• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

yahoo video: what is CNY? Fellow Singaporeans this is CNY!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://tw.video.news.yahoo.com/video/lifestyle-19458046/24112066

6th Day of CNY, textile shop in Taiwan opened with 1.68km of firecrackers. This is liveliness, this is atmosphere, this is the REAL CNY!

There is no CNY in SGP!:(

The way they had set fuse, all 1.68km of firecrackers ignited within 15 secs. Spectacular!

famiLEE LEEgime bans common peasants from firecrackers and yet in past years they let old dog thief LKy lid firecrackers at Chinatown CNY market! The the heaven sent down rain, and firecrackers was so unsuccessful indicating Ass Luck for LEEgime. :wink:

Last edited:

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
sg also used to have firecrackers until many homes kana caught fire then ordered to STOP! :biggrin:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
sg also used to have firecrackers until many homes kana caught fire then ordered to STOP! :biggrin:

Good reason!

So many traffic accidents and vehicles hit vehicles, vehicles hit human, die here injured there, damages and blood EVERYDAY. Why don't ban vehicles? :confused::rolleyes:

Peasants jumped MRT & died, why don't ban MRT? :eek:

In every other country fire & injury and even death occurred yearly, either CNY or NY or whatever celebrations, resulted from fireworks and firecrackers, no ban. Philippine taped matas gun barrels so that mata guns cannot be abused to celebrate NY, why? because they always shoot into the air to celebrate. Why they not ban mata's guns?:confused::eek::cool:

Deaths injuries and fire happens all the time, this are accepted fact of life. In all the larger countries including Malaysia, during CNY and HariRaya large number of people used vehicles to travel for holiday visiting and resulted in high numbers of road accidents and deaths, this is also accepted facts for the seasons. They never ban vehicles nor roads uses to prevent these accidents and deaths and injuries.

So the logic failed right here.

If SAF could find ways to have live firing of guns and artillery on this island, why need to ban firecrackers?:rolleyes::rolleyes: Just outline the safety zones and allow sales and consumptions only within the designated areas.

NDP can have fireworks why CNY can not?
:confused:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
now they want Thaipusam to be celebrated in SILENT MODE.
Next ? Lion Dance in Vibration Mode ? :eek:

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good reason!

So many traffic accidents and vehicles hit vehicles, vehicles hit human, die here injured there, damages and blood EVERYDAY. Why don't ban vehicles? :confused::rolleyes:

In every other country fire & injury and even death occurred yearly, either CNY or NY or whatever celebrations, resulted from fireworks and firecrackers, no ban. Philippine taped matas gun barrels so that mata guns cannot be abused to celebrate NY, why? because they always shoot into the air to celebrate. Why they not ban mata's guns?:confused::eek::cool:

Deaths injuries and fire happens all the time, this are accepted fact of life. In all the larger countries including Malaysia, during CNY and HariRaya large number of people used vehicles to travel for holiday visiting and resulted in high numbers of road accidents and deaths, this is also accepted facts for the seasons. They never ban vehicles nor roads uses to prevent these accidents and deaths and injuries.

If SAF could find ways to have live firing of guns and artillery on this island, why need to ban firecrackers?:rolleyes::rolleyes: Just outline the safety zones and allow sales and consumptions only within the designated areas.

wahlaneh...
all these incidents happened but govt hasn't ordered stop yet so carry on lor.:biggrin:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
UncleYap, ask you law question. The cannot play music and make sound for religious thing? Does that mean also that church cannot ring bell for new year, christmas etc?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Good reason!

I quite luck Singaporean living in Bangkok and been playing with fire crackers everyday. A box of 500 pcs cost only 150 baht (about $6 only). Damn fun man. (by the way it is illegal and banned here too but thisi s Chinese New Year so police close 2 eyes and ears too)

Phua-Pak PAP go Si-Bai-Bor-Phua-Pak la.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I quite luck Singaporean living in Bangkok and been playing with fire crackers everyday. A box of 500 pcs cost only 150 baht (about $6 only). Damn fun man. (by the way it is illegal and banned here too but thisi s Chinese New Year so police close 2 eyes and ears too)

Yaowarat u meant? So the police become Phra Pitda?:biggrin:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah Piang! Don't test my Thai language I won't pass! :p:p

I can say Sawa Di Kap - and that's all.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wah Piang! Don't test my Thai language I won't pass! :p:p

I can say Sawa Di Kap - and that's all.

uncleyap:

I was speaking hokkien: Phua-Pak PAP go Si-Bai-Bor-Phua-Pak la = 破肚 PAP 去SGH破肚

(sorry la my chinese is very bad I think you know what I mean by the above, its just CNY wishes for 死不了的老李 and gang) ki-phua-pak ah.