• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World's Top 20 High-Tech Nations - 2012

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I donated yes. In appreciation to our host Sam Leong for allowing me to use this forum as a platform to air my views and also make new online friends.

Wrong place Lah. You should go to ypap forums. Over there, you get paid to air certain views, and may even get a chance to win lottery, I.e. become millionaire minister.

Last edited:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anti cancer drug? Don't believe what you read. People are paying their lives savings to such drug which ultimately still resulted in agony and pain before death. Use some intellect when reading the noose.

http://mct.aacrjournals.org/content/9/3/642

first locally developed phase 3 clinical drugs, very selective anti cancer drug.

learn to read and interact with top level players more before you make such comments. off hand i can think of a few others ground breaking one seriously - database storage using salt which way more efficient than conventional method. http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9220873/Table_salt_found_to_boost_data_storage_density

read the news more

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
to that idiot that attack SB939 on its sales, obviously you have zero idea the meaning of phase III clinical do you? local drug development scene is only at most about 20 years old. you have zero idea about the process it takes from taking a chemical compounds out from a library to IND stage and NDA stage do you? that why i said long ago, read more

i can name one household item that is invented by singaporean that the whole world now cannot live without, Thumbdrive. you din't know do you? told you to read more

never heard of a company call Hyflux right? frog in the well, if singapore so small and you do not even know the current situation, i bet you are ignorance when it comes to regional and global scene.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
to that idiot that attack SB939 on its sales,

Not me I hope. I don't recall dismissing the "achievements" that you folks make, fully funded courtesy of taxpayers like myself. Drill a little deeper my hotheaded friend, and you will realize that the government is subsidizing private sector, especially large pharmaceuticals. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put you down personally, but surely you must realize that without the GOS pumping money into research, you wouldn't even have a chance to wash the test tubes. Here's hoping you appreciate the boons delivered to you on a platter, and get ahead of the legion of foreign researchers before the PAP or taxpayers realize it is wasteful.

Go on, taunt your benefactors some more with your drivel.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The greatest invention here is ERP which operates in tandem with the equally great artistic invention called COE. So complex are the systems that no other countries or enterprises in the world can copy - not even China.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
to that idiot that attack SB939 on its sales, obviously you have zero idea the meaning of phase III clinical do you? local drug development scene is only at most about 20 years old. you have zero idea about the process it takes from taking a chemical compounds out from a library to IND stage and NDA stage do you? that why i said long ago, read more

My challenge remains: name one noteworthy sinkie-patented drug with sales of at least a 100 million USD. :smile:

i can name one household item that is invented by singaporean that the whole world now cannot live without, Thumbdrive. you din't know do you? told you to read more

What a joke! "ThumbDrive" or "Universal Serial Bus flash drive" was first patented by Israeli Shimon Shmueli who worked for IBM. Why are chinks and sinkies given to lying to save face ah? Face more important than honesty? :rolleyes:

never heard of a company call Hyflux right? frog in the well, if singapore so small and you do not even know the current situation, i bet you are ignorance when it comes to regional and global scene.

Hyflux, the company founded by someone born and raised in the country that Singaporeans routinely dismiss as "Third World"? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a joke! "ThumbDrive" or "Universal Serial Bus flash drive" was first patented by Israeli Shimon Shmueli who worked for IBM. Why are chinks and sinkies given to lying to save face ah? Face more important than honesty? :rolleyes:

go check WHO is the real inventor of it and WHO STEAL IT. told you to get yourself educated, did you just wiki it without properly finding out the history and background of it? typical useless uneducated fucks

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
My challenge remains: name one noteworthy sinkie-patented drug with sales of at least a 100 million USD. :smile:

this is why education is important and typical idiots who are never in this field think drugs drop from the sky, you have no idea how long it takes to past from IND to NDA stage. we are only in the scene 20 years ago. if you are really smart enough you would already got the message, you will realised when is it fair to ask this question. i decided edit my message to delete away the timeframe with regards when to ask this question, i do not see a reason why there is a need to teach an idiot like you or spoonfeed you any informations. i bet frogs in the well like you do not even understand the meaning of clinical trials and how exciting and difficult it is to reach phase III.

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hyflux, the company founded by someone born and raised in the country that Singaporeans routinely dismiss as "Third World"? :rolleyes:

where she got her education from 5 till uni graduated? after 3 where she grew up in most of her time?

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not me I hope. I don't recall dismissing the "achievements" that you folks make, fully funded courtesy of taxpayers like myself. Drill a little deeper my hotheaded friend, and you will realize that the government is subsidizing private sector, especially large pharmaceuticals. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put you down personally, but surely you must realize that without the GOS pumping money into research, you wouldn't even have a chance to wash the test tubes. Here's hoping you appreciate the boons delivered to you on a platter, and get ahead of the legion of foreign researchers before the PAP or taxpayers realize it is wasteful.

Go on, taunt your benefactors some more with your drivel.

go on and pull out the support from these highly valuable skilled companies and to be honest i will not be affected much. people of my expertises are rare and in oversea, i can easily find a position with ease or shift with them. its the common folks that will be jobless. i hope you are not in any policy making position in civil sectors, cos views like this will get many blue collar works jobless and not people like me. i dun give a fuck about what common folks like you think to be honest, but i feel sorry for those lower skill uncles/aunties that are in the production line. Go think deep why the government have to support and attract these MNC like GSK and Mercks in, these are companies that are demands highly skilled economy that fits in our economy restructuring policy. go on and make stupid policy that are not attractive to these companies and see what happen.

Get your mentality straight, they do not owe taxpayer a single shit, they can pull out anytime if the policy is against them. these companies do not give a fuck about taxpayer mentalities. Our government BEG them to be here so that people can have a job, get your facts right. Let me highlight this straight again,

They don't owe taxpayer a single shit, those money are used to bribe them to be here if we were to say it out bluntly.

typical idiots that do not know what is really going on behind the scene

Last edited:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
He said "noteworthy", didn't he? You wanna talk about "top level players"? Cite one example of a sinkie patented drug with sales of at least 100 million USD. I concur with what Mojito said: SG produces nothing noteworthy. :rolleyes:

Got lah. Sound cards by Creative Technology. Now, ... I dono what had happened to it. It used to be quite famous.

lowres_AudigyValue_box.jpg