• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

WP at the Crossroads?

tanwahp

If you want to know what happened to Moulmein Kallang GRC, you just need to ask those living there... WP the largest opposition only put up posters 3-4 days AFTER nomination day! If they are really serious about contesting, will that happen? Masak Masak, play play, just like chope place with tissue paper lah!

Goh Meng Seng

Rubbish. 4 days is half the campaign time. The PAP would have raised this issue at their rallies without your reminders.

Your NSP Chua Chu Kang team distributed flyers in neighbouring Sembawang GRC. What do you call that?

Qantas

If you want to know what happened to Moulmein Kallang GRC, you just need to ask those living there... WP the largest opposition only put up posters 3-4 days AFTER nomination day! If they are really serious about contesting, will that happen? Masak Masak, play play, just like chope place with tissue paper lah!

Goh Meng Seng

Mr Goh, I think the pot should not call the kettle black. I believe you could have been an MP for Tampines GRC now if you had not "disappeared" from the constituency for the duration of GE 2011 considering that you "choped" Tampines very early on. I think you only held one miserable rally towards the end of campaigning perhaps two or three days before polling day. You have really let the people of Tampines down.

He needs to learn from SL. You need to be seen. You need to knock on doors etc. No substitute for hard work.

Goh Meng Seng

I am just raising very basic things like putting up posters. We did walk the ground in Tampines but I do not think I can see everybody in the Town. Did WP walk the ground in all the constituencies they contested? Nope. It is not practical at all as such move is impractical to be completed. Even if you knock the doors for 3 or 4 rounds, there will still be chances that you will not see everybody in the town for many reasons. We just do whatever we can with our limited resources throughout the years.

However when it comes to GE, the basic resources for logistics must be available, simple as that. You can't give excuses for putting up posters 3 or 4 days late because of "not enough manpower". That's ridiculous. It doesn't look good for the party at party and that's basically chopeing places only. Only places like Hougang and Aljunied were able to put up posters IMMEDIATELY after nomination. Not even East Coast GRC has its posters up in time... East Coast dragged 3 or 4 days before it was put up!

Goh Meng Seng

P.S. Such issues were raised to me by some residents in Moulmein Kallang and East Cost GRCs. I don't know the situation in other places like Yishun or other SMCs. I was shocked initially because this isn't expected from WP. Back in GE2006, only AMK GRC will face such problem because the team was squeezed out last minute. East Coast GRC was quite well run as well. Thus I do not understand why in GE2011 East Coast GRC ended up regressing in logistics support. Moulmein Kallang was obviously a last minute squeeze out just like AMK GRC in GE2006.

tanwahp

I am just raising very basic things like putting up posters. We did walk the ground in Tampines but I do not think I can see everybody in the Town. Did WP walk the ground in all the constituencies they contested? Nope. It is not practical at all as such move is impractical to be completed. Even if you knock the doors for 3 or 4 rounds, there will still be chances that you will not see everybody in the town for many reasons. We just do whatever we can with our limited resources throughout the years.

However when it comes to GE, the basic resources for logistics must be available, simple as that. You can't give excuses for putting up posters 3 or 4 days late because of "not enough manpower". That's ridiculous. It doesn't look good for the party at party and that's basically chopeing places only. Only places like Hougang and Aljunied were able to put up posters IMMEDIATELY after nomination. Not even East Coast GRC has its posters up in time... East Coast dragged 3 or 4 days before it was put up!

Goh Meng Seng

P.S. Such issues were raised to me by some residents in Moulmein Kallang and East Cost GRCs. I don't know the situation in other places like Yishun or other SMCs. I was shocked initially because this isn't expected from WP. Back in GE2006, only AMK GRC will face such problem because the team was squeezed out last minute. East Coast GRC was quite well run as well. Thus I do not understand why in GE2011 East Coast GRC ended up regressing in logistics support. Moulmein Kallang was obviously a last minute squeeze out just like AMK GRC in GE2006.

