• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

YOG caterer acts on food

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You all don't anyhow say. I ate both police academy and army cookhouse foods before. Drumsticks, wings, meats, veggies, eggs, eat until you happy. Those were cookhouse days, not even SFI catering yet. Not 5-star culinary delicious standards of course, but plentiful, palatable and nutritious. If not for the training, one most likely to grow fat with those foods. The YOG foods are a disgrace. I think Japanese WW2 POW camps served better.

What are you talking about?, you haven't eaten cookhouse veggies that have sand in them plus caterpillars, you not only get greens, you get protein, fibre & stone for your digestive system. The bread was made courtesy of Changi Hilton, throw on the floor, it bounces, plus the maargarine is one big gloob...like the glub monster..never mind about the butter or the kaya...

If not for the food, we won't be so healthy today...:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What are you talking about?, you haven't eaten cookhouse veggies that have sand in them plus caterpillars, you not only get greens, you get protein, fibre & stone for your digestive system. The bread was made courtesy of Changi Hilton, throw on the floor, it bounces, plus the maargarine is one big gloob...like the glub monster..never mind about the butter or the kaya...

Exactly, nutritious. :biggrin:

By the way, I didn't eat in cookhouse for NS recruits. Me police regular. Eat in Police Academy Mess and when visit army camps (e.g. arresting idiot AWOLs to handover to Provost), eat in Officers' Mess.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

By the way, I didn't eat in cookhouse for NS recruits. Me police regular. Eat in Police Academy Mess and when visit army camps (e.g. arresting idiot AWOLs to handover to Provost), eat in Officers' Mess.

hello, eating in officer mess mean u are paying for the meal yourself, so how to compare with SFI produced meal. For your info, in SAF, the CO eat almost the same stuff as the men in the cookhouse abit with one or two extra dishes that the SFI caterer prepare seperately. Only during the cookhouse days that the officers ate different from the men as the chief cook will whip up different food for them.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

men, those were the days, bread that can be use as sandpaper. colour water really mean colour only, no taste at all. Somemore only tuesday and thursday got color water. Try feeding the cookhouse food to the stray dogs in camp, one sniff and they ran off. So like the stomper wrote, even the stray dogs wont eat the food.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eeek!!!! the long piece of charcoal, is that a "green long bean". I rather throw it away and spend some money eating at nearby shop but will volunteers be allowed to leave their place of duty to go for more decent food instead? Afterall they are doing "charitable work" to make vivian's look good on the surface and thus should have the freedom to do what they deemed best as their basic welfare rights.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST_17116311.jpg

Carcinogenic deep fried fish ! WTF man !

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

TCHL....aka 'teochew hao lian'...I have eaten mess food also, but for lesser mortal like me, I have to eat food that is almost comparable to swill, cooked by 'hokkien peng cooks' with tatoos & swear that makes any sailor blushes. Someday, they use their used socks to filter the coffee & tea...you will never walk alone later....for many like you will run for jamban...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
men, those were the days, bread that can be use as sandpaper. colour water really mean colour only, no taste at all. Somemore only tuesday and thursday got color water. Try feeding the cookhouse food to the stray dogs in camp, one sniff and they ran off. So like the stomper wrote, even the stray dogs wont eat the food.

We were the corraled dogs, that were kept behind barbed wires & armed guards...have to eat whatever thrown at us..except sometime we have the privilege to eat at the canteen..

Thanks to the healthy SAF food, we are so healthy today...the rest of you, are wimps... ha ha ha ha:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Was told by someone who was with the "S" branch, that they have o do standoff with those villagers protecting onr of the residents son, who refuses to do National Service!....did you ecnounter any of these? armed villagers?

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
I reckon that the quality of the cookhouse food is dependent on the quality of the cooks plus how many people they are serving.

Last time my cookhouse food was not bad except for some days. The veggies always sucks though. Camp wasn't that big. Some of the cooks also looks quite pro and serious in preparing the food. On certain days when they are in the mood or on special occasions, they will be prepare some special dishes

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I reckon that the quality of the cookhouse food is dependent on the quality of the cooks plus how many people they are serving.

