• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will Chen Show Mao resign from WP?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Though advocacy does help reinforce the image of a fighter in parliament, politics is a lot more than that. Legally speaking CSM played on the world stage and his deals have set world records. His academic qualifications outstrip most people. Note : Oxford, Harvard, Stanford , Rhodes etc. Both Shan and CSM interestingly are average in public speaking. Their rally speeches are average. Shan's court work is content. Shan also struggles in putting across points in the political realm and I notice CSM is similar. Look at Davinder, quiet as a church mouse in parliament - hardly spoke a word.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find Ravi also very good in arguing court cases.

Frankly know nuts about Ravi.....but from a layman's point of view;I think his forte is tenacity.JBJ also had this quality.If you are hunting for a freshie lawyer and ain't got much money to spare.Go for this quality.Such lawyers will pursue the case like a pit bull; and sometime the very quality overwhelms the AG office.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find Ravi also very good in arguing court cases.

Unfortunately, he loses all the time. You can find someone similar in the opposition camp and in this forum. He kpkb, articulates machiam an expert etc etc but loses where and when it matters most.

ruffles

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSM is strangely quiet over the Yaw incident and he is missing from the Press Conference which announced the sacking of Yaw. Present at the Press Conference were LTK, Slyvia, YJJ and Giam. I am unsure whether is this a way of LTK signaling CSM who's boss.

Do you think CSM will resign from WP?

Get your facts right - at the press conference were SL, LTK, GG and PS (not YJJ). GG and PS are the chair and vice-chair of the media team respectively

http://wp.sg/our-organisation/executive-council/

I zap you

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly, he should be disbarred. He is very unstable and had shown that repeatedly. I suspect that its in the inetrest of some segment to allow him to continue. He proved to be a bonus to VB and the PAP. The damage done was significant even though there was some blowback.
Unfortunately, he loses all the time. You can find someone similar in the opposition camp and in this forum. He kpkb, articulates machiam an expert etc etc but loses where and when it matters most.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Honestly, he should be disbarred. He is very unstable and had shown that repeatedly. I suspect that its in the inetrest of some segment to allow him to continue. He proved to be a bonus to VB and the PAP. The damage done was significant even though there was some blowback.

There were a couple of occasions he could have been easily held in contempt of court, but was not.

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yaw Shin Leong is a disappointment and he does not has the resilience to be a politician. From this incident, Singaporeans could see that Yaw is unable to handle pressure and public screwing. Heck. Even Jack Neo survived.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Falungong folks who were his clients were bitterly disappointed as he became increasingly incoherent. I am certainly no fan of the cult, but felt they deserve some level of competent representation.
There were a couple of occasions he could have been easily held in contempt of court, but was not.

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I chatted with an old lady distributing Falungong materials some time ago in the tunnel below Yishun MRT which leads to Northpoint. She seems slightly older than my age, being curious I spoke to her.

She told me she is a true blue born and bred Singapore but she managed to know Falungong through her PRC daughter-in-law. This old lady said that she practised the art of Falungong and it got rid of her health problems but I cannot help but to notice her persistent cough and her messy appearance. She then showed me the pictures of tortured Falungong practitioners in China, she then talks incoherently about how we Singaporeans must help these Falungong pratictioners in China and how Singapore should boycott Chinese leaders' visit to Singapore and how good Falungong is and that she donated half of her life-savings to Falungong.

All these while she is coughing. I told her jokingly she should go home practise Falungong get rid of the cough. She replied she saw the GP the previous day but received a scolding from her PRC daughter-in-law after the visit. She concluded that she will have to put more effort in practising Falungong.

I feel this old lady is just lonely.

The Falungong folks who were his clients were bitterly disappointed as he became increasingly incoherent. I am certainly no fan of the cult, but felt they deserve some level of competent representation.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these while she is coughing. I told her jokingly she should go home practise Falungong get rid of the cough. She replied she saw the GP the previous day but received a scolding from her PRC daughter-in-law after the visit. She concluded that she will have to put more effort in practising Falungong.

This alone, show that it is perfect right for China to label this group as cult.

Back to TS, I think it might be better for you next time to find out more facts before you start speculating about such stuff.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frankly know nuts about Ravi.....but from a layman's point of view;I think his forte is tenacity.JBJ also had this quality.If you are hunting for a freshie lawyer and ain't got much money to spare.Go for this quality.Such lawyers will pursue the case like a pit bull; and sometime the very quality overwhelms the AG office.

Reminds me of LKY when he was just a lawyer.

waterloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get your facts right - at the press conference were SL, LTK, GG and PS (not YJJ). GG and PS are the chair and vice-chair of the media team respectively

http://wp.sg/our-organisation/executive-council/

I zap you

Really? I must be cocked-eye. In that case, I apologise for getting the people present at media conf wrong.

But my main points remain: WP might be too small for CSM, especially now LTK's misjudge of Yaw is apparent.

Media conferences could be use to see the hierarchy of power within an organisation especially if the conference is used to annouce something crucial in that organisation.

streetcry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Workers' Party Aljunied GRC team singing
愛拼才會贏 - Ài pīn cái huì yíng

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilQRn287byQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="360" width="640"></object>

Last edited:

TheFootballer

Alfrescian
Loyal
American MNC? Come out with Guns blazing and ready to take on the CEO and Shareholders? Watch how the incompetent jump for attention. the stakeholders are wacthing those who squat.
Time is on this newbie,s side. Be patient.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Really? I must be cocked-eye. In that case, I apologise for getting the people present at media conf wrong.

But my main points remain: WP might be too small for CSM, especially now LTK's misjudge of Yaw is apparent.

Media conferences could be use to see the hierarchy of power within an organisation especially if the conference is used to annouce something crucial in that organisation.

Sorry, but your reading is wayyyyy off. You are over-extrapolating. A media conference of 4 folks obviously cannot containing every single person of importance. As long as the top 2 are present, I don't see how you can read anything else into the others.

WP too small for CSM? Then he should join the next largest party, which is PAP? If CSM is a big figure as you claim shouldn'd he be flexing his muscle to pull in more folks and make WP even larger?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is not extra-polating anything but dishonestly and intentionally framing the picture to drag CSM into something as an individual he has nothing to answer. Note he is stll insisting that CSM has to be there. Ignore the politeness.

When I explained that SPH is a single organisation and that Alan Chan was political appointment to provide control and direction, he still went on about Chua Lee Hoong who is unable to control the Chinese press which nobody suggested in the first place.

Despite the excessive courtesy displayed, just keep an eye on the dripping slime. After the SPH discussion, I was watching and true to form the CSM resignation header popped up.

Sorry, but your reading is wayyyyy off. You are over-extrapolating. A media conference of 4 folks obviously cannot containing every single person of importance. As long as the top 2 are present, I don't see how you can read anything else into the others.

WP too small for CSM? Then he should join the next largest party, which is PAP? If CSM is a big figure as you claim shouldn'd he be flexing his muscle to pull in more folks and make WP even larger?