• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Would You Like To Be Bothered At Home?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unsolicited and uninvited house calls should be outlawed and banned, for PAP and Opposition as well as salespeople and evangelists. That's disturbance and harrassment. :mad:

jw5

Loyal
Do what Jerry Seinfeld did.
Ask for the caller's home phone number.
When the caller tells you that it's inconvenient to call him at home, tell him "Now you know how I feel about being called at home by a stranger" and slam down the phone.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unsolicited and uninvited house calls should be outlawed and banned, for PAP and Opposition as well as salespeople and evangelists. That's disturbance and harrassment. :mad:

Why are you calling for such a ban, be a bit tolerant. It's their only way of campaigning. There's no level playing field, the tyrants had all the machinery on their side. Our democracy is half baked, fascist is a better term in fact.

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
what i hate most

is the fucking brochures

besides spamming our letterbox, now the chao cheebye ah tiongs are throwing flyers at my door. KNNBCCB fucking dirtying my home entrance

So far havnt catch any red handed, I will wallop them

After all it is not a crime as our idiots poodles will ignore such minor offence.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
what i hate most

is the fucking brochures

besides spamming our letterbox, now the chao cheebye ah tiongs are throwing flyers at my door. KNNBCCB fucking dirtying my home entrance

So far havnt catch any red handed, I will wallop them

After all it is not a crime as our idiots poodles will ignore such minor offence.

It's happening everywhere, so long as it's pigeon holes. It's the cheapest form of advertisement.

danls79

Alfrescian
Loyal
sales person is ok what i totally cant accept is the whole group of evangelists or what ever they call them self comes up tp my door stept to try and convert me even when i tell them no it is getting worse nowsday i still remember that day while i was having coffee at the bugis starbuks one guy trys to take an empty sit near me and trys to CONVERT me too........................is there no place save from them

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
sales person is ok what i totally cant accept is the whole group of evangelists or what ever they call them self comes up tp my door stept to try and convert me even when i tell them no it is getting worse nowsday i still remember that day while i was having coffee at the bugis starbuks one guy trys to take an empty sit near me and trys to CONVERT me too........................is there no place save from them

I usually have the time to talk to them. Most of them are good people. I usually just listen. After 1, 2 hours they realized they can't do anything about me and went away. Then again, I have the time and patience to waste their time. Think of it as karma, wasting their time on me is better then wasting time on other that doesn't have the patience. :wink:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Jehovah's Witness? Do they still knock on doors in pairs of 2 handing out pamphlets?? :biggrin:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's "SAFE" and not "SAVE"!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why are you calling for such a ban, be a bit tolerant. It's their only way of campaigning. There's no level playing field, the tyrants had all the machinery on their side. Our democracy is half baked, fascist is a better term in fact.

Political campaigning should be conducted in public areas such as market places, hawker centres, parks and squares.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Political campaigning should be conducted in public areas such as market places, hawker centres, parks and squares.

Actually, if I was voting for a candidate, I would invite the other candidates to my house and try and keep them there as long as possible. This way, it waste their time in persuading other people from voting his/her way.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, if I was voting for a candidate, I would invite the other candidates to my house and try and keep them there as long as possible. This way, it waste their time in persuading other people from voting his/her way.

They're not as dumb as you think. They'll shake your hand, chat a bit, then excuse themselves and move on to others, especially if the host gets too longwinded. I've helped some WP candidates do house-to-house visits too. After a while, I felt that's disturbing and intruding others' privacy. So, I stopped helping them. But for the candidates, there's not much choice but to do it since PAP candidates are also doing it, with much greater resources. Banning house visits for all actually levels the playing field.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Go join one of those money making charities, insurance, mlm ...biznesses. Each time these religious zealots visit your home can try to recruite them :smile:

After a while you might have a growing home bizness where the customers come to your doorstep :smile:

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal

if u can sympathize with and tolerate bicyclists, i'm sure u can do the same for them.