• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Legal issues/questions - Anything to do with lawyers and banks

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SG Loan of Msian Loan Better ? Hidden Costs ?

I believe that SPA signed before obtaining State Consent is deemed as conditional SPA. If State Consent is not approved, this conditional SPA will be void.

So many pattern. Lucky my lawyers din drag. First one took just over a month to get state consent after signing intent to buy with developer, and second one took less than a month. SPA was quickly signed within 1 week of state consent.

DMX88

Alfrescian
Loyal

So many pattern. Lucky my lawyers din drag. First one took just over a month to get state consent after signing intent to buy with developer, and second one took less than a month. SPA was quickly signed within 1 week of state consent.

oh that's very good. can share your lawyer's name for our reference in future transaction? thanks

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes, terrible? how long normally it would take after submitted to lawyer?

Honestly I can't comment about how long it takes normally because I only have a one time experience in buying JB property. But given that state consent approval itself can take a few months I would think the lawyer should submit it within 2 weeks as a reasonable time frame. Everything depends on getting state consent approval. But if your property is only to be ready in 2 years time then I suppose it is not time critical so long as your purchase is above RM one million.

Eesee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes there is a one year validity period from the date of state consent indicated on the letter of the state consent. It is in Malay and last time someone mentioned before can be renewed.

We paid up the house in full one month before the expiry of the state levy. The lawyer's staff told us that by the time they wanted to apply for transfer to our names, the consent just expired so they had no control over delay in paper work (implying that they are not responsible for the delay in our case???_). So it's unfair for us to pay for the penalty! Has anyone here experience the same problem?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Paid in full wo obtaining state consent approval. --自杀. Like tat easier to remember.:p

DMX88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Honestly I can't comment about how long it takes normally because I only have a one time experience in buying JB property. But given that state consent approval itself can take a few months I would think the lawyer should submit it within 2 weeks as a reasonable time frame. Everything depends on getting state consent approval. But if your property is only to be ready in 2 years time then I suppose it is not time critical so long as your purchase is above RM one million.

to share, my lawyer is Toong & Co, appointed by Setia. And if i'm not wrong the legal fee absorption comes with condition that we accept this lawyer to settle the transaction

altho it's above 1M, there's another worry leh: levy will increase to 2%. anybody has any idea when is the effective time?

DMX88

Alfrescian
Loyal

just got clarification from the lawyer, they said they were waiting for the complete documents from Setia, upon receiving it, they immediately send the application. it took 1 month instead of 2 months, i saw the wrong SPA signing date, sign it on nov and they submitted the application on dec, still considered slow.

and they mentioned that consent shd be received in this months, while the levy will be increased on 1 May...

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

just got clarification from the lawyer, they said they were waiting for the complete documents from Setia, upon receiving it, they immediately send the application. it took 1 month instead of 2 months, i saw the wrong SPA signing date, sign it on nov and they submitted the application on dec, still considered slow.

and they mentioned that consent shd be received in this months, while the levy will be increased on 1 May...

Wish you everything soon soon lee lee!

DorisPing

Alfrescian
Loyal

DMX,
Levy increase in May?? Sure or not?? Is this official? :eek:
Is this based on the SPA signing date or consent date?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

for those using UXX bank for mortgage , if you hv changed your mailing address last yr to your msia address , please check they dont deduct another RM70 for postage fees . Mine kenna deducted even though i have changed my address since last year .... msia banks really no standard . i been receiving my monthly statement in msia address since last sept , they still anyhow deduct ! luckily i always check what they deduct from my loan acct. too bad i dun really know how they caculate the loan interest , else can really check any mistake . every month paid RM2400 and RM1650 goes to interest , ouch !

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Quick quick reduce yr principle loan amt lor. Receive loan statement yrly can liao mah.

Last edited:

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah, that's a lot of $ just on interest alone.
Every mth the house eats up quite alot: RM1650+ maintenance+ water & light, excluding quit rent, reno, cleaning, etc.
Do give a thought abt renting it out if U don't intend to stay, can help offset some fixed expenses. Remember, for every investment, the investment must take care of itself! With the money collected, U can always do up a nicer reno in future. If nobody stay in the house, it will run down faster.

for those using UXX bank for mortgage , if you hv changed your mailing address last yr to your msia address , please check they dont deduct another RM70 for postage fees . Mine kenna deducted even though i have changed my address since last year .... msia banks really no standard . i been receiving my monthly statement in msia address since last sept , they still anyhow deduct ! luckily i always check what they deduct from my loan acct. too bad i dun really know how they caculate the loan interest , else can really check any mistake . every month paid RM2400 and RM1650 goes to interest , ouch !

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah, that's a lot of $ just on interest alone.
Every mth the house eats up quite alot: RM1650+ maintenance+ water & light, excluding quit rent, reno, cleaning, etc.
Do give a thought abt renting it out if U don't intend to stay, can help offset some fixed expenses. Remember, for every investment, the investment must take care of itself! With the money collected, U can always do up a nicer reno in future. If nobody stay in the house, it will run down faster.

thanks for the advice , i am staying on weekends and my house is not run down except my garden needs to do it nicely ....
i do have a part time helper to clean the house once or twice a month.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Quick quick reduce yr principle loan amt lor. Receive loan statement yrly can liao mah.

actually Uxx implement estatment for credit cards but not for loan . i dont need their monthly statement too as i can view online.

DMX88

Alfrescian
Loyal

DMX,
Levy increase in May?? Sure or not?? Is this official? :eek:
Is this based on the SPA signing date or consent date?

that's what my lawyer told me.. they said in the email "we were informed"

based on consent date, that's why i'm worried..

DorisPing

Alfrescian
Loyal

icic...i should check with my lawyers as well...but will this affect the entire johore or exclude medini like the ringgits 1mio ruling...?

that's what my lawyer told me.. they said in the email "we were informed"

based on consent date, that's why i'm worried..