• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yaw Shin Leong rumoured to be in Vietnam; considers appeal.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is an overwhelming testament that YSL would not be swayed by any monetary offers to turn sides and do WP in.

PAP will not pay this kind of money. For what? Allow WP to score more points if they start fighting with YSL? And what if such secrets exposed years later?

By that you're saying Chee is paid for his split with Chiam? Ling How Doong and Cheo Chai Chen were never paid to pyro Chiam in Parliament.

If I wanted I might as well pay LTK and Sylvia one million each to do in WP.

Last edited:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP will not pay this kind of money. For what? Allow WP to score more points if they start fighting with YSL? And what if such secrets exposed years later?

It is completely untrue that the PAP will not pay. Also the PAP are not the only people with a big war chest who would like to see WP fail. For example, somebody somehow manage to ante up a million dollars to set up a think tank just opposite the Istana.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is completely untrue that the PAP will not pay. Also the PAP are not the only people with a big war chest who would like to see WP fail.

Yes, they will pay for their ministers, property and parties for their members to do business networks. WP cannot be failed simply because you attempt to bribe people inside. That's lousy strategy. Republicans never did it to Democrats. Labour never did it to Conservatives.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I wanted I might as well pay LTK and Sylvia one million each to do in WP.

Complete destruction of an opposition party may not be the cardinal objective. Better to allow for co-existence but be completely in control of what is happening inside.

It's continued existence serves another purpose. It is able to entice anti-establishment chaps and once in, control is in place. Easier to monitor these chaps when they are in compared to them running all over.

callmebad

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happened to YSL is very unlucky both for himself and WP. Just ask ourselves, each of us, if we live up till certain age, who will not have a history? Most likely, some of these pasts may not be so glorious and which we hope to forget about them. If we keep digging up about other people's pasts, I can be quite sure, a lot of people up there will not be suitable to be MP or ministers. What is most important is how did YSL's wife feel about it ? If this is something that happened very long time ago and YSL's wife has already forgiven him, why must we be so harsh on him?

Having said that, my gut feel is YSL is unlikely to contest his expulsion decision. Let's hope he will be able to do something to feed his family, whether it is in Vietnam or Africa, or somewhere else.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Complete destruction of an opposition party may not be the cardinal objective. Better to allow for co-existence but be completely in control of what is happening inside.

It's continued existence serves another purpose. It is able to entice anti-establishment chaps and once in, control is in place. Easier to monitor these chaps when they are in compared to them running all over.

What the PAP wants is very simple. The PAP wants a strong opposition, but a strong opposition they can defeat.

To have an opposition always languishing state does nothing to their face when they are trounced and trashed, it only serves to tell people that this is a country where people dare not step forward. To have a stronger opponent means risk of being thrown out of power, so you control the institutions first. What they want isn't easy to achieve, you may even say it is a paradox, but it drives itself to perform as well.

If YSL could be bribed, he will come back for more. No political party grows by simply bribing their opponents. It's a bottomless pit.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You think too highly of it. The chap was hinting that I had something to do with YSL matter so subtlely that no one noticed and when no one was else was even bothered with the question. When I realised, I pointed that these factors meant it itself was the true culprit, guess what? The accusations against me stopped. Something not right. Given that it is most gleeful, you think it'll bother with whoever is throwing stones?

First, GMS posted vague comments in this forum that something was brewing in WP. Shortly thereafter, the scandal broke, and he went on a rampage like a drunkard at a brewery. Now after YSL is gone, he started to point fingers at what he claims (or imagines) to be people who succeeded in some giant conspiracy to unseat a WP MP.

Either GMS is schitzo, mad, or has an agenda against WP. Most likely a combination of all 3.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What the PAP wants is very simple. The PAP wants a strong opposition, but a strong opposition they can defeat.....
I think "defeat" is not accurate enough. It should be "manipulate". How it was done, I believed quite a number in this forum already knew.