affected by the timeline.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oic, your is sub-sale. You better push your lawyer to follow up with the state approval. By 1 May if still not approved, then bye bye to your purchase.
But if you buy from developer then you are not affected by the timeline.

I need to clarify with my lawyer about this may1st deadline. Her clerk keeps reassuring me that I am not affected as they look at the SPA date...

stevenchua

Alfrescian
Loyal

May I know what you bought ? Condo ? Landed property ? Area ?

Ripsta09

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi freedom, my case quite similar to yours. We signed SPA in Sept 2013 as well. Spoke to my lawyer the other day (Chambers of Jesvant Singh) and we were told initially we got rejected but they appeal our case as there were 2 rejections actually.

1) Unit was less than $500k (we bought a belleza unit at BI 7th Ave.)
2) Was told that the seller cannot sell the unit if it is less than 2 years of purchase. (i assumed it cant be sold to foreigner if less than 2 years as i saw there are still new listings around the area as those in 7th Ave. just TOP last year June)

The first hurdle able to go through as claimed by my lawyer.

Issue now is the second one which our lawyer stated that the regulation was not implemented before we purchase the unit. So it was unfair for both buyer and seller so they are appealing for us. I couldnt recall any policy that a unit could not be sold if it is less than 2 years or is there indeed any?

We were also told to prepare to extend the consent approval if the state is yet to get back to them in time. Sigh.... so very leceh and marfanlah buying house in JB.

If die2 they want to reject, then jialat man, have to look at those RM1 million units, budget would have exceeded and time consuming and waiting game again...

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

I need to clarify with my lawyer about this may1st deadline. Her clerk keeps reassuring me that I am not affected as they look at the SPA date...

Got this latest info from my lawyer:

"Just to summarise some clauses for your attention particularly in regards to the acquisition of property by foreigner in the state of Johor:

i. The RM1,000,000 -00 threshold will come into effect on 1/5/2014 ;
ii. The application fee has been increased to RM1,000-00 ; and
iii. The levy is increased to 2% of the Purchase Price or RM20,000-00, whichever is higher.

Please Note: All SPAs below RM1,000,000-00 which is signed and stamped before 1/5/2014 is exempted from the new guidelines on condition that the application for state consent is submitted to the land registry on or before 29/5/2014"

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got this latest info from my lawyer:

"Just to summarise some clauses for your attention particularly in regards to the acquisition of property by foreigner in the state of Johor:

i. The RM1,000,000 -00 threshold will come into effect on 1/5/2014 ;
ii. The application fee has been increased to RM1,000-00 ; and
iii. The levy is increased to 2% of the Purchase Price or RM20,000-00, whichever is higher.

Please Note: All SPAs below RM1,000,000-00 which is signed and stamped before 1/5/2014 is exempted from the new guidelines on condition that the application for state consent is submitted to the land registry on or before 29/5/2014"

Thanks for the info...keeping my fingers crossed that I can get the State consent....a bit worried cause when we google translate the bumi release letter which was in Malay, it stated that the houseccan only be sold to Malaysian citizen....

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Ripsta 09, good luck for your state consent...at least you will start looking again if you do not get yours...for me, hubby says not keen to look anymore if we do not get the state consent...

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi freedom, my case quite similar to yours. We signed SPA in Sept 2013 as well. Spoke to my lawyer the other day (Chambers of Jesvant Singh) and we were told initially we got rejected but they appeal our case as there were 2 rejections actually.

1) Unit was less than $500k (we bought a belleza unit at BI 7th Ave.)
2) Was told that the seller cannot sell the unit if it is less than 2 years of purchase. (i assumed it cant be sold to foreigner if less than 2 years as i saw there are still new listings around the area as those in 7th Ave. just TOP last year June)

The first hurdle able to go through as claimed by my lawyer.

Issue now is the second one which our lawyer stated that the regulation was not implemented before we purchase the unit. So it was unfair for both buyer and seller so they are appealing for us. I couldnt recall any policy that a unit could not be sold if it is less than 2 years or is there indeed any?

We were also told to prepare to extend the consent approval if the state is yet to get back to them in time. Sigh.... so very leceh and marfanlah buying house in JB.

If die2 they want to reject, then jialat man, have to look at those RM1 million units, budget would have exceeded and time consuming and waiting game again...

I never heard of a case where a normal lot cant be sold, if it has not crossed the 2 year mark. My guess: Is this a bumi lot?

sunnybee1975

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SG Loan of Msian Loan Better ? Hidden Costs ?

Could you share with us how much did Tan & Lee charge you for the runner to speed things up? I have this issue with my lawyer because they actually billed me RM 5k for the application fee (runner) on top of the state government consent levy of RM 10k. I wrote to my lawyers and they said the RM 5K is charged by the runners. It was not quote to me in when I first approached them. :-((

sunnybee1975

Alfrescian
Loyal

My lawyer charged RM 5k for their agent (runner) to process State Consent RM 10K. When I questioned my lawyers on the huge difference from Johor PTG Guidelines on approval RM(10k) / application fee Rm(500): para 7 (S433B NLC) for each title @ www.johorbar.org.my. Was told application fee of RM 500 is when I apply it myself with the land office. So fellow formers, do check with your lawyers on the runner fee , big hidden n costly.

typh00n

Alfrescian
Loyal

I heard it is possible for lawyers to submit State Consent application online.
Caveat Emptor...

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SG Loan of Msian Loan Better ? Hidden Costs ?

Could you share with us how much did Tan & Lee charge you for the runner to speed things up? I have this issue with my lawyer because they actually billed me RM 5k for the application fee (runner) on top of the state government consent levy of RM 10k. I wrote to my lawyers and they said the RM 5K is charged by the runners. It was not quote to me in when I first approached them. :-((

Actually, they need to ask you first whether u want a runner or not.

stevenchua

Alfrescian
Loyal

I just informed by my lawyer that my state consent has been approved today.
Feel relief now....

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Resale full cash payment

I have a question. As my State consent is now approved, I have 3 months to make payment if not have to pay 8% interest, something, I should have objected to on hindsight. But as seller seemed reluctant to sell, not cooperating with bumi release letter, in Japan now with Japanese husband, her lawyer being her friend who released the 10% prematurely to her, I feel insecure paying up the 90% cash in cheque to her lawyer in case I get cheated. What can I do in such a situation? Should I write the amount to my lawyer instead and let them write it to seller's lawyer? Owner had even asked me to write to her before and had mentioned she needs money making me even more insecure.

Any advice from forummers in similar situation before?

Is our money protected if lawyers abscond? Heard can get it back but very slow process and have to pay 20% from a Malaysian who kena with a much lower value property.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Resale full cash payment

I have a question. As my State consent is now approved, I have 3 months to make payment if not have to pay 8% interest, something, I should have objected to on hindsight. But as seller seemed reluctant to sell, not cooperating with bumi release letter, in Japan now with Japanese husband, her lawyer being her friend who released the 10% prematurely to her, I feel insecure paying up the 90% cash in cheque to her lawyer in case I get cheated. What can I do in such a situation? Should I write the amount to my lawyer instead and let them write it to seller's lawyer? Owner had even asked me to write to her before and had mentioned she needs money making me even more insecure.

Any advice from forummers in similar situation before?

Is our money protected if lawyers abscond? Heard can get it back but very slow process and have to pay 20% from a Malaysian who kena with a much lower value property.

No JB lawyer is going to abscond over a miserable RM900K. Seek your lawyer's advice on your next course of action.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Resale full cash payment

No JB lawyer is going to abscond over a miserable RM900K. Seek your lawyer's advice on your next course of action.

I am not so scared of my lawyer absconding as they are recommended by UOB bank but the seller's lawyer from Malacca releasing the money prematurely to the owner as he is her personal friend and owner absconding as they have released the 10% when they were not supposed to to her. She had also seemed unwillingly to sell and is in Japan now.

My Malaysian neighbourhood friend had his lawyer abscond tho just a 60k house and he took 1 year to get the money back with 20% fees and I believe it is a JB lawyer.