• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP humble despite victory

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i had supporting wp since the 2006 election

And in 2011, WP proved you wrong, in 2012 Hougang WP proved you wrong again and in 2013 Punggol East WP proved you wrong again. And we get this quite clear, that WP knows the ground better than you.

full of hope, passion during the time, attebd all rally, knnwayang low talk shiok shiok ask peasant send them to parliment to get their voice hear legally, after sending them to parliament . counting the fat paycheqayue balls squees and start defend the master! pui!!!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Joo Chiat must go. Too many Deputy Speakers in Singapore.

My gut feeling is that the PM will give Charles the marching orders in 2016 and replace him with a newbie candidate if Joo Chiat is not absorbed into a GRC..

PAP will give the usual press statement that Charles Chong has decided to retire from politics after serving the PAP and Joo Chiat residents with distinction..:rolleyes:

擒贼先擒王!take down AMK GRC!

And Tanjong Pagar too..

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
PAP will give the usual press statement that Charles Chong has decided to retire from politics after serving the PAP and Joo Chiat residents with distinction..:rolleyes:

And Tanjong Pagar too..

higher mortal wasn't keen to continue since GE11 if me recalled correctly. as of Tanjong Pagar, don't think old man can stand properly without assistance by the next GE.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My gut feeling is that the PM will give Charles the marching orders in 2016 and replace him with a newbie candidate if Joo Chiat is not absorbed into a GRC..

And Tanjong Pagar too..

Tuayapeh says no more joo chiat by next election but which sway GRC will have to swallow the unhappy voters of joo chiat??

hope it will be kallang moulmein or marine parade grc, then their ship sure sink.....

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tuayapeh says no more joo chiat by next election but which sway GRC will have to swallow the unhappy voters of joo chiat??

hope it will be kallang moulmein or marine parade grc, then their ship sure sink.....

Tuayapeh, do all of us a favor, can you go to Oxley Rd and do your job? :biggrin:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's Rite

fuck wp. oppositions should oppose for the sake of opposing. if pap did something good. wp can just keep quiet. praise pap for what ? pap success mean wp failure. that is why wp is not the government.

if the roles are reserved. i want pap to totally oppose the wp, left, right and center.

PAP can't be bothered with WP as long as they sing along to their tunes in the parliament. Many Sinkies thought that WP is really an opposition party. It is a porlumpar party or Wayang Party. Might as well merge, rite ? :mad:

When that fat woman wins the election, were there people shouting Huat Chai ? Rite, she's 16k richer now. But, what are they going to do in the parliament ? According to RP man who is an economist, he said that WP lacks a person who can attack PAP flawed economic strategy and policies. If this is true, then WP will be sitting and warming their seats till 2030 ?

LTKforgottoask.jpg

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
Agree.. East Coast GRC will be ripe for the picking comes 2016.. I'm sure GG will be the appointed team leader for WP East Coast team.. All they need is to recruit a good capable professional from the Minority to hook up the Malay votes in Bedok..

I don't think GG should be team leader - should hook CSM over to anchor East Coast. You need a more mature, professionally successful candidate to woo some of the upper middle class. No big fish from PAP will dare anchor Aljunied (and lose their $$$$$ salary) so it is easily won anyway.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think GG should be team leader - should hook CSM over to anchor East Coast. You need a more mature, professionally successful candidate to woo some of the upper middle class. No big fish from PAP will dare anchor Aljunied (and lose their $$$$$ salary) so it is easily won anyway.

And let CSM have the risk of losing his seat?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

CSM should stay in Aljunied

curse044

Alfrescian
Loyal
Patience is the key word in Singapore politics. Nothing will ever come from rash acts. In the long history of Singapore politics, just see how many wannabe parties have fallen by the wayside due to impatience, idiotic policies, internal strifes, moronic leaders only concerned with short term results,...

To publicly debunk the gahment of the day will earn you the wrath of many and will not get you anywhere. Bide your time and wait for the opportunity to strike. In the meantime, stay humble, focused... take a leaf out of Sun Tzu's book of strategy.

Well said. See what happen to CSJ n most recent case KJ. What a miserable nos of votes!
Oppose PAP for the sake of opposing? If PAP states gonna gave ROD personnel $10K as gratitude, WP must object too?
If PAP U-turn their 6.9mil, WP must oppose too?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said. See what happen to CSJ n most recent case KJ. What a miserable nos of votes!
Oppose PAP for the sake of opposing? If PAP states gonna gave ROD personnel $10K as gratitude, WP must object too?
If PAP U-turn their 6.9mil, WP must oppose too?

Exactly, either you become the Tea Party in the US or you dont

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
.........talking about strategy.......... 远水救不了近火.

In the not so long history of Singapore politics, the first batch of MIW were not trail and test........but they work in earnest. But from WP statement, it implies there won't be much in the near future anyway and voters shouldn't be expecting much, since they are not ready....

Seems that all the voters have is to spite MIW by voting WP, that's about it. Wake up next day...........different day, same shit.

