• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP Rally: The Crowds Love Mao's Accent

jw5

Loyal
I was at WP's first rally, and then I was at the May 2 Rally at Kallang. The difference between CSM's speeches during the first rally and today's rally was quite great. He has clearly grown as a politician, and senses the crowd a lot better. This resulted in greatly improved pacing and diction. I noticed this growth in Sylvia five years ago, too.

Which really brings me to the point of my post - these opposition candidates can grow as politicians in the course of 10 days of hustings, and cost us no money. To teach the likes of Salah and Kiqiu, we spend at least $15k a month, or probably much, much more.

Who is cheaper, faster, better?

Agree about Sylvia. She is now an excellent rally speaker, knows how to manage the audience very well. Sarcastic smile on her face, very relaxed.

Dunno who is cheaper, faster, betterest, but I know who is stupidest. :biggrin:

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
more n MORE aljunied pple got fedup aft oldfart saying they have 2 repent if they vote wp.

actuallee , oldfart has done chen sm a great favor.

even d malays r rooting 4 wp...... they still remember how they been accused in d "HARD TRUTH"

Since your ancestors are from ROC as you claimed, you should like CSM right? :biggrin:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
mao was damn funny today when he explain why he gave his speech first in english then in chinese. to shut someone mouth up, if not they want to send him back to china HAHHAHAHAHA

jw5

Loyal
more n MORE aljunied pple got fedup aft oldfart saying they have 2 repent if they vote wp.

actuallee , oldfart has done chen sm a great favor.

even d malays r rooting 4 wp...... they still remember how they been accused in d "HARD TRUTH"

Oldman was quoted as saying that he would be "very sad" if pap lost malay votes because of what he said in the book.
Hahaha. Oldman "very sad". I think first time hear that. Belly happy. :biggrin:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
mao was damn funny today when he explain why he gave his speech first in english then in chinese. to shut someone mouth up, if not they want to send him back to china HAHHAHAHAHA

In my opinion, CSM speaks both english and mandarin like a singaporean.
The main reason is because he spent most of his teenage years here, which is when people get most influenced.
He probably can't remember as much about his years in Taiwan, and for him, being in China was for work, as it also was for some of us here.
His parents and he live in a hdb flat in SG, he takes the mrt (and not taxis or hired car) when in SG.
How singaporean is that? It's probably more than most of the pappies and other "elites".

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha...you happy can liao!

no i mean seriously, i was there today and his speech was fresh in my mind.

which part are you referring to when you say his speech was too chim and out of touch with the audience

today he gave 2, 1 in english and 1 in chinese but both the contents are the same.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
You forgot - If you don't vote for us no upgrading

This man has substance lah. He is not going to lower down his standard so that people will find his speech less chim. For those who want it simple, can try to attend PAP rally.

Very simple messages
1) look at our track records;
2) opposition got no talent;
3) opposition got unknown motives;
4) without PAP, Singapore will have no future.

Easier to grasp I suppose.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP supporters are so used to Skolars who are good in academics and yet with zero EQ. Hence expected CSM to be the same. This is why I asked about pap dog's sources. I knew he was making things up straight away. Please lah, CSM is not just academically smart but sharp as a knife.

Take MRT despite being a top global lawyer, the way he phrases his words, this is not a simple man ok.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what i heard from a few who attended previous WP rallies.

He might have worked on his delivery & content, to be less reticent & connect better with the crowd.

no i mean seriously, i was there today and his speech was fresh in my mind.

which part are you referring to when you say his speech was too chim and out of touch with the audience

today he gave 2, 1 in english and 1 in chinese but both the contents are the same.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what i heard from a few who attended previous WP rallies.

He might have worked on his delivery & content, to be less reticent & connect better with the crowd.

i think the intellectual standard of your friend should not be too high then. don't trust his words too much in the future seriously. his speech was so straight forward and down to the ground.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree about Sylvia. She is now an excellent rally speaker, knows how to manage the audience very well. Sarcastic smile on her face, very relaxed.

Dunno who is cheaper, faster, betterest, but I know who is stupidest. :biggrin:

Pritam Singh and VW both doing very well too.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chen's English and Chinese sound immaculate and pleasant. It's not an accent. It's the way these languages are intended to be spoken. Singaporeans sound learn from him. He's neither fiery nor angry. It's the way civil rallies should be delivered.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chen show mao's english speech.
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F3J2yVMUjOA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

still looking for the mandarin one.