• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will Chen Show Mao resign from WP?

waterloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all have seen Chen Show Mao's maiden speech in parliament and his performance.

Chen Show Mao is a man of calibre definitely more than suitable to be Secretary General and his experience as a top-flight lawyer should allow him to see through the mask of Yaw Shin Leong easily and not keep him as a protege over 10 years. This definitely reflects the lack of judgment from LTK.

Some say CSM was brought in by Eric Tan and we saw Eric left the party unhappily over the appointment of Giam as NCMP. As we might know in the business world especially the insurance sector, the newbie introduced party usually will not survive long if the person who brought them in are no longer around.

CSM is strangely quiet over the Yaw incident and he is missing from the Press Conference which announced the sacking of Yaw. Present at the Press Conference were LTK, Slyvia, YJJ and Giam. I am unsure whether is this a way of LTK signaling CSM who's boss.

Do you think CSM will resign from WP?

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal

We have seen CSM's maiden speech and his performance in parliament.

However, I am not sure how an ex top flight lawyer taking public transport and spending a lot of time on the ground has got to do with x-ray vision. Yaw obviously didn't fcuk downstairs from where CSM lived. Just like when you fuck different women, you take pictures and put on your FB site?

I recall in one of the rallies that CSM walked into the WP office one day in 2007.

If I were CSM, I will keep quiet over the Yaw issue. Innocent until proven guilty, like a true lawyer. Yaw's sacking seems mainly due to the fact that he is not making himself accountable. If Yaw fucked a dozen whores and made himself accountable for that, a.k.a Bill Clinton who let his cock get sucked, he might still be in the MP business today.

Where CSM will resign or not does not seem relevant to the saga.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chen Show Mao is a man of calibre definitely more than suitable to be Secretary General and his experience as a top-flight lawyer should allow him to see through the mask of Yaw Shin Leong easily and not keep him as a protege over 10 years. This definitely reflects the lack of judgment from LTK.

Sound as if all top notch lawyers are saints who are good at seeing through masks. I believe in their profession, they also have a fair share of Masketeers. Some even never bothered to wear at all. Of course I am not saying all are like that. After all, lawyers are also humans.

waterloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your forum avatar is a picture of Ng Eng Hen. He's not a very pleasant guy. Sickening smile he has.

We have seen CSM's maiden speech and his performance in parliament.

However, I am not sure how an ex top flight lawyer taking public transport and spending a lot of time on the ground has got to do with x-ray vision. Yaw obviously didn't fcuk downstairs from where CSM lived. Just like when you fuck different women, you take pictures and put on your FB site?

I recall in one of the rallies that CSM walked into the WP office one day in 2007.

If I were CSM, I will keep quiet over the Yaw issue. Innocent until proven guilty, like a true lawyer. Yaw's sacking seems mainly due to the fact that he is not making himself accountable. If Yaw fucked a dozen whores and made himself accountable for that, a.k.a Bill Clinton who let his cock get sucked, he might still be in the MP business today.

Where CSM will resign or not does not seem relevant to the saga.

waterloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
When our top civil servants think with their dickheads, I really agree with what you said - we are humans after all.

Sound as if all top notch lawyers are saints who are good at seeing through masks. I believe in their profession, they also have a fair share of Masketeers. Some even never bothered to wear at all. Of course I am not saying all are like that. After all, lawyers are also humans.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CSM is strangely quiet over the Yaw incident and he is missing from the Press Conference which announced the sacking of Yaw. Present at the Press Conference were LTK, Slyvia, YJJ and Giam. I am unsure whether is this a way of LTK signaling CSM who's boss.

Why must everyone be present at the press conference? Too free and nothing to do ah. Probably he is busy meeting the people or drafting his next parliament speech. Since he is new, better not get too involved in internal affairs and still carry the status he has enjoyed from Singaporeans.

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also never see SL's grandmother there, don't know she got family support her in politics or not..........do you think SL will resign from WP:confused::o

CakeLengKia

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSM is only a normal CEC member in wp so obviously he don't need to be in the media conference. you also didn't see faisal and YJJ in the press conferences either.

as pritam and giam are the ones dealing with the media affairs in the CEC that's why there were there. correct me if i am wrong

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its ridiculous to speculate if CSM would resign, simply bcos the matter doesn't concern him. Also, he has pledged his desire to serve the electorates since shelving his well salaried practice. Each appearance in parliament house is a slap in the pappies face, reminding them of servitude. His commute on public transport daily is a slap in the pappies face, reminding them to identify with people on the ground.

