• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wooden: Wanna Blame, Blame Me! But Donch Touch My Pay Cheque & Awesome Bonus!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - I am accountable...SM Goh</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>99chicken <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>6:17 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(1 of 8) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>48561.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>SINGAPORE: Singapore Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong said he is accountable for the policies put in place at the time when he was Prime Minister.

Mr Goh was responding to the National Solidarity Party's comments that their team at Marine Parade will take on Mr Goh on the issue of accountability for national policies in areas such as housing and transportation.

Both the PAP and NSP teams were up early Sunday morning making their presence felt among residents. New PAP face Tan Chuan Jin, was accompanied by the Senior Minister at Chai Chee.

Speaking to reporters later, Mr Goh said he would be happy to hear what the opposition has to say about making him accountable for some of the country's national policies. But he stressed that any contest will be between the two teams.

Mr Goh said: "Of course, I think as Prime Minister, as Senior Minister, I will be accountable for what I did surely, so I'll be very happy to hear what they have got to say.

"The main thing is I am not campaigning as yet, I am just walking the ground because Nomination Day hasn't come yet so we will not be campaigning as to what they say, what we will say, but basically in Marine Parade GRC, it's (the PAP) team versus the (NSP) team.

"My team has very good people and we are very confident we can sell whatever policies that the government wants to implement and of course provide better services to the whole GRC. So I'm very happy that BG Tan Chuan Jin is a member of my team."

Brigadier-General Tan said one immediate focus is a renewal project for his ward's market place and getting communities involved in helping the elderly and poor.

He said: "What's important is for the people to make that choice. Ideas are important but all of us have ideas, rhetoric. All of us have that but what is key is - can you translate that into action on the ground, which is something that we have done."

"It's a very old estate. We have walked with the people for many years and I think you can see from the response of the crowd here a lot of them have appreciated the assistance that have been meted out. It's something that is ongoing. I think that's really important but ultimately people have to decide what they feel is best for them and who is best able to look after them and to deliver the services that they need...not just the lower income group but for all the different segments of society."

Over at another part of the constituency, the NSP team including its youngest candidate, 23-year-old Nicole Seah was reaching out to residents.

She said: "I want to stand here and I want to represent the youth of Singapore to stand up and say this is what we want for our country, this is what we want for the future of Singapore and we are going to be the ones to make that change."

The party also commented on Mr Goh's idea of a "buddy system" for his running mates. Mr Goh had said on Saturday that residents in the Marine Parade GRC stand to gain from the services of not one but two Members of Parliament if the People's Action Party team emerges victorious in the coming general election.

He said he plans to implement a "buddy system" amongst the other four candidates in the GRC so voters in the entire GRC, will have access to the services of two advisors in each division.

Hazel Poa, spokesperson for the NSP, said: "That seems to be an indication of a lack of confidence in individual candidates so we are very encouraged by this development because it actually shows that they are taking the opposition more seriously."

"(This is) a recognition that we are sending in stronger candidates this time and it highlights as well one of the weakness of the GRC system where weaker members can ride on the coat tails of the stronger ones and get into parliament when they may be able to manage on their own."

After 19 years, Marine Parade GRC may finally see a contest. That means residents here will finally get a chance to vote and those we spoke with said they are looking forward to the experience.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
whatever he is accountable, vote for opposition!!! let Opposition have at least 33% SEATS in Parliament... GIVE THEM THE VETO POWER, GIVE THEM THE MANDATE!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Over at another part of the constituency, the NSP team including its youngest candidate, 23-year-old Nicole Seah was reaching out to residents.

She said: "I want to stand here and I want to represent the youth of Singapore to stand up and say this is what we want for our country, this is what we want for the future of Singapore and we are going to be the ones to make that change."

Lousy copy cat. just plagerising Nicole seah. Didn't she say there's no Pap policy she feels strongly against?

Really throw Hwa Chong's face!

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
whatever he is accountable, vote for opposition!!! let Opposition have at least 33% SEATS in Parliament... GIVE THEM THE VETO POWER, GIVE THEM THE MANDATE!

You're absolutely right.

If we fail to do so come 7th May, you can bet the PAP regime will take in a huge influx of new citizens within the next 5 years to help keep them in power.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing short of the complete overthrow of the Familee and recovery of monies siphoned away by it will save Peesai!