• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

YOG Closing Ceremony speech !!!

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was tasked to write the YOG closing ceremony speech for our PM to present regardless of how the event went. Below is the draft with cue for him to wait for clappings and wild cheers in-between.

I am sure with the local talents here, the speech can finetune to be a resounding closing speech before I submit to my boss for approval, as usual, to his credit :
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My dear sportmen, sportwomen and visiting officials.

I and all my peasants,…..I meant ‘citizens’…. had great pleasure to host you for the last 2 weeks.

From your performance over the last few days, even though no records were broken, I can see you all are foreign talents that you are future world record breakers in the real Olympics Games. I certainly hope you will be one of my citizens in very near future, hopefully before the next Olympic Games.

I also like to thank the ENTIRE citizens of Singapore for their graciousness to give way to YOG buses and cars, bought up all the tickets in support of the YOG, and most of all, I like to thank GOD for the rains that enabled the YOG’s swimming, diving, canoeing, and other water sports to be hosted along Orchard Road with great success, bringing closer these sports to the spectators from Liat Towers to where Wendy restaurant is. < wait for claps and cheers>

I HEREBY DECLARED THE FIRST INAUGURAL YOG WAS A RESOUNDING SUCCESS !! < WAIT FOR CLAPPING AND MORE WILD CHEERS. RC MEMBERS TO COMMAND AUDIENCES TO STANDING OVATION>

I now proclaim the very first YOG, held in Singapore, closed. May the next idiot, opps, I meant the next country, will learn from our mistakes and vet all approval requests from your under-paid ministers to avoid grossly over-spent their approved budget. Good Luck ! wave hands wildly and wait for more claps and cheers, before walking away from podium.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last edited: