• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

YOG caterer acts on food

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is how our YOG committee & govt treat its own people, volunteers somemore, WHAT A SHAME! On the other hand, the foreign guests are treated with nutritious food as reported in the state media.

This is the result of not having the opportunity to vote???? :confused:

I do a lot of volunteering for my temple, and the food there is much better than the YOG's. May be the volunteers should switch camps to help out at my temple.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
5.5 millions contract for 7,000 athletes, officials and volunteers, that come up to a whopping $700+ for each person during these YOG period. This is worst than the old times army rice , which is consider bad. Well , so much for our first class hosting services .

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do a lot of volunteering for my temple, and the food there is much better than the YOG's. May be the volunteers should switch camps to help out at my temple.

Most temple foods are humble but humane, even abundant and delicious. For Buddhists and Taoists, much more worthwhile to volunteer at temples. In most cases, it's free food even if you just eat and don't volunteer anything. However, be humane too. Got money, donate money. Got energy, volunteer to help out something.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have to strongly reiterate again. This is ridiculous.

Can you imagine if no one post this picture, nothing will be done ? My God ...:(

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
For such a contract the meals would have been provided to the tenderer as part of the tender process. It is only standard practice to do so.

If the meals were not provided to the tenderer and yet this company received the award then something is definitely in the tender process - someone was not doing their job. The tenderer has to be taken to task.

If the meals were provided to the tenderer as part of the tender process and yet the meals were approved then the tenderer should be taken to task.

The meals provided is a major embarrassment to the country and an insult to Singaporeans.:oIo:

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all know it is actually a form of conscription and not real "volunteering" as such caterers have no obligation to provide anything decent. Especially since nobody gives a hoot about YOG were to find sponsors to provide anything decent? Even the fast food joints are staying clear! :biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The meals provided is a major embarrassment to the country and an insult to Singaporeans.:oIo:

The organisers know they can get away with it because the volunteers are singaporeans.

If the volunteers are made up of foreigners, YOG organisers will serve a 3 course meal.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The organisers know they can get away with it because the volunteers are singaporeans.

If the volunteers are made up of foreigners, YOG organisers will serve a 3 course meal.

Volunteer in Singlish and English have different meanings.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HALLO!!! IT IS SFI not TUNG LOK. The student volunteer now have first hand experience of what he will be eating when he begin is NS.
Ever since the renewal of SFI contract with the SAF, the food standard have been dropping with every year. When SFI first started doing catering to SAF in 1998, it was $7+ for lunch and dinner and $5+ for breakfast and $3+ for nite snack.
but i thinks after the 2003 SAR crisis, the renew contract had revisied the cost down. That the start of the horrible food again, in fact, during my last few ICTs, the men started grading the food as poor in the survey while they scan their ID before each meal. That throw the SFI into a panic and pressure the S4 which nobody give a shit. In fact many a time the SFI guy stand beside the survey machine to see who grade the food poor and got into a arguement with the troops who dont share his high opinion of food from SFI. Somehow it only in reservists that the troops dare to challange the authorities which they dont even dream of during NSF.
A bit surprise SFI is using plastic meal box which are non biodegradable when SAF had been using cardboard biodegradable meal boxes for ages.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What bio or cardboard boxes? I thought SAF and SPF use mess trays and mess tins, aluminium.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dunno abt SPF but out ration for SAF use those biodegradeable meal box.

so can i assume u have not serve NS or ROD long time ago?:rolleyes:

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a good move to provide this kind of food to the volunteers. That way, next time round no food will be provided, since no food is better than bad food, thus forcing volunteers to provide their own meals. Of course there may be some grumbling, but in the end they will still be more than enough volunteers and much money would have been saved to spend on other areas.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone must have pocket the money. Total cost of the food will be less than 50cents.
Container cost about-5 cent
Rice - 5 cent
Vege/long been- 2 cent
Fish nugget- 20 cent
Labour,electricity,gas - 20 cent
Bottle/new water drink 20 cent
Small slice of fruit- 20 cent
Total cost less than 67 cents but the food vendor charge at least $5/head/meal
Where another $4.33 missing?
Let say profit $1
Another $3.33 is missing- someone must have pocket the money or pay undertable money for the contract.
No wonder over budget more than 3 times.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all know it is actually a form of conscription and not real "volunteering" as such caterers have no obligation to provide anything decent. Especially since nobody gives a hoot about YOG were to find sponsors to provide anything decent? Even the fast food joints are staying clear! :biggrin:

Those fast food joint are staying away because they know they will benefit with these type of shity food served indirectly

Anyone notice the volume of NSF boys at lunch/dinner time at Marina Square. McDonald is the ultimate winner ever since the rehearsal started for NDP & YOG.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ST_17116311.jpg

last time tekong cookhouse served me old saggy yellow veg with stones n nails plus chicken patti so tough n hard i broke my molar.
went to see dental MO for extraction kana charged for chow keng.
awarded 2 weekends burnt plus guard duties.:mad:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You all don't anyhow say. I ate both police academy and army cookhouse foods before. Drumsticks, wings, meats, veggies, eggs, eat until you happy. Those were cookhouse days, not even SFI catering yet. Not 5-star culinary delicious standards of course, but plentiful, palatable and nutritious. If not for the training, one most likely to grow fat with those foods. The YOG foods are a disgrace. I think Japanese WW2 POW camps served better.

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
Esp when Minister & his cronies are paid so much salaries!!! Why no spefication relating to meal tender? You mean serve lice, cow grass and cockroach oso can??? Sounds like "catch me if you can" or "tell me if things go wrong"....... or the now infamous: NO amount of engineering can solve flooding!!!!!!!!

No point having what tender specification lah... Its either SFI or NTUC Foodfare... Still end up left pocket or right pocket...