• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Legal issues/questions - Anything to do with lawyers and banks

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Resale full cash payment

I am not so scared of my lawyer absconding as they are recommended by UOB bank but the seller's lawyer from Malacca releasing the money prematurely to the owner as he is her personal friend and owner absconding as they have released the 10% when they were not supposed to to her. She had also seemed unwillingly to sell and is in Japan now.

My Malaysian neighbourhood friend had his lawyer abscond tho just a 60k house and he took 1 year to get the money back with 20% fees and I believe it is a JB lawyer.

So what's your lawyer's advice? If you are so worried, perhaps you should buy new direct from financially strong developer instead. There are many new semi-ds in the area, either launched or waiting to be launched. Eg. Sunway Lenang Heights, Ponderosa Vista/Woods, Desa Tebrau Precinct 12.

So have you bought any property in SG before? Did you worry that the SG lawyer will run away too? What was your safeguard then?

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

So what's your lawyer's advice? If you are so worried, perhaps you should buy new direct from financially strong developer instead. There are many new semi-ds in the area, either launched or waiting to be launched. Eg. Sunway Lenang Heights, Ponderosa Vista/Woods, Desa Tebrau Precinct 12.

So have you bought any property in SG before? Did you worry that the SG lawyer will run away too? What was your safeguard then?

My lawyer just replied saying they can be the stakeholder...feel much more reassured.

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Faizul Hilmy & Chew have hidden fees not according to SRO

My BIL is using the legal services of Tan & Lee appointed by HH.
Very good customer service, responsive, and professional. Fees are charged according to SRO.

But his another unit which is assigned to Faizul Hilmy & Chew is terrible.
Very poor customer service, unresponsive, fees are very expensive and not charged according to SRO.:eek:

Agreed with u... Faizul hilmy & chew is super terrible!!! Very unresponsive and super slow

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Am I really a fei yang , dun like that leh....I very cash poor actually....

Got food to eat.. AH.JPG

Last edited:

stevenchua

Alfrescian
Loyal

Foreigner can own a "Bumi release lot".
Means if Bumi reserve lot not sold within a certain period they can applied by developer to seek state approved to treat as Bumi release lot.
You can get a approved letter from your lawyer to prove the property has approved and Bumi released by the state.
I have obtain the letter from my developer to prove the property I am buying is Bumi release lot.
Don't worry as long is a Bumi release you can resell to foreigner again.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Foreigner can own a "Bumi release lot".
Means if Bumi reserve lot not sold within a certain period they can applied by developer to seek state approved to treat as Bumi release lot.
You can get a approved letter from your lawyer to prove the property has approved and Bumi released by the state.
I have obtain the letter from my developer to prove the property I am buying is Bumi release lot.
Don't worry as long is a Bumi release you can resell to foreigner again.

I am a foreigner, bought a bumi-released unit from developer after the developer had secured the approval from land office after 3 attempts and had now sold off the unit to another foreigner and all transactions completed.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am a foreigner, bought a bumi-released unit from developer after the developer had secured the approval from land office after 3 attempts and had now sold off the unit to another foreigner and all transactions completed.

Certainly put those "never touch with a 10 foot pole" comments to rest. :wink:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

freedom's case not so direct one lor. Dun play in e m&d, go home mama scold.:p

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

freedom's case not so direct one lor. Dun play in e m&d, go home mama scold.:p

Really dunno whether to buy or not....must pay 90% by july if wanna buy....ythink if we bring our equity loan money back and invest in sph with 5 to 9% dividend yield safer....think overexposed to properties and should have more good blue chip stocks for passive income from dividends....

Malaysia policies changes too fast....now they are considering raising limit to 2 million rm for foreigners to buy then how I sell to foreigners next time....knight frank valuation of my property only 850k and I am buying at 950k...already cov too high....

Think i will prob get stuck if i buy so prob will not buy though suffer 110k rm loss like that....can only take back our 900k rm equity loan and manage it ourselves...feel safer that way and can sleep better rather than give it to a seller who has proven herself untrustworthy with her lies and tactics....

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

都来到这里.., turn offensive in yr nego/approach lor if u like e unit so.........much.
Keep control of yr situation and $. Good luck to you.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bro, brought a landed house 5yrs ago with my sister , 50-50 share. How can I buy over her share as she does not want it anymore? Do I need to go through the whole buying process once again or simply withdraw her name with the lawyer ? Will the 1m rule , 4% foreigner levey , sale tax come into play again ?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bro, brought a landed house 5yrs ago with my sister , 50-50 share. How can I buy over her share as she does not want it anymore? Do I need to go through the whole buying process once again or simply withdraw her name with the lawyer ? Will the 1m rule , 4% foreigner levey , sale tax come into play again ?

According to this two news articles, withdrawal of sister name from property need to re-sign SPA, pay lawyer fees, stamp duty etc. Example given was Rm4850 for legal fees & stamp duty for property valued at Rm200k.

http://property.sinchew.com.my/node/2540?tid=7
http://property.sinchew.com.my/node/2541?tid=7

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SG Loan of Msian Loan Better ? Hidden Costs ?

Hi Brothers and sisters!
I am new in this forum. Actually I have prepared a will for my daughter to inherit my JB properties, which were below RM1m. But now I read that this is not allowed. My previous lawyer told me that a Singapore Will could be used both in Singapore and JB. Can someone give some advice on this matter? Even for properties below RM1m?

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

都来到这里.., turn offensive in yr nego/approach lor if u like e unit so.........much.
Keep control of yr situation and $. Good luck to you.

Decided to go ahead and buy as no point realising a 110k rm loss and as rts seems to be happening with it being in the news more, I can semiretire there when rts is up....only hope of early retirement is by buying there too....going down this sat to pay the money...hope and pray all goes well and I can get the title deed soon...

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Decided to go ahead and buy as no point realising a 110k rm loss and as rts seems to be happening with it being in the news more, I can semiretire there when rts is up....only hope of early retirement is by buying there too....going down this sat to pay the money...hope and pray all goes well and I can get the title deed soon...

都已经玩到这里..将死它!! :o
Just pondering, y u didnt take bank loan..anyway u r smarter than me.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

都已经玩到这里..将死它!! :o
Just pondering, y u didnt take bank loan..anyway u r smarter than me.

I did. I took an equity loan against my sg terrace which almost doubled in value at 1.48% pa. So it is totally bought with loan. Repaying 1200 per mth. But can get to keep title deed as paying with full cash (ie the equity loan).