In my opinion, he's getting job satisfaction in everything he does. No reason for him to resign.

TheFootballer

Alfrescian
Loyal
difficult to find information. FB? Twitter? Forum?
Heard alot about silence since elected.
Seems like a crouching tiger. But maybe a hidden dragon. Only time will tell.
rainbow colors are rare scene. I remember seeing them 60 years ago.

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my opinion, he's getting job satisfaction in everything he does. No reason for him to resign.

There is no better word to describe his "sacrifice" when his action of resigning from his high paying job to step forward as opposition with no guarantee of winning the election. Eric Tan pale in comparison and so full of himself for stepping out impulsively in the name of not getting an NCMP post. If he has foresight, he should stay put and contest in 2016 to aim for MP role, he lack that patient and energy when the ground have shifted in his favour in future. Than again, better see his true color earlier than later to avoid future nightmare to WP.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm sure the answer will be NO!!!

Mr Chen is special one.. Eric Tan may be gone for good but I'm sure CSM will continue to stay and serve the WP and his constituents with vigour and dedication.. He left his lucrative corporate lawyer job to join the Opposition and serve this nation.. He bravely took a massive step forward.. Why must he resign just because of the YSL saga? A man like CSM is very hard to come by in the Opposition ranks.. We must appreciate his dedication and willingness to serve the People of Singapore.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm sure the answer will be NO!!!

Mr Chen is special one.. Eric Tan may be gone for good but I'm sure CSM will continue to stay and serve the WP and his constituents with vigour and dedication.. He left his lucrative corporate lawyer job to join the Opposition and serve this nation.. He bravely took a massive step forward.. Why must he resign just because of the YSL saga? A man like CSM is very hard to come by in the Opposition ranks.. We must appreciate his dedication and willingness to serve the People of Singapore.

Having seen big snakes shit, YSL's matter is only a minor hiccup to CSM.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Having seen big snakes shit, YSL's matter is only a minor hiccup to CSM.

Very true, being an international lawyer, CSM has seen more than any PAP stooges. YSL affairs is just like a worm getting its dick soiled. CSM will laugh it off as small family issues.

TheFootballer

Alfrescian
Loyal
If a dragon is worried about getting his "dick soiled" and "familiy dirtied" at this point of time, i worry.
But more pressing national matters are on hand.
dragons are dragons. worms will be worms. Difficult to reconcile them. Esp when many worms pose as dragons.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very true, being an international lawyer, CSM has seen more than any PAP stooges. YSL affairs is just like a worm getting its dick soiled. CSM will laugh it off as small family issues.

Will be interesting to witness CSM and Shan battle it out in parliament. If CSM had remained in S'pore, surely SC?

davetan3

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should vote for a person based on his work, ideas, effort and character.

Shaking hands, holding babies and yes taking public transport may look good but one wonders if it comes with the job?

Its ridiculous to speculate if CSM would resign, simply bcos the matter doesn't concern him. Also, he has pledged his desire to serve the electorates since shelving his well salaried practice. Each appearance in parliament house is a slap in the pappies face, reminding them of servitude. His commute on public transport daily is a slap in the pappies face, reminding them to identify with people on the ground.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will be interesting to witness CSM and Shan battle it out in parliament. If CSM had remained in S'pore, surely SC?

All lawyers are not the same.Not because they are any less intelligent.Some can think on their feet...and shoot from the hip.LKY & JBJ are of such calibers.Understand from the law fraternity that Shan forte lies in research.The former Palakrishnan is such lawyer too.In other words ,such lawyers usually relies on finer points of law...to impress the judges.Don't know much about CSM.....but looking at his style of speech in the parliament;he may loose out to people like Davider Singh.JBJ was very very good in cross examination.He even caught LKY off guard.The very reason why LKY would not want to face JBJ in the parliament.

Had known some lawyers who are simply brilliant and were gold medalist but could not make a living as advocates or solicitors.Hence have to bury themselves as academics.But are very respected among their peers.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I found this this thread rather bizarre. The reason Pritam and GG were at the press conference besides WP no. 1 and 2 is because the first 2 head media section of the party. I have no doubt that a prominent member's indiscretions cast a shadow on the party, in this case it was handled very well, tactically at least shrewd. It even reinforces the speech made by CSM about good governance and they showed it by example.