• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

woodlands mrt shops selling S$2 chicken rice

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the traditional chicken rice has gone long ago
just add plenty of ajimoto and that's chicken rice
chicken is damned few slices
the chilli is filled with dilute vinegar
the standard is simply hopeless
hope the government can do something about this falling standard
it's utterly disgraceful....you look at the advertisements and the displayed dishes - so nice and so tempting
when they serve you, you will just puke!!!

Wah lau ...chicken rice standard drop, you want government to intervene. You may be right after all they are so free ...cannot solve congestion problem, cannot solve rat problem, cannot low income problem, cannot solve expensive housing problem, cannot solve dengue problem ...they definitely can solve the chicken rice problem.

PhilipsM

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you pay peanuts you get monkeys. This applies to food as well. Seriously, in present day Singapore, what can SGD2 buy you in terms of food if ANANAS et al aren't there?

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wah lau ...chicken rice standard drop, you want government to intervene. You may be right after all they are so free ...cannot solve congestion problem, cannot solve rat problem, cannot low income problem, cannot solve expensive housing problem, cannot solve dengue problem ...they definitely can solve the chicken rice problem.

all hawkers must go through a cooking class course and pass the cooking test and get certification....

can you imagine an indian worker serving you wanton mee ??? it's catchap mee hor....

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes Sir. The porridge is still okay.But the standard is really damned terok now. I used to enjoy the fish porridge with a side dish of yusheng and sometimes with another side dish of fresh white chicken. The uncles damned rude, frustrated and they all looked tired and angry - probably their days are numbered!

The big prawn noodle soup is also bad.The soup is horrible - all mixed with all the pork organs and bones. Expensive too and the attitude of the uncle is also terrible!!!

Tried the rojak last time.It was good. This time ordered popiah [email protected] it was simply horrendous. The popial skin was like leather!!! It was a disaster dinner for me and my friend.

The meesiam was from a new Malay stall. I always give any new stall a try. This was horrible.It's $3 and the presentation will make you puke. They also sell lontong and nasi padang. Maybe that was a bad day for me. Simply terrible! Yah, the banana fritters are still good,but the price went up.Old man not there anymore. I think the DIL ( a Vietamese?) is running the stall with the son. Maybe old man passed on liao....

I still prefer the Long House of the old , near the Jalan Besar Stadium. Those were golden days!!!!

The chicken rice stall is seeing its days, I agree, the standard had dropped, the yusheng etc..chicken rice etc..not that good. Their other stall at Bishan have long queue during rush hours. I know these people from way, way, back when they were at Bugis Street....the people running the stalls are already in their 60's or 70's & stalls like these are numbered.

The Prawn Noodle soup is ok, like you have said...had gone down the drain...but still ok. Unfortunately the old man at the stall sellingChar Kway Teow ( WITH HUM), Friend Prawn Noodle,Or char ( oyster) is not around, some people are running it now...standard as usual had gone down. The soup woman is till there, the popiah etc..not too bad, even the braised duck fella standard is going bad...

The banana fritters stall prices is getting more expensive each day ):- the coffee stall with their fruits & chye yen ( Jelly) is still ok... anyway, LONG HOUSE is riding into the sunset soon...when they start the Thomson line...

In future years one may appear there again, with the name LONG HOUSE... by you know which crappy foodcourt operator...where local food is prepared by crappy foreigners & taste like.......

bye bye LONG HOUSE!

Last edited:

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The chicken rice stall is seeing its days, I agree, the standard had dropped, the yusheng etc..chicken rice etc..not that good. Their other stall at Bishan have long queue during rush hours. I know these people from way, way, back when they were at Bugis Street....the people running the stalls are already in their 60's or 70's & stalls like these are numbered.

The Prawn Noodle soup is ok, like you have said...had gone down the drain...but still ok. Unfortunately the old man at the stall sellingChar Kway Teow ( WITH HUM), Friend Prawn Noodle,Or char ( oyster) is not around, some people are running it now...standard as usual had gone down. The soup woman is till there, the popiah etc..not too bad, even the braised duck fella standard is going bad...

The banana fritters stall prices is getting more expensive each day ):- the coffee stall with their fruits & chye yen ( Jelly) is still ok... anyway, LONG HOUSE is riding into the sunset soon...when they start the Thomson line...

In future years one may appear there again, with the name LONG HOUSE... by you know which crappy foodcourt operator...where local food is prepared by crappy foreigners & taste like.......

bye bye LONG HOUSE!

yes..thank you bro for the good appraisal of the Long House. The Bishan Branch always very long queue and also very hot....I think soon all these good stalls will disappear and the Big FoodCocks will appear and run the stalls using the NAMES...but managed and run by Foreigners....The End Of Singapore Wonderful Food Street....I think there is panic making money now and everyone is rushing in to make money ....They do not care anymore about "standard".....anymore. Make money as much as they can NOW....and then sell off their NAME..

POPULAR BOOK STORE bought over the name BORDERS!!!! in Jurong???? I asked one employee how??? She told me NAME ONLY....the management is still the same: cockedup!!!

Same with food. You see TRADITIONAL HAINANESE CHICKEN RICE everywhere, but the food is really cockedup!!! That's the way things are going now...down....down...down.....and the prices up ...up....up.........damned fucked sad to read all these on a wonderful sunny Saturday Morning...

jw5

Loyal
Eunos MRT chicken rice/economic beehoon/nasi lemak $2.00 for the sets...
extra ingredients pay extra.

If want to buy from these stalls, always go for the sets without any extras, only way to get the economical benefits.
The moment you get extra ingredients, the price will be no different from normal chai png stalls.
Save the choosing for the normal hawker centre or kopitiam stalls......................... :wink: