• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will Trump close the trade deal with Xi at G20 ?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He has not much choice... either he closes it or he is likely to lose the 2020 re-election. Most Americans are hurt by the outcome of the tariff war . They either have to pay more for consumer products or lose their jobs as their companies restructure to sustain profitability. Americans are tired of his 'bullshit' about bringing manufacturing jobs back to America when they themselves are not willing to do the job.

OSAKA: US President Donald Trump said on Saturday (Jun 29) he was ready for a "historic" deal with China as he kicked off a hotly awaited meeting with China's Xi Jinping, with the world watching to see if they can strike a deal over their long-running trade war.
After a first day dominated by public shows of bonhomie, all eyes at the G20 turned to a pivotal showdown between the two rivals that has huge implications for the global economy.

The meeting kicked off in a positive tone, with Trump saying: "It would be historic if we could do a fair trade deal ... We are totally open to it."
For his part, Xi said that "dialogue" was better than confrontation after both sides had slapped tit-for-tat tariffs on each other's goods.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...ng-meeting-g20-summit-china-us-trade-11672834

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Honestly I don't look forward to a deal. I prefer more tariffs on both sides. Uncertainty presents more opportunities than certainty.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Donald Trump says things ‘back on track’ after G20 summit meeting with Xi Jinping in Osaka, Japan

Chinese President Xi Jinping and his US counterpart Donald Trump have wrapped up their high-stakes summit at the G20 in Osaka, Japan, with the American leader saying the outcome was “better than expected”, and China saying the US has agreed not to impose any further tariffs on its goods.
The closed-door meeting lasted 80 minutes, 10 minutes less than had been scheduled.
When asked about the talks, Trump said it was a “very, very good meeting, better than expected”.

“We’re right back on track,” he said, without elaborating. The two sides are expected to put out more detailed statements later.

Xinhua, meanwhile, said the two leaders had agreed to resume economic and trade negotiations, and that the US said it would not impose any new tariffs on Chinese products.

The results of the summit, on the sidelines of the G20 leaders’ meeting, will affect not only markets across the world but also the trajectory of global economic growth in the months ahead.

In his opening remarks, Xi cited the “ping-pong diplomacy” that began at the 1971 world table tennis games in Nagoya, Japan, and eventually led to a normalisation of relations between Washington and Beijing.

“China and United States both benefit from cooperation and lose in a confrontation. Cooperation is better than friction, and dialogue is better than confrontation,” he said.

The president said he would exchange views with Trump on some fundamental issues in Sino-US relations. Trump, meanwhile, said he and Xi “had a lot of time together and became friends”.
“We have an excellent relationship, but we want to do something that will even it up with respect to trade. I think that is something that is actually very easy to do,” he said.

“I actually think that we were very close and then something happened, it slipped a little bit, and now we are getting a little bit closer, but it would be historic if we could do a fair trade deal,” the US president said.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
A deal? Highly unlikely. Trump had been addicted to kicking China's ass.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trump sets the agenda... he pulled out of the deal the last time... now he wants to put it back because the Americans are hurting.. and if the economy goes into tailspin by end of this year, he knows he is going to lose the re-election... he needs a good story to get Americans to vote for him again.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I seriously hope he keeps it up. It's good for me when I get cheaper US agricultural produce in Singapore than before when China did not impose tariffs on US agricultural stuff.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I seriously hope he keeps it up. It's good for me when I get cheaper US agricultural produce in Singapore than before when China did not impose tariffs on US agricultural stuff.

It doesn't affect me either except for that jeebye Trump make Huawei future phones cannot use Android how to buy my fav Huawei phone anymore?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is purely for his own political survival ... this guy has no moral and no conscience when it comes to deal-making, but he is not stupid. He upended the 2015's denuclearization deal with Iran and almost pushed US into the brink of war , but pulled back on the eleventh hour. He did the same thing to the North Korea's deal and the Mexico's tariff deal. He almost sacked Fed Chairman Jerome Powell for his 'incompetency' but relented because the Fed is supposedly to be independent of the polity. And he made life very difficult for S Mueller in his investigation into the Russia's interference into the 2016 election. Everything he did was for the sake of keeping his presidency ... on the surface, it looks like he 's for America ... but in reality, he fast fowarding America into decline.

Now he is facing the 2020 re-election... he needs to get the deal with China closed to move forward so that the US economy engines will keep running. The longer the deal remains unsettled and with retaliatory tariffs from China and the rest of the world , it is a matter of time that US economy will slide into a recession. His presidency hangs on a thin thread.. the US economy and stock market performances dictate his re-election chance , not his character or his convictions. If he loses the presidency reelection, he is likely to be prosecuted for criminal offenses ( rape against E Jean Caroll and other women ), obstruction of justice and abuse of powers.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Anyway this is the headline now

'We're right back on track', says Trump as US, China restart trade talks after high-stakes meeting

1561789497066.png

OSAKA – US President Donald Trump said on Saturday (June 29) he had an excellent meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping, and that negotiations with China are continuing.

"We are right back on track” with China, he added.

China's official Xinhua news agency reported that the US will not levy new tariffs on Chinese exports, following talks between the two countries’ leaders.

The two countries have agreed to restart trade talks and will have discussions on specific issues, Xinhua said.

Earlier, Mr Trump said he anticipated a "monumental" trade deal with Mr Xi, in remarks to open their high-stakes talks that could either calm frictions or escalate an ongoing trade war.

"We've had an excellent relationship, but we want to do something that will even it up with respect to trade," Mr Trump said, as he reminisced about his state visit to Beijing in November 2017 and hailed the Chinese culture as “incredible”.

"I think it's something that’s actually very easy to do," he said in remarks before reporters were asked to leave the room as they began the closed-door session.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Is that Ivanka in the meeting? WTF is she doing in an important meeting like this?

1561789717257.png

Ivanka Trump
1561789810429.png

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trump is the most dynamic and skillful President I have ever come across.

He is very skillful with the women he abused...after he abused them, he just claimed " They are not my type ".

So, Mr President, what type of women is rape-worthy ?

Last edited: