• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

YOG tickets sold twice?

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's see if I'm getting this right...

According to the Straits Times, MOE snapped up a whole bunch of tickets, 84000 altogether? Teachers and school kids attend events but leave venues early. Thus on the whole attendance at most events is sparse. Many Singaporeans want to attend but there are no tickets available. Tickets sold out but very few attending, an oxymoron that is actually happening in real life. So because of this, tickets are again being sold to the public.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the seats be given away? After all they've already been bought and paid for. Why are they being sold again?

On wait a minute, the moment this question pops up the answer will be the seats sold to the public are not the MOE ones, but specially reserved in case of such emergencies. At any moment there was never any dangar of seats being totally sold out, thus Singaporeans will always have a chance to support their country.

I thank the Dear Leader for giving me the insight into answering my own foolish question.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't get it. Why will anyone watch YOG? If got time go watch reruns of Mr Bean also better!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MOE sold the tickets to the students, in which the parents have to fork out the money. The parent wanting to support their children at YOG have to pay for tickets, which had already being sold to their children...

ha ha ha ha ha.....It is similar having being cheated by the same conman,TWICE!! ha ha ha ha ha UNIQUELY your SINGAPORE!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you sell anything twice to two different supposed buyers, you'd be arrested and hauled to court and prison, isn't it?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you sell anything twice to two different supposed buyers, you'd be arrested and hauled to court and prison, isn't it?

Are u asking poodles to bite their own masters? Unthinkable! Especially coming from an ex-poodle like u.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Legal money laundering lor, LOL :biggrin::biggrin:

Legalised money laundering was invented in Holland when they exaggerated the prices of tulips to impossibly unimaginable levels to cover their shipping trade profits from being taxed. Football kelong was also invented in Holland when sure-win games could be lost. Actually, Holland quite inventive. Rubber dinghy you there to learn something. :biggrin:

S

suicidalpap

Legalised money laundering was invented in Holland when they exaggerated the prices of tulips to impossibly unimaginable levels to cover their shipping trade profits from being taxed. Football kelong was also invented in Holland when sure-win games could be lost. Actually, Holland quite inventive. Rubber dinghy you there to learn something. :biggrin:

Yes they are very inventive. But none can beat LKY by inventing legalised corruption.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
New comment to play tai chi. Come late leave early!

Cpt. Goh : Tonight you come do crowd control for a netball game?

Provost Cpl. : What netball game? NS only got guys. Netball only girls.

Cpt. Goh : Shuddup dah. Just obey orders. They never teach you in SAFINCOS is it?

Provost Cpl. : Yes sir.

Cpt Goh. : You not bad. Tell you what, you can come half hour later from game starting and leave half hour earlier from game ending.

Provost Cpl : Thank you, sir!

---

Cpt. Goh : See? I handled that well.

RSM : Well done sir, no wonder you're captain!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cpt. Goh : Tonight you come do crowd control for a netball game?

Provost Cpl. : What netball game? NS only got guys. Netball only girls.

Cpt. Goh : Shuddup dah. Just obey orders. They never teach you in SAFINCOS is it?

Provost Cpl. : Yes sir.

Cpt Goh. : You not bad. Tell you what, you can come half hour later from game starting and leave half hour earlier from game ending.

Provost Cpl : Thank you, sir!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You seem to like Capt Goh....put in in DB, then you know! or get the provost to come after you... ha ha ha ha :p

tommy

Alfrescian
Loyal
YOG tickets sold twice?

YOG really messed up with the event - empty seats, forced volunteers etc but the issue of "YOG tickets sold twice" is flawed because if it is taken as right, the storekeepers, wholesalers are all guilty of selling the same item two, or three times.

Let's see, manufacturer sells items to wholesalers, wholesalers sell items to shop keepers, shopkeeper sell items to people.

So YOG sell tickets to MOE, MOE sell tickets to people, same as above. So it is not really selling twice.

But if MOE promise free tickets, that is a different thing altogether :biggrin: