• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Workers Party will win in Punggol East.... I can feel it in my bones....

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What if the PAP loses and WP wins another seat?..........Would this win by the WP be seen a milestone of sort that will chart the direction of the next GE?

From the opposition camp, it will be a comforting assurance that things are looking brighter, that the PAP is no longer the party to watch. It will definitely be encouraging for those wanting to join the opposition in the next round. It will be much easier for the opposition parties to recruit more supporters and potential candidates.

On the other hand, those thinking of saying yes after being invited for tea could have second thought. When such a well qualified professional with all the potential to be an office holder could lose to an average Singaporean from the opposition camp, it must mean something. It would be a reminder of Chiam See Tong’s less than pristine academic papers beating an elite, the best of the best that the PAP could find.

The myth that a highly qualified candidate donning the PAP’s white and badge is a sure win formula will be just a myth. It is something else that is the deciding factor. PAP brand, high and impeccable qualifications, big potential, all the praises from the ministers and even the PM would mean nothing now.

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/2013/01/punggol-east-what-if-pap-loses.html

nickname

Alfrescian
Loyal
What if the PAP loses and WP wins another seat?..........Would this win by the WP be seen a milestone of sort that will chart the direction of the next GE?

From the opposition camp, it will be a comforting assurance that things are looking brighter, that the PAP is no longer the party to watch. It will definitely be encouraging for those wanting to join the opposition in the next round. It will be much easier for the opposition parties to recruit more supporters and potential candidates.

On the other hand, those thinking of saying yes after being invited for tea could have second thought. When such a well qualified professional with all the potential to be an office holder could lose to an average Singaporean from the opposition camp, it must mean something. It would be a reminder of Chiam See Tong’s less than pristine academic papers beating an elite, the best of the best that the PAP could find.

The myth that a highly qualified candidate donning the PAP’s white and badge is a sure win formula will be just a myth. It is something else that is the deciding factor. PAP brand, high and impeccable qualifications, big potential, all the praises from the ministers and even the PM would mean nothing now.

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/2013/01/punggol-east-what-if-pap-loses.html

Why are you so ahead of the curve? WP not yet win PE, so no need to be so kanchiong spider, analyzing so much on paper.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this shall be a watershed election. after this, the WP will conquer the rest of East Singapore in GE2015. Tampines, East Coast and Pasir Ris will all fall to the WP. i wish...

TuaGow

Alfrescian
Loyal
this shall be a watershed election. after this, the WP will conquer the rest of East Singapore in GE2015. Tampines, East Coast and Pasir Ris will all fall to the WP. i wish...
punggol will be the bridgehead for wp to conquer the east and liberate all the sinkies there. all will not be quiet on the eastern front come ge2016! :eek:

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same sentiment here... I have been a active reader in old Sammyboy and soc.culture.singapore since the early 90s. Spore netizens have always been overwhelming vocal in supporting Opposition but when it comes to vote and election result, the reality always turns up differently. PAP is still going to win PE.

Yes, like you, Old Uncle have been following this forum since the early days of the old Sammyboy.Despite all the anti-PAP sentiments and predictions,the incumbents have always emerged the winners.

This PE is no different.Yes, it is getting tighter and more difficult with more vocal voices.But the good doctor will walk victorious. The Oppo have to blame themselves for the failure to secure any ground or any justification for another Oppo member in parliament. The Oppo has demonstrated nothing like " silly and immature" antics and theatricals. PAP will remain in power for a long long time.Singaporeans will have to live with this. Unless, there is a Miracle in this small little dot.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pappies win - all peasants get ready for plenty of ky as pappies going to screw the peasants real hard.

M

Mdm Tang

Tuan, Agree.

My middle leg also feeling it.:o

Durian Lee will win by a nipple at the wire !:smile:

Datoh ,

and bros know where to find WP's

victory Station / or Gathering Point for

tonite Victory Celebration ???

please provide address . thanks .

Datoh ,

J. M. another kelong King in the Making !!!

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't even think majority of the Sporean think they have been screwed by PAP policies.. After all these years when I speak to most Sporean, they seem to take all these policies in stride.
pappies win - all peasants get ready for plenty of ky as pappies going to screw the peasants real hard.

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sincerely hope your bones are right, coz mine says close win for PAP. There's still enough people out there contend with the status quo.

I'll be very happy to be proved wrong....

jw5

Loyal
How can there be gut feelings when you are under instruction to say it.

From Dictionary.com

gut/gʌt/ Show Spelled [guht] Show IPA noun, verb, gut·ted, gut·ting, adjective
noun
1. the alimentary canal, especially between the pylorus and the anus, or some portion of it. Compare foregut, midgut, hindgut.
2. guts.
a. the bowels or entrails.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As with the experience in previous general elections and presidential elections, netizens tend to have a higher level of optimism than the eventual outcome.

Yes, netizens' optimism tends to be higher than the eventual outcome. But over time, this gap seems narrower and narrower. At GE2011, Aljunied GRC fell, although many netizens were surprised. At BE HG, many netizens had expected a strong vote swing from the WP but were very surprised, including our resident political analyst, with the relatively strong performance of the WP

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quality of opposition, imo, is an important factor. Look at CSM for example. Pritam as another. Sensible voters will still gauge the academic background of opposition chaps. Inevitable.

Agreed. Quality of ANY candidate is important. However, I think Singaporeans place too much emphasise on academic achievements. We are no longer talking about uneducated or Primary school dropouts as candidates. A hardworking, sincere, earnest candidate with a poly diploma should beat a doctor who has to be asked to join the cause, any day....

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, netizens' optimism tends to be higher than the eventual outcome. But over time, this gap seems narrower and narrower. At GE2011, Aljunied GRC fell, although many netizens were surprised. At BE HG, many netizens had expected a strong vote swing from the WP but were very surprised, including our resident political analyst, with the relatively strong performance of the WP

people shouldn't be totally surprised that Aljunied GRC fell. LTK couldn't risk his 16K salary by taking a huge gamble to contest in Aljunied.