• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Why younger people are working as private hire drivers

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are not enough jobs for locals thanks to the manpower policies here..Sam would say it's the survival of the fittest.. anyway this group of ppl are those who dont mind phv, from the pic probably a LBTG, and lastly will end up voting for you know who to form the 70%...

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It’s the colonial days again. Last time locals work as chauffeurs n rickshaw pullers n horse carriage Drivers for colonial masters. Today locals are Drivers for FTs.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this propaganda by the state-run media to 'glamorize' such jobs? :rolleyes:

it sure is....

spore has been downhill since the imbecile took over as PM, we have nothing to sell to the world so must ask the world rapists, public shitters to come and take local jobs and contribute to the CPF scam....

PHV used to be outlawed and were called pirate taxis

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Young can drive a car sure happy can yayapapaya and pick up cai.
Own time own target.
Pick up cai after work, can no need wake up early to work mah:biggrin:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN this is kill 2 birds using 1 stone KNN even without working as pte hirer they also will borrow money and work in a company to pay for the car KNN this pte driving is also a excuse for them to haolian they have a car KNN

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Officially-sanctioned propaganda to glamourise what is basically a chauffeurs'job! One should call a spade a spade! All I know is that if plum jobs are available to these drivers, I'm quite sure they will switch jobs. The FTs have become a hot political potato.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
life can be comfy as a phv driver and they may later not adjust to their new job challenges.

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
The oppies need to gather info and ask how many and why the 2k to 8k per month salary job is so elusive to sgreans? I can understand maids labourers and amdk subject matter experts/ world class talents would fill the two extreme ends but why is the middle filled as well?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN this is kill 2 birds using 1 stone KNN even without working as pte hirer they also will borrow money and work in a company to pay for the car KNN this pte driving is also a excuse for them to haolian they have a car KNN
but most hardworking ones driving powong chiah can easily amass 6k and that's not bad :cool:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Grab a Toyota yesterday to bring me from Queenstown to Changi Airport. Chinese driver in his 30s driving full time for 2-3 years said he is very happy with the job as it paid well and gave him flexibility to also attend to his family with 3 children. He told me the amount of money a PHV want depends on how hard he is willing to work as there are always plenty of work around. I am very happy to have met a person so happy with his chosen career.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not true, many many taxi drivers and PHV drivers end up having high-blood pressure and related health issues due to the nature of their work.

i used to drive a cab and i know that after driving for my case, 8 to 9 years, it's very difficult adjustment to work 9 to 5 anymore.

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grab a Toyota yesterday to bring me from Queenstown to Changi Airport. Chinese driver in his 30s driving full time for 2-3 years said he is very happy with the job as it paid well and gave him flexibility to also attend to his family with 3 children. He told me the amount of money a PHV want depends on how hard he is willing to work as there are always plenty of work around. I am very happy to have met a person so happy with his chosen career.

Driving Uber saw me through the days that when I had issues with my job.

GRAB giving freebies to their drivers today.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle is fine with any dick who wish to drive phv as a living but if you treat your v like your own baby then please don't use your baby as the tool KNN if not you will get into trouble easily KNN