Was chatting with some friends last evening. One staying in Jurong GRC said she saw NSP posters at the first weekend of the campaign which is 4 days after nomination. Another spotted WP posters in Moulmein Kallang within 2 days because one could be seen outside her bedroom window.

So what does it prove? Nothing. Perception and reality are different and hearsay may not always be right.

For East Coast, your best verifier is Eric Tan. No need to depend on "residents".

You got to give credit to WP. Despite getting their "basics" wrong on posters, they did the following

1) snatched more seats for the opposition since independence.
2) a GRC fell for the first time
3) removed 2 cabinet ministers and one Minister of State in the process

Can you imagine if they hung their posters in time what other damage they could have done.

Maybe thats why you guys did not do well in Tampines despite having the most vulnerable minister in Mah. After doing the basics such as hanging posters NSP guys must have forgotten to campaign.

WP senior figures have closed ranks when GMS revealed to the public about the late poster hanging scandal in Moulmein. Gerard Giam who asked not to be quoted said that they are embarrassed by the revelation. Though he denied that WP CEC was well aware but chose to sweep the matter under the carpet.

Stomp interviewed GMS who said that he kept watch on Moulmein daily and was on the ground. He door knocked the residents to get an actual feel of residents views about WP. He said "thats when I found out the posters' When asked how Tampines was progressing at the time this was going on, Goh said that he can't be in 2 places at the same time.

kukubird58

WP senior figures have closed ranks when GMS revealed to the public about the late poster hanging scandal in Moulmein. Gerard Giam who asked not to be quoted said that they are embarrassed by the revelation. Though he denied that WP CEC was well aware but chose to sweep the matter under the carpet.

Stomp interviewed GMS who said that he kept watch on Moulmein daily and was on the ground. He door knocked the residents to get an actual feel of residents views about WP. He said "thats when I found out the posters' When asked how Tampines was progressing at the time this was going on, Goh said that he can't be in 2 places at the same time.
hahaha....well said scroobye.......
mudslinging at its best......
WP CEC again less than honest (closed ranks) and sweep things under the carpet...
with opps supporters like you, wonder why they keep blaming papee IBs????

Goh Meng Seng

Well, you gain some, you lose some. WP did win seats and that is no doubt important. But at the same time, it is apparent that it has put up incoherent strategy in the bid to prevent other opposition party like NSP to have a better chance of winning more seats. Thus, for me, for the bigger picture, it has cancelled out.

It is not true we did not campaign in Tampines, although our campaigning strategy is totally different. You actually believe Tampines is an easy ward to contest with millions being thrown into it for last minute HDB upgrading? That's delusional.

The easier ward is actually Jalan Besar aka Moulmein Kallang. You have a weak Yaacob who screwed up with flooding issue and Lui Tuck Yew... in a FOUR MAN GRC! A rare chance for any party but WP has squandered it.

Goh Meng Seng

You got to give credit to WP. Despite getting their "basics" wrong on posters, they did the following

1) snatched more seats for the opposition since independence.
2) a GRC fell for the first time
3) removed 2 cabinet ministers and one Minister of State in the process

Can you imagine if they hung their posters in time what other damage they could have done.

Maybe thats why you guys did not do well in Tampines despite having the most vulnerable minister in Mah. After doing the basics such as hanging posters NSP guys must have forgotten to campaign.

hahaha....well said scroobye.......
mudslinging at its best......
WP CEC again less than honest (closed ranks) and sweep things under the carpet...
with opps supporters like you, wonder why they keep blaming papee IBs????

The owner of the leg you are humping is giving you a big smile you dumbfuck!.....LOL......LOL...The nurturing of minds by PAP do have results!.....LOL.....LOL

kukubird58

The owner of the leg you are humping is giving you a big smile you dumbfuck!.....LOL......LOL...The nurturing of minds by PAP do have results!.....LOL.....LOL
hahaha.....u really think you are damn smart.....
u really think i am papee IB....
double confirm another ge kiang empty vessel...

tanwahp

Well, you gain some, you lose some. WP did win seats and that is no doubt important. But at the same time, it is apparent that it has put up incoherent strategy in the bid to prevent other opposition party like NSP to have a better chance of winning more seats. Thus, for me, for the bigger picture, it has cancelled out.

