• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

woodlands mrt shops selling S$2 chicken rice

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
and many local dish like mee goreng, hor fun etc
all S$2 only
more than 1 shop there selling S$2 chicken rice...khun THAI and anandas
dont know how long they can survive trying to kill each other with their low price
admiralty mrt shop is selling S1.80 cents chicken rice

one shop selling you tiao for 60cents
while the shop 'dough culture' in the causeway point selling 90cents

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why not?
Chicken flavored rice with slivers of chicken meat.

60 cents youtiao? Maxwell road HC 6 pcs for 1 dollar....up from 10 cts each previously

amazedbyyou

Alfrescian
Loyal
lets support the $2s....Chicken rice at Keong Siak(near CK) and Crawford HC(1st corner stall).
Let the greedy ones rot.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You get what you pay for. The food at Ananas Cafe is shit.

You said it, but when you are at Kranji MRT Station, you are hungry...their fried mee hoon/mee, Nasi Lemak etc..with drinks can do...KOPI TIAM, just opened a food court there...it is expensive & taste like.....

Ananas Cafe food is never that good....hungry, just to fill you a bit......:rolleyes:

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the overall standard of our local food is horrendous!

i hope the government can do something about this!

it's simply terrible!!! i tried the mee siam at long house ...and it is $3...and i can tell you
'one look at the presentation, you will puke!!!...it's an insult to the dish!!!....

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why not?
Chicken flavored rice with slivers of chicken meat.

60 cents youtiao? Maxwell road HC 6 pcs for 1 dollar....up from 10 cts each previously

the traditional chicken rice has gone long ago
just add plenty of ajimoto and that's chicken rice
chicken is damned few slices
the chilli is filled with dilute vinegar
the standard is simply hopeless
hope the government can do something about this falling standard
it's utterly disgraceful....you look at the advertisements and the displayed dishes - so nice and so tempting
when they serve you, you will just puke!!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

it's simply terrible!!! i tried the mee siam at long house ...and it is $3...and i can tell you
'one look at the presentation, you will puke!!!...it's an insult to the dish!!!....

Your beloved govt is responsible for the drop in food quality.

1) Escalating rent.

2) Lack of young generation of successors within the family food business.

3) Opening the floodgates to chapalang FTs so they crowd out the local cuisine with poor imitations.

4) Co-opting the F&B industry so that the cronies and porlumpars and dispassionate franchisees prosper.

The pappies have destroyed a huge chunk of the food culture here. Examples include the revamped Chinatown Food Street, the Satay Club.

If you're old enough you'd realize that it wasn't this bad 10 or 20 years ago.

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your beloved govt is responsible for the drop in food quality.

1) Escalating rent.

2) Lack of young generation of successors within the family food business.

3) Opening the floodgates to chapalang FTs so they crowd out the local cuisine with poor imitations.

4) Co-opting the F&B industry so that the cronies and porlumpars and dispassionate franchisees prosper.

The pappies have destroyed a huge chunk of the food culture here. Examples include the revamped Chinatown Food Street, the Satay Club.

If you're old enough you'd realize that it wasn't this bad 10 or 20 years ago.

your points are all valid.....

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
went to junction 8 and order one korean dish served by a prc woman , unhappy,piqued and angry...$6.80 set lunch...it was so horrible, i puked again...

went to a food court and ordered some alio alio dish ...$5.50....served by another foreign worker....dish came out like shit....too starchy and no taste at all!!!

the food at our food-courts is really damned horrendous and the price lagi horrendous!!!

prefer to cook and eat at home....

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You mean Long House, Upper Thomson Rd, outside Taman Permata?? like the Big Prawn noodle soup, the or char, or the hokkien noodle, char kway teow, when it was good, until old man is now no longer around, Chicken Rice from Bugis Street ( branch at Bishan) been eating from them since Bugis Street days...the banana fritters good but bloody expensive..

do not recall a mee siam?? that place is going into memory lane soon...to be demolished for the Thomson MRT Line...that place use to A&W 24 hrs resturant before becoming a food court..used to spend time at A&W till 3 or 4am... memory lane...:p

Last edited:

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You mean Long House, Upper Thomson Rd, outside Taman Permata?? like the Big Prawn noodle soup, the or char, or the hokkien noodle, char kway teow, when it was good, until old man is now no longer around, Chicken Rice from Bugis Street ( branch at Bishan) been eating from them since Bugis Street days...the banana fritters good but bloody expensive..

do not recall a mee siam?? that place is going into memory lane soon...to be demolished for the Thomson MRT Line...that place use to A&W 24 hrs resturant before becoming a food court..used to spend time at A&W till 3 or 4am... memory lane...:p

Yes Sir. The porridge is still okay.But the standard is really damned terok now. I used to enjoy the fish porridge with a side dish of yusheng and sometimes with another side dish of fresh white chicken. The uncles damned rude, frustrated and they all looked tired and angry - probably their days are numbered!

The big prawn noodle soup is also bad.The soup is horrible - all mixed with all the pork organs and bones. Expensive too and the attitude of the uncle is also terrible!!!

Tried the rojak last time.It was good. This time ordered popiah [email protected] it was simply horrendous. The popial skin was like leather!!! It was a disaster dinner for me and my friend.

The meesiam was from a new Malay stall. I always give any new stall a try. This was horrible.It's $3 and the presentation will make you puke. They also sell lontong and nasi padang. Maybe that was a bad day for me. Simply terrible! Yah, the banana fritters are still good,but the price went up.Old man not there anymore. I think the DIL ( a Vietamese?) is running the stall with the son. Maybe old man passed on liao....

I still prefer the Long House of the old , near the Jalan Besar Stadium. Those were golden days!!!!

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
lianbeng agrees with laksaboy: Ananas Cafe all standard $2 chicken rice in certain mrt stations lah! :biggrin:

there are some two dollar dishes around in some hawker centre...simple and not so bad
two dollar laksa , bakchomee and kwayteowmee soup...are still around. very few now.....

Cravex

Alfrescian
Loyal
The potion will be small and end of the day, you will have to purchase one more packet to fill your stomach. Marketing strategies.