• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rejoice! Ravi Menon reappointed as MAS chief for 2 more years. Mahjulah PAP! Mahjulah MAS!

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U got a malay president. WHAT more do u want ? LOL....
I believe that the only criterion that she met, is being the former Speaker of Parliament, because I doubt that she has the knowledge and experience of a CEO of a major public corporation.
i do not like Singapore to project to the world a President who has a head covering.

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that the only criterion that she met, is being the former Speaker of Parliament, because I doubt tgat she has tge knowledge and experience of a CEO of a major public corporation.
i do not like Singapore to project to the world a President who has a head covering.
Many more malays who do not wear head coverings. But PAP decided to a obedient malay.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very obvious MAS fucked up the process or someone leaked the plans. They even named the next in line for Ravi. Now what will happen to the supposed heir ?

Did they over estimated their ability to convince Ravi to enter politics ?

in3deep

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very obvious MAS fucked up the process or someone leaked the plans. They even named the next in line for Ravi. Now what will happen to the supposed heir ?

Did they over estimated their ability to convince Ravi to enter politics ?
Maybe he will still leave in a couple of months leh. Just that they can't extend till his retirement date so gave the typical extension?

in3deep

Alfrescian
Loyal
She will retire and with her wealth enrich thr local malay community. Maybe mAny will strive to be president in the future
Tsk tsk. Your request shows the Malay mindset. Expect posts to be given to you because unable to earn it via meritocracy. Ravi no matter what people say, I think he atleast earned it

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that the only criterion that she met, is being the former Speaker of Parliament, because I doubt that she has the knowledge and experience of a CEO of a major public corporation.
Can she understand and interprete a simple financial statement?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can she understand and interprete a simple financial statement?
Does she know the approximate amount of the nation's reserves, and what it comprise, and where is it?
Is she able to fully understand the government's annual budget, statement of receipts and disbursements?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the Singapore Police Force, they have a Commissioner, 3 Deputy Commissioners, 6 to 8 Senior Assistant Commissioners, about a dozen Assistant Commissioners, numerous Deputy Assistant Commissioners.
A whole squad of Superintendents.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the Singapore Police Force, they have a Commissioner, 3 Deputy Commissioners, 6 to 8 Senior Assistant Commissioners, about a dozen Assistant Commissioners, numerous Deputy Assistant Commissioners.
A whole squad of Superintendents.
Thats why many malays end up being cops, immigration and custom officers. Apart from delivering food.

in3deep

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about assistant? Or deputy or vice assistant?
It's a meritocracy. If Malays are qualified and work their way up and show they are capable, they will get it.

MAS Chief is not a post where you do charity and give it to someone based on race like Halimah

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a meritocracy. If Malays are qualified and work their way up and show they are capable, they will get it.

MAS Chief is not a post where you do charity and give it to someone based on race like Halimah
We need an individual with brains, knowledge and experience, to be in charge of the MAS.
Therefore, a former Speaker of Parliament, regardless of ethnic background, may not qualify.