• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woh !! TPL want to elderly with $300 per year to buy medicine..

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually Leongsam,
without you, the online political discussion will still strive in these internet era.
you just happen to be at the right place at the right time.
You are just another LKY-wannabe, claiming to be the saviour of sgreans
and trying to use this as an excuse to reward yourself with $.
And since you think that these old deserve nothing in return,
then why are you migrating to a country that takes care of the welfare of the old?

Mr Leong wrote about the sense of entitlement.
When you are a citizen of some western countries, there are automatic entitlements.
Eg healthcare.

Some, you have to work for, like in OZ, after working for 10 years, we are entitled to aged pension so long as we pass the asset test (not too rich)

But Singapore govt very smart, like to "give" providing people vote for them.
In this case, TPL will become peoples' heroine simply because the target audience are not all Singaporeans >50yo, only a select group.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
In fact, they are quite apologetic that they had to burden others for help. What they really need from the govt is some form of help that can help them tie over before they can get back on their feet again. True, some will never get back up again and need permanent help, but these are usually those who have medical conditions, too poor to have gone to school back in those old days. But if that's the case, don't they deserve to be helped? One thing about all of them though. They are not quitters. In fact, they face the situation very stoicly while helpers like us break down from time to time in seeing their plight. So they are not quitters, they want to work again and start contributing to S'pore again. They are unlike some who could not take the heat in S'pore and flee to NZ and then mock these people in the comfort of their homes

Your political skills are getting better by the day.

Have any of them applied for those $1600 dish washing jobs yet?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Actually Leongsam,
without you, the online political discussion will still strive in these internet era.
you just happen to be at the right place at the right time.
You are just another LKY-wannabe, claiming to be the saviour of sgreans
and trying to use this as an excuse to reward yourself with $.
And since you think that these old deserve nothing in return,
then why are you migrating to a country that takes care of the welfare of the old?

You're absolutely right. I was very lucky. However, you haven't answered my question. Am I entitled to $300 per year now for my past efforts in cyber nation building? My medical bills are piling up.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your political skills are getting better by the day.

Have any of them applied for those $1600 dish washing jobs yet?

Thank you. But I'm not politicising anything. Or for that matter, moralising anything. Just stating the facts such that forummers be better informed.

Some of the people we are looking after are indeed holding down dish-washing jobs. They don't mind it all as it provides a steady source of income. But unfortunately it doesn't pay as much as $1600. Nowhere near it. The average pay for such a job is about $600 with some even less than $500. So usually these people have to work two jobs just to earn about $1000 to $1200 a month. Worse still, these jobs are getting harder to come by with the influx of foreign workers.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're absolutely right. I was very lucky. However, you haven't answered my question. Am I entitled to $300 per year now for my past efforts in cyber nation building? My medical bills are piling up.
leongsam, Of course the answer is NO for you.
You are a quitter. why should sg give you anything?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
leongsam, Of course the answer is NO for you.
You are a quitter. why should sg give you anything?

I haven't quit anything. I'm a Singaporean who has been posted overseas to file reports about the fact that the grass isn't necessarily greener somewhere else.

Living abroad 9 months of the year is a reality check and it makes me appreciate the PAP so much more.

sir cum-a-lot

Alfrescian
Loyal
S$300 medical hand-out per annum for eligible residents in macpherson? given the number of elderly & very heavily dependent residents in that sector, i wonder if they'd even live to see the next hand-out?

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I haven't quit anything. I'm a Singaporean who has been posted overseas to file reports about the fact that the grass isn't necessarily greener somewhere else.

Living abroad 9 months of the year is a reality check and it makes me appreciate the PAP so much more.

That's strange. I've many relatives and friends who settled down in Australia and NZ with some having done so for decades. They all said the grass is indeed greener there (proof is that they're still there and not moving anywhere). But then these people are WINNERS, For a LOSER like u, the grass will always be brown no matter where u are.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
That's strange. I've many relatives and friends who settled down in Australia and NZ with some having done so for decades. They all said the grass is indeed greener there (proof is that they're still there and not moving anywhere). But then these people are WINNERS, For a LOSER like u, the grass will always be brown no matter where u are.