It is not true we did not campaign in Tampines, although our campaigning strategy is totally different. You actually believe Tampines is an easy ward to contest with millions being thrown into it for last minute HDB upgrading? That's delusional.

The easier ward is actually Jalan Besar aka Moulmein Kallang. You have a weak Yaacob who screwed up with flooding issue and Lui Tuck Yew... in a FOUR MAN GRC! A rare chance for any party but WP has squandered it.

Goh Meng Seng

The ward you lose is difficult to win, the ward others lose is easy to win. These kind of claims are often made by children.

WP did better in MK than NSP in Jalan Besar in 2006. WP did better in Aljunied without you in 2011 than with you 2006. No point in claiming that a NSP MK team could have done better in 2011.

Goh Meng Seng

Your argument is flawed but never mind, I don't want to go through all those argument again. You will believe what you want to believe. Simple thing like CSM over shines LTK and SL add together, you can turn around and say LTK over shines SL and CSM. That's how much objectivity you have as a person. :wink:

What I would like to see is forward. If, a big IF here, CSM takes over LTK as SG in the near future before next GE, WP will be VERY DIFFERENT and may win even MORE seats for next GE, other than addition of East Coast GRC only. CSM has a following, a strong following of intelligent and talented people. By the look at those helpers of his MPS, one can already feel the difference. This is something LTK and SL cannot emulate.

But as I say, the conservative nature of WP cadres and people like you who are obsessed with outdated old school thinking, will not be making that choice. So be it. The only consolation is that it will give other opposition parties more time and room to play catch up.

Goh Meng Seng

The ward you lose is difficult to win, the ward others lose is easy to win. These kind of claims are often made by children.

WP did better in MK than NSP in Jalan Besar in 2006. WP did better in Aljunied without you in 2011 than with you 2006. No point in claiming that a NSP MK team could have done better in 2011.

Goh Meng Seng had a good GRC in the form of tampines and instead of examining why he lost there he still wants to harbour the old grudge over MK and talk about flyers and posters put up by other parties. Totally no sense of self reflection and completely wrong focus.

tanwahp

Your argument is flawed but never mind, I don't want to go through all those argument again. You will believe what you want to believe. Simple thing like CSM over shines LTK and SL add together, you can turn around and say LTK over shines SL and CSM. That's how much objectivity you have as a person. :wink:

Alright, CSM outshine LTK and Sylvia a bit more, not to the extent that the latter were blocked out. Nothing to argue over. But really, how many would think you are a flag bearer of the word "objectivity".

aurvandil

Demographicallly, Tampines was a really bad GRC to fight. The good results can be attributed to the success of his Minister-specific strategy of targetting MBT. With all the screw ups, it should be fairly easy to reuse this strategy. Unfortunately no one seems to be using it.

Goh Meng Seng had a good GRC in the form of tampines and instead of examining why he lost there he still wants to harbour the old grudge over MK and talk about flyers and posters put up by other parties. Totally no sense of self reflection and completely wrong focus.

SockPuppet

GMS thinks very highly of himself. I dare say he sees Roy and the rest no up. If he relents, they have to work with him and not he work with them.

I am trying to direct his energies into something constructive. I would say he needs to work with them. it will benefit all.

Goh Meng Seng

Well, these WP people aren't objective at all and no point to waste time to talk sense into them. Your worry is also mine. Nobody seems to be using the very strategy that cut 12% off MBT in Tampines.

Goh Meng Seng

Demographicallly, Tampines was a really bad GRC to fight. The good results can be attributed to the success of his Minister-specific strategy of targetting MBT. With all the screw ups, it should be fairly easy to reuse this strategy. Unfortunately no one seems to be using it.

Well, these WP people aren't objective at all and no point to waste time to talk sense into them. Your worry is also mine. Nobody seems to be using the very strategy that cut 12% off MBT in Tampines.

Goh Meng Seng

Then you should join a political party and repeats your minister specific strategy in 2016