• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will you beg your boss to stay on your job ?

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
This person is my present colleague ..not mi :p

He is always MC & leave the office on the dot. He like to give excuses to attend family matters to avoid working late.

Despite his entry-grade executive level..he had a ya-ya attitude talk like a manager.

Leaving the office on the dot is ok so long as you've finished what you are supposed to do. Some people think that staying in the office till late night is hard working but output is what is important. You need not work hard but have to work smart. However the other 2 are bad attitudes that could get a person in trouble.:wink:

_AXL_

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS, i used to have a colleague in sales. he is uncouthed, has a wide range of hokkien vulgarities and doesnt hesitate to use it in the office but not in front of his clients lah. loves to drink and always take urgent leave or MC when he has a hangover in the morning. leaves early or on the dot. i have even "caught" him a few times when i go for my afternoon massage sessions...:p

but the guy finishes his work ahead of schedule and his administrative commitments are flawless. a single digit mistake could be fatal in my industry. not to mention that he brings in 6 times of his sales target when his fellow sales people could barely hit them. why??? cos he can wake up and attend to his clients' calls at 3am in the morning, regardless whether he is drunk or sleeping. oh, not to mention that he is extremely loyal, cos he recently rejected a much better paying job just bcos he gave me his word that he would come along to join me when i got my next job. would any sane sinkiepore boss want to hire him??? that is the same reason why the police and SAF r so looked down upon. 9am to 6pm, they r there, pretending to be working. 3am, got robbery!!! all sleeping in their patrol car...

my suggestion: look at the person as a whole. yr perceptions might not be other people's perceptions. cos to me, working OT (aka pretending to be hardworking) means only 2 things. 1. u r inefficient or 2. u r being overworked and yet not have the balls to voice it out to get help.

finally, yeah, i know, market bad... but no need to give up yr pride. once u lose yr self-esteem, u will feel worthless and then eventually become worthless and bitter. just my 2 cents (no GST required).

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS, i used to have a colleague in sales. he is uncouthed, has a wide range of hokkien vulgarities and doesnt hesitate to use it in the office but not in front of his clients lah. loves to drink and always take urgent leave or MC when he has a hangover in the morning. leaves early or on the dot. i have even "caught" him a few times when i go for my afternoon massage sessions...:p

but the guy finishes his work ahead of schedule and his administrative commitments are flawless. a single digit mistake could be fatal in my industry. not to mention that he brings in 6 times of his sales target when his fellow sales people could barely hit them. why??? cos he can wake up and attend to his clients' calls at 3am in the morning, regardless whether he is drunk or sleeping. oh, not to mention that he is extremely loyal, cos he recently rejected a much better paying job just bcos he gave me his word that he would come along to join me when i got my next job. would any sane sinkiepore boss want to hire him??? that is the same reason why the police and SAF r so looked down upon. 9am to 6pm, they r there, pretending to be working. 3am, got robbery!!! all sleeping in their patrol car...

my suggestion: look at the person as a whole. yr perceptions might not be other people's perceptions. cos to me, working OT (aka pretending to be hardworking) means only 2 things. 1. u r inefficient or 2. u r being overworked and yet not have the balls to voice it out to get help.

finally, yeah, i know, market bad... but no need to give up yr pride. once u lose yr self-esteem, u will feel worthless and then eventually become worthless and bitter. just my 2 cents (no GST required).

Wow your colleague sounds cool.

I agree that TS shouldn't give up on his pride and self esteem. If the boss really bullies you, I think your family should and would be supportive if you quit your job. Hopefully you don't have debts and your family has adequate savings.

Good luck in finding a new job! :smile::smile::smile:

Heart Break Kid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine now you are married man with housing loan commitments & one baby boy to feed.
Then now your boss dun like you & had decided to fire you now :mad:

One month salary compensatation & some annual leave encashment is given to you.

You will leave this company without a job .... :(

The question to you is "Will you beg your boss in order to keep your present job" :o

Just an update about this guy - he did quit in Aug08 & up till
now he still cannot find a job for 4 months :eek: he had sold off his red-plated car & now avoiding his ex-colleagues.

His wife is working as a nurse ..should be still ok :cool:

breakaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
now he still cannot find a job for 4 months :eek: he had sold off his red-plated car & now avoiding his ex-colleagues.

Sad,that's one word to describe his situation. All my peers find that life in Singapore is getting tougher but our government like finding this a norm,maybe should put some of the top guys to live like us who are struggling for a month,I bet they won't be able to make it.:mad:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

While FTrash continue to land by the plane loads?

Heart Break Kid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad,that's one word to describe his situation. All my peers find that life in Singapore is getting tougher but our government like finding this a norm,maybe should put some of the top guys to live like us who are struggling for a month,I bet they won't be able to make it.:mad:

You are right ..we are not been negative but to seek & live in a smart way :p