Making derogatory comments about me does nothing to prove your case.... and you still haven't told me whether those so called "disadvantaged" layabouts you call your friends have got off their asses to look for a job.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Despite all that's been said by some of the clowns here, the fact remains that the PAP cares a lot more about the old and the sick than the rest of Singapore does.:rolleyes:

Tin Pei Ling has created a special fund for the over 50s and the government wants to build facilities for the sick and the aged. However, Singaporeans have no intention of coming to the party. It is really shameful and disgraceful that those that helped build Singapore are now being rejected by the very generation that they nurtured.

If the will of the people was allowed to prevail, the poor old folk would be forced to starve on the streets. Thankfully, I have full confidence that the PAP will ignore the disgusting and selfish wishes of the citizens and go ahead with the project.

Facilities for elderly not welcome in Toh Yi estate either

Some Toh Yi residents object, following Woodlands case last week

Published on Feb 9, 2012

This basketball court, a jogging track and small garden currently occupy the site on which the studio apartments are set to be built, at the junction of Toh Yi Road and Toh Yi Drive.

By Janice Tai

Another group of Housing Board residents are objecting to plans to build elder-friendly facilities in their estate, following a similar case in Woodlands last week.

Residents of Toh Yi estate in Bukit Timah said HDB's plans to build studio apartments for the elderly will 'rob' them of their common space and the estate's main recreational facility.

A handful of the residents also likened the apartments to 'death houses' for the elderly to wait out their last days.

The apartments will probably be housed in one block. It will be sited on a plot of land at the junction of Toh Yi Road and Toh Yi Drive.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Making derogatory comments about me does nothing to prove your case.... and you still haven't told me whether those so called "disadvantaged" layabouts you call your friends have got off their asses to look for a job.

If u trace back your posts (not just in this particular thread), u were the one who started making derogatory remarks about the poor here. Someone who mocks at the most pitiful segment of our society deserves the same treatment as he meted out to others. Now u know how bitter is your own medicine right?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If u trace back your posts (not just in this particular thread), u were the one who started making derogatory remarks about the poor here. Someone who mocks at the most pitiful segment of our society deserves the same treatment as he meted out to others. Now u know how bitter is your own medicine right?

You still have not answered my question and you can't because you know full well that the so called "disadvantaged" are simply unwilling to work because the jobs don't suit their discerning tastes.:rolleyes:

Doubblur

Alfrescian
Loyal
You still have not answered my question and you can't because you know full well that the so called "disadvantaged" are simply unwilling to work because the jobs don't suit their discerning tastes.:rolleyes:

Your English fucks. You don't know the difference between privileged or disadvantaged. You don't know the difference between unwilling to work and unable to work. You don't know the difference between taste for the job and ability for the job and availability of the job. You don't know the difference between jungle law and social humanity.

Last edited:

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your English fucks. You don't know the difference between privileged or disadvantaged. You don't know the difference between unwilling to work and unable to work. You don't the difference between taste for the job and ability for the job and availability of the job. You don't know the difference between law of jungle and social humanity.

Thank you bro, buit I had one too mnany and going to sleeep now. thank youuuu...............

Fuck the :Lee Dynasty

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Your English fucks. You don't know the difference between privileged or disadvantaged. You don't know the difference between unwilling to work and unable to work. You don't know the difference between taste for the job and ability for the job and availability of the job. You don't know the difference between jungle law and social humanity.

I know enough to categorically state that 99% of those who say they are unable to work are actually unwilling to work.

I know enough to declare that there are enough jobs in Singapore for anyone who is willing to do an honest day's work for an honest day's pay.

I know enough to point out that when it comes to moving society forward, the law of natural selection should be allowed to take its course.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very well said. Your mind is so clear and what u post is so coherent so I don't know why u call yourself Doubblur. That name should be for Leongsam, in fact, he's TripleBlur

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Very well said. Your mind is so clear and what u post is so coherent so I don't know why u call yourself Doubblur. That name should be for Leongsam, in fact, he's TripleBlur

How many of the jobless under your care have actually applied for a job in the last week?

Why is it so hard to answer a simple straightforward question?:rolleyes:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many of the jobless under your care have actually applied for a job in the last week?

Why is it so hard to answer a simple straightforward question?:rolleyes:

I don't humor fools or foolish questions. Helping the poor is serious work not to be made fun of it. You're being as socially irresponsible as your PAP masters.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I don't humor fools or foolish questions. Helping the poor is serious work not to be made fun of it. You're being as socially irresponsible as your PAP masters.

Helping the poor isn't serious work. It's a serious waste of time.