• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

YPAP Eric How made police report on Facebook “impersonation”

sgnewsalte

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/01/22/ypap-eric-how-made-police-report-on-facebook-impersonation/

YPAP Eric How made police report on Facebook “impersonation”

January 22, 2010 by admin
Filed under Headlines

Leave a comment

Written by Our Correspondent

YPAP member Eric How has a made a police report on somebody impersonating him on the YPAP Facebook.

“Eric How” sparked a massive outcry in cyberspace two weeks ago with his callous remarks posted on the YPAP Facebook Network.

In the first instance, he slammed netizens for “slapping on the government senselessly” because they did not get “any fruits of benefits” from their forefathers:

erichowypap

[Source: YPAP Facebook listed in the public domain]

In the second instance, he called netizens “donkeys”:

“Stubborn donkeys like you just do not wanna hear the truth. I am still enjoying myself and busy doing my own business rather than doing unproductive stuffs like nagging on the forum anonymously.”

According to a report on Chinese tabloid Lianhe Wanbao, the “real” Eric How has stepped forward to clarify that he was not responsible for these comments and he had already made a police report.

The first comment was posted way back on 2 January 2010. For some strange reasons, Eric did not clarify himself immediately then and waited only till almost three weeks later to do so.

The comment was posted on YPAP Facebook and if the “Eric How” was really an impostor, surely the other YPAP members would have realized it and deleted the posting immediately.

Furthermore, when we clicked on the name “Eric How”, it did go to the Facebook which was proclaimed on Wanbao as belonging to the “real” Eric and his particulars were all deleted after the controversy broke out over his first comment.

Whether the impersonation did take place or not, Mr How should have simply written in to Facebook to delete the impostor’s account instead of making a police report.

If the police really investigate the matter, they may need to retrieve the IP address of the culprit from the YPAP Facebook. Will this lead to the identities of other users being divulged as well?

After maintaining a noble silence for more than 2 weeks, YPAP Chairman Teo Ser Luck finally opened his mouth and commented on the incident:

“These remarks are insensitive and inappropriate and do not represent the YPAP.”

He claimed he would not lend support to them.

If he really feel so strongly against it, why didn’t he state his stance immediately then and have to wait until Mr How make a police report?

Till the police manages to prove beyond any doubt that the “Eric How” posting on YPAP Facebook is an impostor, we shall regard Mr How’s claims with a heavy dose of salt as of now.

sgnewsalte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is one of the comments:

Sinkapore on Fri, 22nd Jan 2010 6:22 pm

I am way into my 60s, and if I were to be so easilly taken in by the REAL Eric’s claim that his account at FaceBook was compromised and that SOMEONE (other than himself) had actually posted these comments and managed to get away with it without a SINGLE SOUL at yPAPies noticing it for 14 DAYS!, then I” be worst off than a MORON and would have wasted all my time going to school, joining the system and growing up!

Anyone with HALF A BRAIN would have figured out what had actually happened and for the benefit of those who have only 1/4 of a brain, here my hunch:

1. REAL Eric How did INDEED posted the comments but NO ONE at yPAPies had anticipated that Netizens would have made such a BIG ISSUE out of it.

2. The BIG ISSUE caused PAPies to ‘lose face’ and can not be allowed to carry on further because it would make the PAPies and yPAPies look very very bad.

3. So YPAPies Chairman Teo Ser Luck kenna arrow to settle this by someone from the famiLEE (or tender his resignation if cannot settle amicably) with the SPECIFIC instructions “whoever posted that comments cannot be from the yPAPies even if it is, you understand?”.

4. But Teo Ser Luck CANNOT just sack REAL Eric How because (according to Eric How’s own admission), his family very RICH, INFLUENTIAL and CONNECTED. So Teo Ser Luck kenna stuck in a fix, had to cook up something.

5. In a moment of frustration, Teo visited TR and read the Romanian Diplomat postings, then a bright idea came to mind and thus the Police Report BECAUSE Teo knows that:

a. Police is from the famiLEE, so easier to control their output and investigation result, IF ANY.

b. Facebook is NOT in Sinkapore, so jurisdiction wise, Sinkapore POLICE have NO POWERS to investigate Facebook’s servers even if they had wanted to. Permission and cooperation would have to be sought from the management of Facebook but it is very unlikely to be granted due to their EXTREMELY TIGHT Privacy Policy.

c. Management of Facebook would most likely tell Sinkapore Police to go get a Court Order and if the Police is stupid enough to actually make an application to the Court, then the Court there would also most probably tell Sinkapore Police to go fly a kite because the gound for such is weak.

d. Police next alternative would be to contact the corresponding authorities in the country where Facebook is based and hosted in and seek assistance but most likely the Sinkapore Police will have to fly kite again because its a management issue which decision lies with the Facebook eventually.

So basically, all this wayang is only a LAME EFFORT to TRY VERY HARD to inculcate a doubt in STOOOOOOOOOPID readers mindset that REAL Eric How is actually not the REAL one but a FALSE one making the postings and that the REAL Eric How did not make the posting when infact the REAL Eric How made the posting but cannot be seen to have made the posting because it would make the yPAPies and PAPies look very very BAD.

Hunch aside, as in any court of law, given the REAL Eric How’s precedence of the ‘forefather karma thing’, there can be NO DOUBT in my mind whatsoever that the REAL Eric How is capable of and DID INFACT made the posting and not the FAKE Eric How.

Anyone not agree with me?

