• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP Eric Tan quits?

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I feel betrayed"

Join a party and abide by the rules.

Feel betrayed? These words will follow him for the next few years,,,,,

Wonder if WP feel betrayes by ET's statement

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Power struggle ! At the end of the day, one mountain cannot have two tiger. Only one allow to lead, nevermind that it is a toothless paper tiger.

Last edited:

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fat fuck still wanna go on television? He dunno the camera adds 20 pounds meh? I think he handled the entire situation very badly and it will be the end of his political career. Very foolish considering that we are at the cusp of major change in SG politics.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was looking at facebook and came across Glenda Han's post election updates. She sounded almost quitting but for some reasons made a U-turn and decides to stay. I would say she fares better on petty differences as compared to old man Eric Tan who quits over a NCMP struggle. My guess is knowing LTK he sensed he is going into cold storage anyway.

Glenda Han's post election updates

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eric's speech and action had just betrayed himself instead. Revealing his ungentlemanly, wayward and vindictive character. He should have make appeasement and accept the party's decision unanimously.

Amakusa Kourin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opposition has to get their act together. How to take on PAP Juggernaut when some parties are as divided as the Baltic states.

Last edited:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opposition parties are just opposite to each other, it is normal.

During the fight, it would be PAP against the rest, after the fight it is opposition vs PAP and the rest.

Opposition has to get their act together. How to take on PAP Juggernaut when some parties are as divided as the Baltic states.

Amakusa Kourin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opposition parties are just opposite to each other, it is normal.

During the fight, it would be PAP against the rest, after the fight it is opposition vs PAP and the rest.

They really should learn how to settle in-fightings more effectively. More of these news is going to create more negative impression by the public. I think, next time, they should screen the candidates more stringently and also, smaller oppo parties should merge into one big party.

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, Uncle is in East Coast GRC. We voted for WP because of the party and because we want to pass a strong message to the PAP.

We do not think highly of the WP team members but were prepared to give the party a chance. Giam impressed us at the TV forum and the rallies.

BTW, who is Eric Tan?

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For a party veteran & CEC member like Eric Tan to cry foul & "feel betrayed" after being passed over by his protege for the NCMP post is indeed a no-brainer. On the contrary, he should be gracious, thankful & proud of his protege's appointment. He is after all a party veteran & should rise above the common fray. In this way, he will continue to command the respect of the WP's rank and file esp. Gerald Giam. The appointment was made on the merits and it showed that the CEC preferred to groom a younger man; that's all. This is normal party politics! Where's the foul play? Giam is also a deserving appointee in his own right. For Eric to quit so abruptly after heading the WP East Coast team to a good result certainly smacked of sour grapes, fragile ego & selfishness. He has got his priorities wrong! Hope he'll change his mind eventually.