Anyway, 20years down the road, who knows what will happen to all the political parties, but sure as hell, the demographics will have changed, native sinkies just fade away.....and leave the fruits to the opportunist and wolves.........nothing much for their future generations and children.

I end here, no point discussing further for each has his/her own opinion and agenda.

Patience is the key word in Singapore politics. Nothing will ever come from rash acts. In the long history of Singapore politics, just see how many wannabe parties have fallen by the wayside due to impatience, idiotic policies, internal strifes, moronic leaders only concerned with short term results,...

To publicly debunk the gahment of the day will earn you the wrath of many and will not get you anywhere. Bide your time and wait for the opportunity to strike. In the meantime, stay humble, focused... take a leaf out of Sun Tzu's book of strategy.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
.........talking about strategy.......... 远水救不了近火.

In the not so long history of Singapore politics, the first batch of MIW were not trail and test........but they work in earnest. But from WP statement, it implies there won't be much in the near future anyway and voters shouldn't be expecting much, since they are not ready....

Seems that all the voters have is to spite MIW by voting WP, that's about it. Wake up next day...........different day, same shit.

Anyway, 20years down the road, who knows what will happen to all the political parties, but sure as hell, the demographics will have changed, native sinkies just fade away.....and leave the fruits to the opportunist and wolves.........nothing much for their future generations and children.

I end here, no point discussing further for each has his/her own opinion and agenda.

It's ok to be frank. It's the PAP who has never been frank to the people.

AhFook

Alfrescian
Loyal
well said, with wp type of opposition, sinkies will be forever screwed by the pappies. it takes courage to face off with the pappies and apparently low and gang are pretty short in this department.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
well said, with wp type of opposition, sinkies will be forever screwed by the pappies. it takes courage to face off with the pappies and apparently low and gang are pretty short in this department.

ah fook, try csj style and you'll get all 87 pap happy?

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Fights don't get you anywhere. WP is smart to stabilise themselves first before going for the kill. And I do agree with Low that you don't oppose for the sake of opposing.

BlueBrother

Alfrescian
Loyal
fuck wp. oppositions should oppose for the sake of opposing. if pap did something good. wp can just keep quiet. praise pap for what ? pap success mean wp failure. that is why wp is not the government.

if the roles are reserved. i want pap to totally oppose the wp, left, right and center.

WP is still a very small party and there is no way they can go head to head with PAP. WP only have sticks where PAP has a full arsenal with heavy artillery. 1st thing 1st. WP still do not have much experience taking care of their constituents. They should focus on their ward, build up the capabilities to do a good job in managing their ward effectively and efficiently. They may even need to develop their own I.T. system. Make sure that the people living in their ward are happy and comfortable. If they lose focus taking care of their ward, they risk losing their seats in the next election. If the rubbish are not cleared and utilities doesn't work well, they will be gone for sure. As they build up their capabilities, they can then pass their know-how to new candidates to help new candidates manage their ward well. Good candidates will then be more willing to join WP if they see WP has a good support system to help them win election and manage their ward. A good managment system and support team will take years to develop. What I hope to see is WP can get more qualified ppl to join and win more seats at every GE & BE, a few at a time. I hope they can secure 20-30 seats within the next 20 years.

If WP wants to a pain in the ass for PAP, oppose just for the sake of opposing, WP will lose creditability. PAP can also use a lot of dirty tactics to make it very hard for them to do their job and eventually their constituents will suffer. Make your ppl suffer too much and they will vote you out. WP should be a creditable opposition, support good PAP policy but they should also question policy they do not agree and offer their policy even though PAP may not accept it. PAP understand that the ppl wants some opposition and if WP can be work well with the PAP for the good of the nation, I believe PAP will allow their existence and not resort to dirty politics to dis-credit them and push them out. WP is small, we need to support them, be patient with them and give them time to grow. Or you prefer WP MP to talk rubbish in Parliament, make stupid deflamatory remarks, get sued and become bankrupt like a number of crazy politicians in the past. Then this will be the end of the opposition and is this what you want ?

WP will most probably not lead the gov't within the next 20 years. If WP grow in numbers in Parliament, then WP will have a bigger voice to compell the PAP to address the people's issue, e.g. employment, healthcare, transport, housing, etc. It seems right now PAP is more focus on economic growth and less on the people's needs. This is why ppl are upset, the gov't is not addressing their immediate problems and still want to talk cock about they are going to do by 2030. Don't waste time debate some stupid toilet paper. PAP should focus on the problems ppl are facing now. The most important thing to many ppl now is can they get to work on time and can they get home faster after work or school. I am not very happy my daughter have to wait 30 minutes to catch a bus home after school and I am sure you have similar or other frustration which you would like PAP to address NOW.

Let's face it. Whether you like it or not, the PAP will be in the driving seat for at least the next 20 years. We can only exert pressure on the PAP to address our problems by giving more seats to the oppposition whenever the opposition have a good candidate that can replace the PAP. However the ppl will only replace the PAP if the opposition can field a good candidate. Nobody wants to vote for an idiot and suffer when the ward is in a mess due to mis-management .