• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious WP Bayi Promoted To Chief of Oppies! Will Have His Own Gahmen Office Too!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1594441968631.png

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has formally acknowledged Pritam Singh, secretary-general of the Workers' Party (WP), as the official Leader of the Opposition, during a press conference held after the election was concluded.

The Leader of the Opposition refers to the politician who leads the largest opposition political party, although previously Pritam had not been officially recognised as such.

PM Lee personally called Pritam to congratulate him
The final results for the 2020 General Election are all in, and the People's Action Party (PAP) has once again secured a supermajority in Parliament, with a total of 83 seats.

The Workers' Party (WP), on the other hand, managed to clinch 10 seats outright, claiming the new Sengkang GRC, while holding on to Hougang SMC and Aljunied GRC.

According to PM Lee, the election results show a "clear desire for diversity of voices in Parliament", and that "younger voters also want to see more opposition presence in Parliament."

PM Lee said that the next Parliament will have 10 elected MPs from WP, and that he looked forward to them participating and contributing to the debate in Parliament.

Political observer Derek da Cunha also commented on the matter:

Called Pritam to congratulate him
He personally called Pritam to congratulate him and WP for their strong performance, and formally acknowledged him as the Leader of the Opposition.

"I told Mr Singh that with 10 MPs, I think it is right that he, the Workers' Party leader, be formally designated as the Leader of the Opposition, and that he will be provided with appropriate staff support and resources to perform his duties," said PM Lee.

He also applauded the PAP's team's efforts, praising them for the work they have done.

"Naturally, I am disappointed that the PAP lost Sengkang GRC. Ng Chee Meng and his team, Lam Pin Min, Amrin Amin and Raymond Lye, always knew it was going to be a tough fight. They gave it their all, but Sengkang voters have spoken, and we respect their decision," he said.

https://mothership.sg/2020/07/pritam-singh-leader-of-opposition-pm-lee/

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't get a head of your self. Referee, lines man and bookies all our people! How u fight? :rolleyes:

In any democracy, the leader of the opposition has a lot of clout.

There is also an annual salary attached to this title....on top of just the usual MP allowance.

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fixing of opposition in parliament has began. PAP will devise tough targets for the Leader of opposition and trapped him to deliver outputs. When Pritam Singh can't perform the role according to the rules set by PAP, PAP can sing 9 days of negative tales about opposition performance in parliament next election.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The fixing of opposition in parliament has began. PAP will devise tough targets for the Leader of opposition and trapped him to deliver outputs. When Pritam Singh can't perform the role according to the rules set by PAP, PAP can sing 9 days of negative tales about opposition performance in parliament next election.

I doubt the oppie bayi can keep his Chief Oppie title for long. The Aljunied TC case is not yet resolved and there is still a chance he could end up behind bars or bankrupted. I still think the good PM Lee has been overly generous with the oppies. I wouldn't have given them shit if I were the PM.

The oppies should be ignored by our government, their MP letters ignored and our Grassroots Advisers should have full power over any municipal improvement projects that involved government funding.

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt the oppie bayi can keep his Chief Oppie title for long. The Aljunied TC case is not yet resolved and there is still a chance he could end up behind bars or bankrupted. I still think the good PM Lee has been overly generous with the oppies. I wouldn't have given them shit if I were the PM.

The oppies should be ignored by our government, their MP letters ignored and our Grassroots Advisers should have full power over any municipal improvement projects that involved government funding.

your grassroots advisers all going to kick the bucket soon. you have a real and present problem of attracting young blood at the grassroots level.

so what new incentives will you be throwing out to attract more sycophants? free HDB flats? free COEs? GST waiver?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets me get this straight.

Leader of the Opposition gets his staff seconded from Civil Servants? Can Pritam trust them?

Gets his own office. Spies everywhere and offices are commonly rigged. Can Pritam accept this?

LHL talking through his cancerous arse when he cannot even respectfully give space for sitting Opposition MPs offices and staff in their own ward and have PA overriding their effort.

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
kudos to PM Lee. he recognizes the rot has set into the PAP and is irreversible. wonder if the meteoric rise of the PSP has anything to do with this move. for a party that is barely more than a year old, they have done remarkably well in terms of votes garnered.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's means he can be appointed as shadow minister of law.... each WP members get a shadow minister appointment.

Let's see.

Pp

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
kudos to PM Lee. he recognizes the rot has set into the PAP and is irreversible. wonder if the meteoric rise of the PSP has anything to do with this move. for a party that is barely more than a year old, they have done remarkably well in terms of votes garnered.
PSP's meteoric rise is all because of TCB. But's he already 80. LHY ought to play a more active role from here on and stop being a cock teaser.

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think so lah. But I wonder why the kids of the Old Guard ministers and others like Eddie Barker have not joined opposition politics. Seeing their father's pap deteriorated to such a sad state.

their daddies probably told them of the rot in the PAP and to stay far, far away.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That happened in the past and cost PAP to lost 1 more GRC. Still dare to bully WP oppie? Better think thrice before you act. East Coast and Marine Parade GRC won't be so lenient towards PAP the next time.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Huh? Got official and unofficial opposition leader as PAP deemed fit? Does that mean, now Aljunied GRC, Sengkang GRC and Hougang SMC will receive PA's full supports from now onwards and victor Lye can go jump into Bedok Reservoir for good?

The howlian Victor Lye wanted the Aljunied grc voters to bring his team home as he smelt blood when in the last GE his team lost very narrowly. Instead the voters showed him the exit and sent him packing. I think he will stick around like a leech acting as a psuedo shadow MP and grassroots adviser.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The howlian Victor Lye wanted the Aljunied grc voters to bring his team home as he smelt blood when in the last GE his team lost very narrowly. Instead the voters showed him the exit and sent him packing. I think he will stick around like a leech acting as a psuedo shadow MP and grassroots adviser.
No more shadow for PAP in Aljunied. Pritam Singh is now recognised as formidable threat to PAP. Expect Victor Lye's and his team body will be seen floating in the reservoir nearby.