• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Witness - Yong's Story

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Witness: Witness - Yong's Story
AlJazeeraEnglish

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6jBagQWcxhc" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

The case of a young Malaysian convicted for drug trafficking tests Singapore's capital punishment laws.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What? Just because he is an idiot and stupid to believe his mafia boss, he think he can escape death sentence? He traffic drugs, if he didn't get caught, he would be enjoying life like nobody's business. Now he know his game is up and now act pitiful to gain sympathy? And what were his family doing when he was a hooligan making money with the mafia? Now then come and beg for mercy? They should have teach him well when he was young! Crying over spilled milk.

Also, the Malaysian media are another idiot bunch. Instead of going after the mafia bosses who make use of gullible dumb fucks and create drug addicts, they want to free a drug trafficker and continue this problem created by mafia bosses.

Last edited:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why is this not being commented on? I am proud to have included my name in the petition and I call upon everyone to support Yong and help save his life.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why is this not being commented on? I am proud to have included my name in the petition and I call upon everyone to support Yong and help save his life.

On May 9, Shanmugam said publicly that “Yong Vui Kong is young, but if we say, we let you go, what is the signal we are sending?”

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly why a Judicial Review was requested. It is all in the Video. How can a Cabinet Minister say this whilst the appeal is yet to be heard? This is prejudice and may affect Yong's hearing.

On May 9, Shanmugam said publicly that “Yong Vui Kong is young, but if we say, we let you go, what is the signal we are sending?”

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question about when the death penalty is to be applied in drug trafficing is clear.

One cannot plead stupidity, retardness or pure ignorant to what one is carrying.

Even if a genuine case, about someone is really had unknowing ly carried the drugs as he/she was sabo for it, these ppl will have a hard time trying to convince the judicury, that they were innocent parties to it.

The danger is when an exception is made, unless on very clear circumstances, the flood gate of drugs will open and I do n ot need to remind ppl here, as to what this had caused during the early years.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you read that Alan's book, he quoted some cases where death penalties should be meted out but in the end the culprit went free.

I am quoting from the book - the big time dealer was not prosecuted and some white women who was caught was not given the death sentence.

Anyways, back to this Yong case, i agree the law must be applied - he carried drugs, its a fact. So, the law will have to be applied.

The family knelt in front of Istana - how about the families of those who could be harmed by the drugs? Who do they kneel to?

I am sorry to say, you bring the drugs in, you must be prepared to pay the price.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am proud NOT to have included my name in the petition and I call upon everyone NOT to support Yong. just go and die ok.

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yong is no naive man. He knows what he is doing and his family and him has profited from his "job". Now that he has been caught, he starts acting like he is so naive and "innocent". That guy don't deserve any sympathy.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Windsor

The tricky and technical issue is that when Shaman uttered that STATEMENT, this was Vong's Appeal had already been heard and dismissed by the President. After that Ravi got on board and reset the whole appeal process. So yes he had already looked at the case and Vong's circumstances once and recommended against it at the point he made the comment.

The trial judge at ravi's high court application when he filed for a review did ask whether if he proceeded with the final appeal would he have new grounds and he said no.

Locke

danls79

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes please i thiught they hang him long time ago just hang him so as to stop wasting our money to feed him in the prison now

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the clarification Locke. The point is, it is confirmed that the President has no say and it has always been the Cabinet's decision. So the President is nothing more than a puppet and rubber stamper.

The final hearing I believe will be in March and I hope this young man will be allowed to live.

Dear Windsor

The tricky and technical issue is that when Shaman uttered that STATEMENT, this was Vong's Appeal had already been heard and dismissed by the President. After that Ravi got on board and reset the whole appeal process. So yes he had already looked at the case and Vong's circumstances once and recommended against it at the point he made the comment.

The trial judge at ravi's high court application when he filed for a review did ask whether if he proceeded with the final appeal would he have new grounds and he said no.

Locke

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To all who wants him dead, all I can say is that everyone makes mistakes, especially when young and thoughtless. There are worse crimes than what Vui Kong did that do not have a mandatory death penalty. Many continue to break Singapore Laws, even though they know it is wrong, until they are apprehended. In the case of Vui Kong, his was to bring into Singapore prohibited drugs. It was a mistake and rightly he was apprehended and sentence. What I am appealing for is your compassion and understanding of his circumstances and not to take away this young man's life. Life is precious and should not needlessly be taken away as I truly believe everyone should be given a second chance.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Windsor

There is and will never be any confusion in the minds of those who have been trained in law about the royal perogative or "perogative" of mercy or how the President, " Queen" acts on the advise of the British and or Singapore Cabinet.

The legal precedent here is iron proof as is commonwealth and constitutional precedent

Locke

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is and will never be any confusion in the minds of those who have been trained in law about the royal perogative or "perogative" of mercy or how the President, " Queen" acts on the advise of the British and or Singapore Cabinet.

British PM Margaret Thatcher was hauled to court in 1985 for advising the Queen to sign a royal prerogative order banning union members from working at GCHQ (that includes MI5 and MI6 for James Bond and Spycatcher fans). The House of Lords made that a Judicial Review case but in the end, the government prevailed on grounds of national security.

By the way, didn't LSE teach you the difference between "advice" and "advise"? And it's spelt "prerogative," not "perogative." Or do you need to attend Leongsam English Course? :biggrin:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all who wants him dead, all I can say is that everyone makes mistakes, especially when young and thoughtless. There are worse crimes than what Vui Kong did that do not have a mandatory death penalty. Many continue to break Singapore Laws, even though they know it is wrong, until they are apprehended. In the case of Vui Kong, his was to bring into Singapore prohibited drugs. It was a mistake and rightly he was apprehended and sentence. What I am appealing for is your compassion and understanding of his circumstances and not to take away this young man's life. Life is precious and should not needlessly be taken away as I truly believe everyone should be given a second chance.

Hang the fucker who has no qualms about destroying others' lives for his own material comfort.

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal

pls stop using all this theory that just because someone else did a bigger crime and was not hang, then this drug mule don't deserve to be hang.

that someone got away, but it doesn't mean his samseng should.