• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

will you vote for SDP in the next General Election?

will you vote for SDP in the next General Election?

• Yes, they speaking out on Burmese issue

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • No, they speaking out on Burmese issue instead of Singaporeans, wtf SDP = Sure Die Party lah

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Yes, they maintained friendships with OUR ASIAN FRIENDS, say the uncle clown

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • No, they help to protest for the rights of FTs instead of Singaporeans

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, if it is contested with PAP. I

I think SDP is a bit "NUTS"

But I hate the GRC system even more..

I and my wife will vote for any opposition until the day I die or GRC die.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, if it is contested with PAP. I

I think SDP is a bit "NUTS"
But I hate the GRC system even more..
I and my wife will vote for any opposition until the day I die or GRC die.

peoples like to complain about GRCs but nobody, not even the opposition politicians see the need for a mixed member proportional representation system in singapore elections.

MMP system should be the first thing to achieve for the opp parties. PAP will not allow MMP. But it's worth doing battle with PAP over MMP.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
peoples like to complain about GRCs but nobody, not even the opposition politicians see the need for a mixed member proportional representation system in singapore elections.

MMP system should be the first thing to achieve for the opp parties. PAP will not allow MMP. But it's worth doing battle with PAP over MMP.

Next time, you might want to try Google:

1 GOVERNMENT AND CIVIL LIBERTIES
Our Proposals
A. Elections & Parliament:
5. An alternative system of proportional representation should be worked out so that it could reflect party votes at the national level. Possible alternative systems for study include the New Zealand system of Mixed Member Proportional that handles Maori seats.
http://www.wp.sg/wordpress/our-beliefs/manifest-2006/

I vote for all opposition and not solely a WP supporter, but this the only thing I can find at the moment. Maybe other bros can help in SDP, SPP, NSP stands on proportional because I remember there were.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I vote for all opposition and not solely a WP supporter, but this the only thing I can find at the moment. Maybe other bros can help in SDP, SPP, NSP stands on proportional because I remember there were.

I thought that WP's stand is still full reversal back to SMC parlimentary system without reference to proportional representation, i.e. one versus one in one ward, without reference to race, and the better one wins.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next time, you might want to try Google:

1 GOVERNMENT AND CIVIL LIBERTIES
Our Proposals
A. Elections & Parliament:
5. An alternative system of proportional representation should be worked out so that it could reflect party votes at the national level. Possible alternative systems for study include the New Zealand system of Mixed Member Proportional that handles Maori seats.
http://www.wp.sg/wordpress/our-beliefs/manifest-2006/

That's a weak dig at me.

Are those few lines in the manifest the best that WP can do to have MMP. Do they really want MMP? Have LTK ever submitted a MMP bill in parliament. Have LTK ever open a press conference and demanded for MMP?

I like to know the other opposition parties stand on MMP too.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's a weak dig at me.

Are those few lines in the manifest the best that WP can do to have MMP. Do they really want MMP? Have LTK ever submitted a MMP bill in parliament. Have LTK ever open a press conference and demanded for MMP?

I like to know the other opposition parties stand on MMP too.

That's another matter that I don't know what you or WP think. To me, opposition is to bring up stands, it's not to change it as they have no power to change it, unless they are the government.

You mean they have to show their beliefs the way that Sideswipe wants them to show it to prove it? If Scroobal comes and says they have to strap bombs around themselves to prove they mean it, they have to too?

I think if they didn't believe it in, they wouldn't have put it in their manifesto. What do you think the opposition puts their stands in a manifesto for. For fun?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's another matter that I don't know what you or WP think. To me, opposition is to bring up stands, it's not to change it as they have no power to change it, unless they are the government.

I think if they didn't believe it in, they wouldn't have put it in their manifesto. What do you think the opposition puts their stands in a manifesto for. For fun?

But have WP done anything to have a chance of changing our election systems to MMP.

It's ok if WP don't want MMP. But a few lines in the manifesto are just ideas. It doesn't meant that they want changes. LTK can submit a MMP bill in parliament. PAP rejecting it is another matter. But WP can let the peasants know why did they ask for MMP and how it is good for singapore elections. Some peoples who agree with WP might even vote for the party at next GE.

WP might want MMP, but if they are really serious then put words into actions.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
But have WP done anything to have a chance of changing our election systems to MMP.

It's ok if WP don't want MMP. But a few lines in the manifesto are just ideas. It doesn't meant that they want changes. LTK can submit a MMP bill in parliament. PAP rejecting it is another matter. But WP can let the peasants know why did they ask for MMP and how it is good for singapore elections. Some peoples who agree with WP might even vote for the party at next GE.

WP might want MMP, but if they are really serious then put words into actions.

跟你说了等于没说。

My vote will go to the opposition, regardless of anything.

siaosdp

Alfrescian
Loyal
跟你说了等于没说。

My vote will go to the opposition, regardless of anything.

will not vote for CSJ for the matter. In fact many has already written him off as a mole planted by PAP in the early 90s to destroy the opposition. :mad:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
ur bravery to expose SDP has gained u unjustified INFRACTIONS. it should be very clear now who are the IB that are over-running this kopitiam. SDPPIES OF COURSE!!

don't worry. i shall up u with 36 POWER POINTS!:cool:

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok. i m fully charged now. here's 39 LTB points for you! happy?:smile:

Thank you all you clowns for giving me a good laugh!:p:p:p

Old Jamie 'gangbanged" Leetahbar giving away lollipops, all happy like fuck!:biggrin:

"I fully charged now"! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Old Homo asking for seconds? That's Homosexual innuendo for you!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

This should be made into a paedophile movie!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Jamie Leetahbar...Jamie Leetahbar, you are really precious.....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok. i m fully charged now. here's 39 LTB points for you! happy?:smile:

Thank you, that's nice of you. I am not such an old timer, only 6 points I can give. And honestly, I am not impressed with your anti-SDP tirade, so I'll give to the one on Chiam.

gypsyindigo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The thing is why majority do not vote for opposition is because of the Quality! If PAP is a Wayang party (which probably all sensible government around the world are) then what do we make up of the Opposition?

Wayang doesn't mean Not Good. It depends. As long as u Wayang but still can bring in $$$ den Fine. No issue. But It will be a BIG issue, if the party in control, Wayang and Wayang and Wayang, yet ppl do not see a significant improvement in their lives. Look at our Neighbours and you get what I am saying.

Today Perhaps our concern is getting another party to check and balance the PAP but they don't really want the opposition to run the country. That I feel is the general sentiment on the ground

And as for Dr chee and to all his sidekicks.... Why they fail in getting support in what they are doing? It is because they fail to understand what the common people want! Who the heck cares about Dr Chee and his sidekicks high moral standing on human rights? People are worried about Jobs, about $, about putting food on the table! That is what the common people are concern. If Dr Chee would spend just 10% of his time on his silly crusade on human right and focus on how to create jobs for the common people, I think people will appreciate more!

Why are the 2 oppostion in parliment for so long? Dr Chee should look at what they are doing. The people of hougang and potong pasir supports their MP, not because they are rich. But because these 2 MPs showed and showered Geniune concern for their residents. Nvm that Hougang and Potong Pasir are not in the best of conditions compared to the rest. Yes it lacks amminities and PAP do not have to remind them when its election time because they know it too but Do u think the residents there give a damn?

It Proved that, as long as U show geniue concern and understand what the common people wants and can deliver to your best of what they want, people will vote you in! For this point, I think Dr Chee has a lot to learn from the MPs of Hougang and Potong Pasir.

Last edited: