• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

You Can Now Use Samsung Pay for MRT

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
SimplyGo With Samsung Pay Means No More Topping Up & Hogging MRT Queues
mustsharenews.com

image-1.jpg

Bishan, Clementi, Jurong East. Anyone who’s ever been to these stations at 8am on a weekday would appreciate an ‘automated’ and fast moving queue. But give it just 3 minutes, and we guarantee you that there’d be one or two burdens fumbling through their bags for their card at the gantry who will hold up the entire line.

It is at times like this when you’d wonder — with all the recent technological advances, why is it that we’re still held back by such rudimentary human errors?

Tap your Samsung phone at the gantry for quick access

Smartphones today are more than just devices that allow you to communicate with your family and friends.

Among other practical uses like taking photos and paying friends for supper, our phones can now be used to pay for public transport fares, thanks to SimplyGo, a recently-launched programme supported by the LTA.

If you’re using a Samsung device, simply link your credit or debit card up with Samsung Pay, and you’re ready to tap your way past the gantry for your next MRT ride — even when the screen is locked.

That’s right, there’s no need to waste time scanning your fingerprint or keying in your passcode containing uppercase letters, numerals, and symbols. This will save you 0.4438 seconds. At the very least.

And if you’re constantly glued to the phone, this also means no last-minute fumbles at the gantry when it’s your turn to tap.

No more rejections at the MRT gantries

Getting rejected by your date can be rather devastating. But getting denied at the MRT gantry is something on a whole new level, especially if you’re running late for work or that dreaded 8am class.

Samsung Pay draws directly from your card, so you won’t need to rush for last-minute top-ups at the MRT ‘Add Value Machines’ or purchase one-way MRT tickets because you forgot to bring your wallet.

There are also no hidden or additional charges for using this service.

In fact, you can even track your travel expenditure on SimplyGo’s website — perfect for those of you who’re conscious about your expenses.

Install Samsung Pay and register for SimplyGo

samsung-pay.jpg
Your phone turns into a transport card.
The registration process for SimplyGo is pretty straightforward and can be completed in 3 steps:
  1. Install Samsung Pay from the Play Store (If you have not)
  2. Setup your Samsung Pay account with SimplyGo
  3. Register at the SimplyGo portal | Q&A can be found here.
And with more than 1 in 3 people in Singapore using Samsung phones, we can only hope that the uptake of SimplyGo means much much quicker lines at the MRT.
This post was brought to you by Samsung Pay.

Featured image from Twitter.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Samsung Pay draws directly from your card, so you won’t need to rush for last-minute top-ups at the MRT ‘Add Value Machines’ or purchase one-way MRT tickets because you forgot to bring your wallet.

Not sure about the youths of today, but I can get by a day fairly comfortably without my phone, however I need my wallet.

Shut Up you are Not MM

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't know if student and pioneer concession cards can Samsung Pay or not? I want to change to Huawei already, as soon as Mate X fold screen 5G can be used. My Samsung want to condemn already, if can use as MRT Card I w keep or else give to my 小三。