• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WTF! WP Accepts 2 NCMP Posts. Self Serving Memeber QUITS! LOL!!!

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of our SAF scholars are just that. They do well in school, learn to be obedient in SAF (where their records can be tracked) and then they become ministers. CSM has all the education but he made it in the real world. To survive in the cut and trust of corporate world especially in the Chinese market (lots of back room deals) makes him a much more effective person than just an SAF general.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wasn't Silvia an NCMP?

So what talking you? I think WP is against GRC and NCMP idea. What LTK said was that if he lost he would not take up position as NCMP. That is entirely within his right.

But since ruling party wants to continue GRC then of course WP should take all seats it is entitled. The more MP and NCMP they have in parliament, they more they can talk about issue - because the MPs can keep bring it up. So if they have 5 MP and 2 NCMP, they can bring up the matter 7 times and use their alotted time to put togther the whole message.

At end of day, citizens wants more voice in parliament. Unfortunate that Lina Chiam is NCMP because she may not be quick enough for the parliamental debate. But then that is the way the rules were going in.

Pretty happy that we now have CSM, Silvia and Singh in parliament. 3 lawyers and they appear to speak well.

MM has always spoken about bilingual. I think CSM is fluent in both Mandarin and English and that will serve him well.

Yes but a true "first World Parliament" should not have nonsense like NCMPs or NMPs. And a party chief that was harping about not liking it should not go back on his word. Bet you the PAP will bring that up.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
And wad can they get out of that? Name recognition? The electorate votes for familiarity, and if last week's results are any indication, candidates with a mixture of youth and experience are popular with the electorate. I am not trivializing Eric Tan's experience as a politician, but precisely because Eric is already an established personality in opposition politics, his ascension to the NCMP post will not reap as much benefits for the party as having an up and coming individual like Gerald Giam taking the seat if you look at it from the bigger picture. Is it better to have Eric the NCMP playing Atlas next GE and single handedly helm the East Coast GRC Team, or will it have been better to have an old hand like Eric to be part of a team together with Gerald Giam who will have attained greater name recognition by then? Sadly, Eric has chosen his course, but sticking with Gerald Giam is still the right thing to do because he together with Yaw Shin Leong, Glenda Han and Pritam Singh represent the future of the party; the four which will face down PAPs 4th generational leadership. For those who feel sorry for Eric Tan (I am not saying it is unjustified), think about these considerations before u lambast the WP CEC for making the decision they did.

That is proper First World Parliament. Not having nonsense liek NCMP. Do you see the losing MPs in Australia or the UK wanting to take up seats in parliament?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of our SAF scholars are just that. They do well in school, learn to be obedient in SAF (where their records can be tracked) and then they become ministers. CSM has all the education but he made it in the real world. To survive in the cut and trust of corporate world especially in the Chinese market (lots of back room deals) makes him a much more effective person than just an SAF general.

"Most" I know some who aren't like that/.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very True

Especially in China

I wonder if the PRC communist party is funding WP?

davetan3

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will reserve my opinion on CSM until he has a track record in SG as a politician. Until now, we hear complaints about PRC comming to SG to get SG citizenship as a stepping stone to jobs in the US. CSM followed that trend 30 years ago, we should remember that Taiwan 30 years ago was under Martial Law.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will reserve my opinion on CSM until he has a track record in SG as a politician. Until now, we hear complaints about PRC comming to SG to get SG citizenship as a stepping stone to jobs in the US. CSM followed that trend 30 years ago, we should remember that Taiwan 30 years ago was under Martial Law.

Unlike PRCs, CSM can speak proper English.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ultimately he wants the NCMP post to go.. Yet he santched it.

i hate to fuck people, but i have to fuck you! FUCK YOU LAH!!! :oIo::oIo::oIo:

WP are against NCMP, if they are in power. they will abolish it. they have no rules to bar members from becoming NCMP.

WP members taking up NCMP are not against LTK stand because HE as individual will not take it up! but other candidates from WP will want to take it up, why not??? WP will not stop them and it is better this way compare to your pap master. at least they allow different voice in the party than pap.

all mps from pap are puppets and cannot vote or speak against the party in the pariahment when they want to pass through policies and bills. thats why they are so efficient in screwing us because they are passing policies to screw us in lightning manner with no objection from the pap mps. they are not allow to or have to face the party whip!!!

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
University grads in Shanghai and Beijing speak better English than the average Sinkie grad.

Not true, not yet anyway.

Some of their top graduates still can't speak a word of English. Then again, maybe they won't need to. Come 2050, it'll be people in the US trying to speak Chinese.

davetan3

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember the interview by CSM about why he "snubbed" George Yeo.
He said he had arranged with his Singapore friends to go out for night snack.

Think he is out of touch. Nobody uses that phrase in SG, now or 30 years ago. Only in NS.

University grads in Shanghai and Beijing speak better English than the average Sinkie grad.

jw5

Loyal
I remember the interview by CSM about why he "snubbed" George Yeo.
He said he had arranged with his Singapore friends to go out for night snack.

Think he is out of touch. Nobody uses that phrase in SG, now or 30 years ago. Only in NS.

Perhaps MG (Ret) Chan and BG (Ret) Tan also use that phrase. :o
In some ways, the 2 and CSM are similar, they are caught in a singkie timewarp. :biggrin: