• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why tracker dogs were not used 2 catch Mas selamat ask chiam see tong

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chiam 'asked only one Mas Selamat question'

Mr Chiam See Tong asked only one question when Deputy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng made a full public account of the Mas Selamat Kastari security lapse in Parliament on April 21, 2008.

Mr Wong revealed this yesterday in response to a question from the media on the Singapore People's Party's (SPP's) intention to include government accountability, as in the escape of Mas Selamat in February 2008, as one of the key issues for dialogue with Bishan-Toa Payoh residents.

Mr Chiam is the leader of the SPP.

Mr Wong told reporters on the sidelines of a community event that he had made a full public account on April 21, 2008 of the Mas Selamat security lapse.

He was then also Home Affairs Minister.

'I spent one hour detailing what the committee of inquiry found and I spent the next two hours answering questions from all the MPs, for those interested in asking questions,' he recounted.

He said Mr Chiam had stood up to ask him a question on whether the police had considered using tracker dogs to track down Mas Selamat. Mr Wong added that Mr Chiam said 'he saw this from the movies and he thought that that was a way to track down a person who has escaped'.

'That was his only question for me in Parliament when I spent two hours answering questions,' Mr Wong added.

'Now if he says that is not enough, why didn't he stand up then and ask more questions? In fact, we had about six parliamentary sittings dealing with the issue of Mas Selamat.'

The fugitive was recaptured in Malaysia on April 1, 2009 and is now being held at the Whitley Road Detention Centre.

Mr Wong was in Lorong 1, Toa Payoh for the opening of Heights Park, a $670,000 facility comprising two playgrounds, exercise machines for the elderly and a running track.

The SPP yesterday put up its manifesto, together with proposals on six key issues, on its website www.spp.org.sg and invited comments from the public.

Among the proposals is to run public transport as a cooperative, similar to the NTUC FairPrice model.

Carolyn Quek

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Wong revealed this yesterday in response to a question from the media on the Singapore People's Party's (SPP's) intention to include government accountability, as in the escape of Mas Selamat in February 2008, as one of the key issues for dialogue with Bishan-Toa Payoh residents.

Mr Chiam is the leader of the SPP.

Mr Wong told reporters on the sidelines of a community event that he had made a full public account on April 21, 2008 of the Mas Selamat security lapse.

He was then also Home Affairs Minister.

'I spent one hour detailing what the committee of inquiry found and I spent the next two hours answering questions from all the MPs, for those interested in asking questions,' he recounted.

This is very serious. Does WKS have a low IQ ? He doesn't seem to understand the difference between accountability and reporting.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is very serious. Does WKS have a low IQ ? He doesn't seem to understand the difference between accountability and reporting.

He probably think the low IQ masses do not need to know anything. If no one has brought this up in parliament, could this have been a case of "No one ask? Then don't tell."

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'That was his only question for me in Parliament when I spent two hours answering questions,' Mr Wong added.

'Now if he says that is not enough, why didn't he stand up then and ask more questions? In fact, we had about six parliamentary sittings dealing with the issue of Mas Selamat.'

"There is a third species of tyranny, most properly so called, which is the very opposite to kingly power; for this is the government of one who rules over his equals and superiors without being accountable for his conduct, and whose object is his own advantage, and not the advantage of those he governs; for which reason he rules by compulsion, for no freemen will ever willingly submit to such a government."

Link: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/accountable

How can CST ask more questions when all PAP dogs are heckling and putting him down. Ever seen a strange dog entering a neighbourhood and surrounded by a pack of pariahs. I am sure any opposition will be cowed and feel threatened. Especially when the top pariah leeder is looking on encouraging his subordinates to taunt and snarl.

Last edited:

Spearhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
WKS's face is thicker than than those hanger's wall......

He have High IQ...if not, he should well be taking the responsiblity for escape of Mas Selamat IN 2008!!!

All PAP's members are well known for palying " Taichi" when things happened!!
EXAMPLE: orchard's flooding , YOG overbudget, Mas Selamat's escape, etc

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
WKS, it is the job of opposition to question you, Before you talk big, did you manage to capture him? So you are accountable! Not how many question Mr Chiam ask.
WKS's face is thicker than than those hanger's wall......

He have High IQ...if not, he should well be taking the responsiblity for escape of Mas Selamat IN 2008!!!

All PAP's members are well known for palying " Taichi" when things happened!!
EXAMPLE: orchard's flooding , YOG overbudget, Mas Selamat's escape, etc