• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP totally MIA at toh chin chye funeral?

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP must be the most watched party around. Either popular or hated.

It doesn't need to screw up major lives like PAP or fight like RP/SPP to create discussion. Just one event don't attend, there will be hordes of threads.

Beforen win GRC, already kena whack. After win GRC, whack even more.

Get use to ti.

Its when ppl dun bother to whack u that then u need to worry. It just mean u r nolonger a factor.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'd ignore such comment as WP not attending any PAP funeral but your comment is right, WP is now the most watched party, especially to its detractors since it has the most seats in Parliament after PAP, no matter how few, still second and those are seats that its detractors want, especially disgruntled detractors.

If WP didn't officially attended the TCC funeral, they'd question why disrespect for a PAP old guard who supposedly dared to challenge LKY and PAP. If WP officially attended, they'd question WP intention and motivation, is it a PAP approved opposition? How come nobody question about SPP, NSP and SDP?

We are now on page 2, and the discussions are still on the topic! Amazing.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
With WP now deeply embroiled in scandal (or rather a small little unproven rumour), the members have to bow down their heads and hide from public view.

Not true, i just met one of the Aljunied MPs last week. I was going to meet another one on the same night but schedule clash

sir cum-a-lot

Alfrescian
Loyal
respect is from the heart, not in the tears nor fanciful eulogy written by non-family members.

there may not be any reporting, but i've reason to believe that different political characters may have attended to pay respects to the late Dr Toh in their personal capacity.

i don't see y there's any need to kick up fuss for attendance at funerals of ex-statesmen/women.

if attendance is all that important, might as well impliment scanning of IC & giro deduction of pek-kim via CPF??

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't see why WP should be MIA either. I mean if they really feel TCC contributed to Singapore's growth, it's just showing respect for the man to turn up for his funeral.

Now I'm wondering if WP would turn up when it's the other old guard's funeral.

This isn't MIA or AWOL. Where's the dutiable action and obligation involved? There Why should WP turn up for PAP old guard? Indeed if they do, I suspect they'll be accused of being PAP-approved opposition to no end.

if attendance is all that important, might as well impliment scanning of IC & giro deduction of pek-kim via CPF??

How about Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diners Club?