Last time my cookhouse food was not bad except for some days. The veggies always sucks though. Camp wasn't that big. Some of the cooks also looks quite pro and serious in preparing the food. On certain days when they are in the mood or on special occasions, they will be prepare some special dishes

This I have to agree, I did have EXTRAORDINARY cook house food for a short period of time, prawns, crab meat, premium meats & vegetables; for we had an EXTREMELY, EXTRAORDINARY 'putih horse' as a CO of of one the unit...other than that...the food one step before swill..

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TCHL....aka 'teochew hao lian'...I have eaten mess food also, but for lesser mortal like me, I have to eat food that is almost comparable to swill, cooked by 'hokkien peng cooks' with tatoos & swear that makes any sailor blushes. Someday, they use their used socks to filter the coffee & tea...you will never walk alone later....for many like you will run for jamban...

Now it moved to TraCom, I'm not so sure but in those days, Police Academy Mess cooks were teams headed by two regular staff sergeants (one Chinese and one Malay). Ranks up to Superintendents ate there. Never heard anyone complained. One shortcoming though was no cheap duty-free beer as in Army Officers' Mess.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now it moved to TraCom, I'm not so sure but in those days, Police Academy Mess cooks were teams headed by two regular staff sergeants (one Chinese and one Malay). Ranks up to Superintendents ate there. Never heard anyone complained. One shortcoming though was no cheap duty-free beer as in Army Officers' Mess.

I have eaten at PA, Thomson Rd., been in there many times, one of my childhood friend father was a.....there!, nearly took up Judo there too, was about to sign up, when one of my other friend broke his hand..hmmm parents OBJECTED...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was told by someone who was with the "S" branch, that they have o do standoff with those villagers protecting onr of the residents son, who refuses to do National Service!....did you ecnounter any of these? armed villagers?

Usually, Army Provost do the job of raiding and arresting idiot AWOLs. If Police have reports or tip-offs on such cases, we pass to them first. Sometimes they also do call for Police assistance, like what you mentioned, mass civilian idiots harboring idiot AWOLs. Idiots harboring and aiding escape of idiot AWOLs, I've come across, but not armed resistance. I did hear it happened before in some other divisions.

Sometimes, on routine patrols, Police also do come cross spotchecking idiots wanted for AWOL and have to arrest them, then handover to Army Provost. They said thank you, and we go Mess together drink cheap duty-free beer. :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Usually, Army Provost do the job of raiding and arresting idiot AWOLs. If Police have reports or tip-offs on such cases, we pass to them first. Sometimes they also do call for Police assistance, like what you mentioned, mass civilian idiots harboring idiot AWOLs. Idiots harboring and aiding escape of idiot AWOLs, I've come across, but not armed resistance. I did hear it happened before in some other divisions.

Sometimes, on routine patrols, Police also do come cross spotchecking idiots wanted for AWOL and have to arrest them, then handover to Army Provost. They said thank you, and we go Mess together drink cheap duty-free beer. :biggrin:

Luckily I never went AWOL..or else I would have met you somewhere...:biggrin: who knows I may have even met you at PA...back in those days, security wasn't that tight, a section of naked banglas would have walked pass the sentry, who wouldn't even bat an eye.... ha ha ha ha

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Luckily I never went AWOL..or else I would have met you somewhere...:biggrin: who knows I may have even met you at PA...back in those days, security wasn't that tight, a section of naked banglas would have walked pass the sentry, who wouldn't even bat an eye.... ha ha ha ha

I'm sure you're not so idiot as to go AWOL. Just finish the 2 years and off you go, simple as that. Frankly, I signed 5 years becuase I needed the full salary. The old PA was very easy for PNSF to AWOL bypassing guardhouse sentry from their barracks at the mouth of Onraet Road facing PIE. (Interestingly, the other end of Onraet Road was ISD detention barracks, recently (in)famous for the Mas Selamat Kastari escape of course.)

Though NS police recruits AWOL was usually meant as authorised night out only. On nights without training duties, they quietly picked the fence lock and went out for fun, then come back quietly to sleep and pretended nothing ever happened. Regulars never AWOL of course, but we were aware of what they were doing. We closed both eyes and sleep, pretended hear no evil, see no evil also. After all, we needed NS police assistance also. :biggrin: