• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Would you rather vote for PAP or RP? What about PAP or SDA?

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like alot of opposition supporters are so pissed off with RP and SDA that they dislike these parties even more than the PAP now.

That's quite something, because most of these are hardcore opposition fans who say things like "If it were a PAP candidate versus a monkey, I would vote for the monkey."

I met a taxi driver the other day who held a very extreme hatred for the PAP. He went on and on about how the PAP screwed the voters, and how the PAP needs to be punished. However, when I mentioned RP and SDA, his blood literally boiled. He said he would never vote for RP or SDA in any future election even if they were involved in a direct 1-to-1 contest against the PAP. When asked, he reluctantly admitted that he would rather for the PAP.

What about you?

I would vote for the PAP over the RP, unless the PAP candidate is Tin Pei Ling, Wong Kan Seng, Mah Bow Tan, Khaw Boon Wan, Chan Chun Sing, Janil Puthucheary, K Shanmugam, Lee Bee Wah, Seng Han Thong or Yeo Guat Kwang (my top 10 disliked PAP politicians). Basically, in a straight contest between Teo Chee Hean or Kenneth Jeyaretnam, I would vote for Teo Chee Hean.

As for the SDA, I would vote for the PAP over the SDA even if the PAP candidate was Tin Pei Ling. Saying this actually makes me cringe as it is a betrayal of my own moral values. But I would vote for her nonetheless.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DL and GMS make great friends as they have similar behavior. RP may still yet make a comeback. It is unclear what RP had hoped to gain in PE. Winning was always out of the question. Diluting votes was an issue and RP by trying to make WP look bad rather than stand in solidarity was stupid. Unless RP wanted WP to win by being an arse.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
DL and GMS make great friends as they have similar behavior. RP may still yet make a comeback. It is unclear what RP had hoped to gain in PE. Winning was always out of the question. Diluting votes was an issue and RP by trying to make WP look bad rather than stand in solidarity was stupid. Unless RP wanted WP to win by being an arse.

Apparently, KJ invited Desmond Lim to speak as a "guest speaker" at his second RP rally. Desmond declined but attended the rally.

I think KJ was deluded enough to actually believe that he stood a chance of winning.

Remember Tan Kin Lian?

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apparently, KJ invited Desmond Lim to speak as a "guest speaker" at his second RP rally. Desmond declined but attended the rally.

I think KJ was deluded enough to actually believe that he stood a chance of winning.

Remember Tan Kin Lian?
If he is that deluded, I pity him. It would really be frightening in Singapore if a more than 50% swing to a newcomer in an election could happen. It would mean that the voters are crazy and nuts. The parrot man and a group of homeless people could then even oust the PM in his own turf. In that case, it would be time to take out the parangs and clubs - each man for himself.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently, his father was able to engineer a swing of 37% in the Anson by-election in 1981.

Since KJ keeps saying that he is his father's son, perhaps he thought he could do it too.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
And I really think Tan Kin Lian honestly believed he could win the Presidential Election.

Even with Tan Jee Say and Tan Cheng Bock in the fray.

Why else would he not pull out? The deposit in the Presidential Election is $48,000, alot more than in a Parliamentary Election.

So if he was capable of such delusion, surely KJ is capable of the same.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And I really think Tan Kin Lian honestly believed he could win the Presidential Election.

Even with Tan Jee Say and Tan Cheng Bock in the fray.

Why else would he not pull out? The deposit in the Presidential Election is $48,000, alot more than in a Parliamentary Election.

So if he was capable of such delusion, surely KJ is capable of the same.

TKL has been in Ivory Tower too long before he was spit out and he became bitter and reawakened to some extent. Well, if he really has an axe to grind, the next Parliamentary elections are waiting for him. But alas, he is already 65.