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope this will turn out to be a blockbuster, not something with Gurmit Singh starring in it!:p

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S7GE_HMZxa0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S7GE_HMZxa0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bluff pple one lah.
Any fool would know is bluff pple one.

Now they realize the power of internet.
First is Ris low, then is McDonald.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am way into my 60s, and if I were to be so easilly taken in by the REAL Eric’s claim that his account at FaceBook was compromised and that SOMEONE (other than himself) had actually posted these comments and managed to get away with it without a SINGLE SOUL at yPAPies noticing it for 14 DAYS!, then I” be worst off than a MORON and would have wasted all my time going to school, joining the system and growing up!

Anyone with HALF A BRAIN would have figured out what had actually happened and for the benefit of those who have only 1/4 of a brain, here my hunch:

How can a 'hunch' pass for a brain?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Faint! This saga is really exciting, isn't it?

Who is Eric How that someone would want to impersonate him?

Goh Meng Seng

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
20100122_news_PAPyouth_img_main.jpg

行青团团员报警投诉,遭人冒名栽赃,发表嚣张言论,引起公愤!

被指冒称行青团团员的神秘人,日前是以“艾力克”(Eric How)的身分,在一论坛上公然指出“网民愚蠢责骂政府,是因果报应,没从老祖宗那里尝到甜头”。

他说:“要怪只能怪老祖宗没为后代铺好路,如果一切安排妥当的话,不需要躲在键盘后面埋怨政府。”

“艾力克”也说,新加坡就业市场开放,有能力的人自然能找到工作,而不是依国籍来论,所以不要唠叨政府把工作让给外国人,也不要抱怨每天挤公车。

他还要网民认清,只有为下一代创造良好条件,才不会造就只会愚蠢责骂政府的后代。

“艾力克”的嚣张言论一出,即被多个网站转载,引起许多网民公愤。

网民更因其“行青团团员”的特殊身份,担忧所谓的“精英”如此不敏感,未来领袖是否也是这等素质。

一陈姓女网友在Facebook上问行青团主席张思乐,无法想像未来的领袖有此“精英观”,作为行青团团员,在公开场合作此言论是否合适?

可是,就在此事闹得纷纷扰扰之时,真的艾力克昨晚却在Facebook现身澄清,声称被人冒名栽赃,从未发表过任何歧视言论,并已报警:biggrin:

张思乐昨晚在Facebook回复表示,这番言论若真出自行青团团员的口,只是代表一个人的意见,不能代表行青团。

质疑艾力克的真实身份之余,张思乐同时指出这样的言论、动机不敏感也不恰当,本身和行青团也不支持,并希望新时代网民有能力自辩真伪。

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guy must have panicked when PAP questioned him about the comments. Knowing the Police, they won't go past first base asking a junior officer to liaise with FB to provide the login prints.

Faint! This saga is really exciting, isn't it?

Who is Eric How that someone would want to impersonate him?

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Actually there is a way to find out whether that Eric How is really an impersonator or not. For those who are interested to know how to do it, pm me. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Guy must have panicked when PAP questioned him about the comments. Knowing the Police, they won't go past first base asking a junior officer to liaise with FB to provide the login prints.

I did some primarily research. That Eric How is someone REAL in life. No doubt about it. I mean, would an impersonator leave his tracks as such? Unimaginable.

You can claim mistaken identity or whatever. But impersonator is totally another kind of cake altogether. This is going to be interesting. It is not that difficult to prove whether that account holder is truly an impersonator or not.

Goh Meng Seng

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the first time I've been missing, and now I came back just to FUCK YOU.

Great! it is my pleasure.

Most importantly, I do not represent any opposition party.

I know what is your motives, you are representing on behalf of PAP and your objective is to "drown" any opposition supporter including the party.

Let's GY defend himself in whatever I have already challenge him.

In the meantime, suck your own dad balls, once you enough experience, go ahead sucK every each PAP dickhead, including LKY.

I hope George Yeo to do the same and exposed the real identity of Lee Hsien Tau and NissanVip who spam his fan page with distasteful and insulting language everyday..these 2 are killing the opposition image:oIo:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its very straight forward as FB uses authentication software for posting. The whole things can be traced to the mac within 48 hours by Singtel. As he had been posting for sometime, tying him to the mac is easy.

It is not that difficult to prove whether that account holder is truly an impersonator or not.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Its very straight forward as FB uses authentication software for posting. The whole things can be traced to the mac within 48 hours by Singtel. As he had been posting for sometime, tying him to the mac is easy.

By simple deduction, this Eric How account cannot be just an impersonator account. Look at the friends he has BEFORE he joined the Young PAP network. There is one person with only 9 friends, one who is Eric How himself. It means that this guy must know Eric How in person, not like me or any public figures like George Yeo, anyone or everyone could be friends with us.

So it will be very very interesting if the police is to do the tracing. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, this guy is screwed. When I first saw the report, I thought that its was a subsequent and a recent posting not the original set of posting. Hopefully his family will come on their new cars and help him out

By simple deduction, this Eric How account cannot be just an impersonator account. Look at the friends he has BEFORE he joined the Young PAP network. There is one person with only 9 friends, one who is Eric How himself. It means that this guy must know Eric How in person, not like me or any public figures like George Yeo, anyone or everyone could be friends with us.

So it will be very very interesting if the police is to do the tracing. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it's more insidious. Might be trying to "flush" out Singaporeans using facebook as a political platform to communicate.

Will Facebook succumb?

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
During the epic anime saga, ISPs with the exception of one , were all too willing to gave away namelists of who downloaded what.