• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

You know you outdated about Singapore when... (with answers)

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
- your wife irons the clothes with an iron that requires charcoal
- you still have that old black antique phone with a turn dial for dialing numbers
- your wife cooks using charcoal
- your house uses kerosene lamps
- you are still listening to your favourite station on Redifusion
- before the nightfall, you take out the pressure lamp and put in spirit to light up the filament
- you have a well behind your house

applei

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know you are really outdated, when you start getting chills and panicky after going through the posts in this thread.

p.s. thanks to Windsor for starting this thread, this is the place for many good laffs :p

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know you are really outdated, when you start getting chills and panicky after going through the posts in this thread.

p.s. thanks to Windsor for starting this thread, this is the place for many good laffs :p

Give credit where credit is due.:smile: The honour goes to eErotica69 being the TS.:cool:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U noe u r outdated when you have a dragon-urn in your bathroom to collect water

u noe u r outdated when you go look for a spittoon to clear your throat.

Last edited:

applei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh that's terrible of me. Thanks for the tinkle Windsor!
Yes indeed it was eErotica69.
Thanks to him for starting the thread. I have many great laffs!

Give credit where credit is due.:smile: The honour goes to eErotica69 being the TS.:cool:

applei

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know you outdated about Singapore when...

you wonder where are the plantations and farm crops at Yio chu Kang and Punggol, instead you are seeing many crowded pigeon holes around these flats.

Haw Par Villa is always there forever; but never seems to open because of the never-ending constructions inside.

applei

Alfrescian
Loyal

you still think that the ruling gov is as good as it is, not realizing that it has started to shed like onion skins since the last GE...

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

you still think that the ruling gov is as good as it is, not realizing that it has started to shed like onion skins since the last GE...

This one is if we are cavemen.

Or in your case, cavewoman..................... :o

jw5

Loyal

You are shocked to receive a call with a foreign voice and the person asks "Errrr.......do you want to buy this and that, but by the way what is your name? I only have your serial number."

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you rush to buy Sunday Times to read your favourite comic strips, "Wizard of Id", "Blondie" and "Alley Oop."

applei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yea in this age, there are many nuisance calls trying to sell this and that, or trying to get one into debt.
Silly companies, my usual response is I am not interested and please take my name off from your list, thank you. :wink:

You are shocked to receive a call with a foreign voice and the person asks "Errrr.......do you want to buy this and that, but by the way what is your name? I only have your serial number."

jw5

Loyal
Yea in this age, there are many nuisance calls trying to sell this and that, or trying to get one into debt.
Silly companies, my usual response is I am not interested and please take my name off from your list, thank you. :wink:

Just keep repeating "no thank you" until the person gives up and hangs up.

The problem is many of them will ask "why no thank you?" :(