• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

You know you outdated about Singapore when... (with answers)

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Equalisation knows he's outdated when he's stilling playing Herb Alpert Rise vinyl record.

I still play Herb Alpert RISE! vinyl record...still gets the chill...no need chivas regal, this is not outated, it is call RETRO..and so far back, we call it BACK THROW...ha ha ha

FuzzyDude

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone mentioned about radio and/or dj.

You know you outdated about Singapore when... you expect to hear DJ Roger Kool to be on air.

RIP Roger Kool, he had passed away in 2005.

He has passed away ? I'm really outdated...
I used to listen to him on rediffusion, I remember he went all the way to US and met up with casey kasem ...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There used to be a shadow stevens and there's rick dees every week. That was the time when radio was still a source of entertainment before the internet totally took over.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
They still sell but in limited quantities, but I wonder why as it was very popular before.

Mailing got banned substances in it, that why got banned locally. i forgotten what the substance already

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mailing got banned substances in it, that why got banned locally. i forgotten what the substance already

Cancer-causing antibiotic found in popular luncheon pork

SINGAPORE- The agent of a popular mainland canned pork product has initiated a recall and suspended sales after tests showed a sample contained a cancer-causing antibiotic.

The Centre for Food Safety yesterday revealed this after laboratory tests showed a sample of Shanghai Ma Ling B2 340g pork luncheon meat (less sodium) was found to have traces of nitrofurans.

The batch number is B2 5 for the product, which carries a best-before date of December 26, 2009 . According to the sole agent, the canned pork was imported on only two occasions - last December and January this year. The scare spread when Singapore 's Agri -Food and Veterinary Authority detected carcinogenic traces in a consignment of canned pork from Ma Ling and Gulong food processing factories.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cancer-causing antibiotic found in popular luncheon pork

SINGAPORE- The agent of a popular mainland canned pork product has initiated a recall and suspended sales after tests showed a sample contained a cancer-causing antibiotic.

The Centre for Food Safety yesterday revealed this after laboratory tests showed a sample of Shanghai Ma Ling B2 340g pork luncheon meat (less sodium) was found to have traces of nitrofurans.

The batch number is B2 5 for the product, which carries a best-before date of December 26, 2009 . According to the sole agent, the canned pork was imported on only two occasions - last December and January this year. The scare spread when Singapore 's Agri -Food and Veterinary Authority detected carcinogenic traces in a consignment of canned pork from Ma Ling and Gulong food processing factories.

Screw the PRCs, our authorities has been lax about foodstuff imported from China. We import so much of their food products, it scares me. The worst thing about Singapore importers like their PRC counterparts, all they care is making profits and to heck with quality control and safety. From tons of cheap plastic toys to Food and medicines, we are being drowned by their bad products as though we are their dumping ground. The Ministry of Trade and Industry is not doing a good job of the uncontrollable importation of these poor quality stuff.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U know when you are outdated when you go on Tuesday to Funan Centre for your Coney Dog, and find out that, it is now Funan Leisuremall & A&W closed down.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know you r outdated when you still ask your gf / bf to meet at the fountain at Clementi Central / Toa Payoh central.

You know you r outdated when you wanna go have dinner at hawker centre beside Botanic Gdn

You know you r outdated when you wanna drive your son to Dempsy for pre-enlistment checkup.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know you r outdated when you still ask your gf / bf to meet at the fountain at Clementi Central / Toa Payoh central.

You know you r outdated when you wanna go have dinner at hawker centre beside Botanic Gdn

You know you r outdated when you wanna drive your son to Dempsy for pre-enlistment checkup.

It was , meet me at Taman Serasi for lunch, you know you are really outdated.

You know you are really outdated, when you take a taxi & you tell the taxi driver, GAY WORLD.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
- you wanted to explore Marsiling Hill and found it gone and instead there were blocks of HDB flats.
- you wanted to explore the sand quarries in Tampines and instead they are all gone.