• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why there will never be a coup or revolt in Singapore

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Guys there's nothing to worry.. The most powerful and omnipresent is the citizen they are everywhere and they're forever self renewal.

Lesser due to low birth syndrome but not extinct. Minority in their own country but still the major voters, nothing can change that.

WP win over PE BE shows it all. All the PaPies IB swear by their parents grave but they lost.

The people has awaken. Corruptions of top Government officials, Palmargatey, AiM, SG being saddest people in the world, lowest paid cleaners, drivers, workers vs Highest paid Ministers, low interest rate CPF loan to Termasek and high profits dividends to Elite share holders.

To me the Government are slaves drivers to a country. When the citizens don't like you anymore ..You can ran but you cannot hide.

Be afraid.. We're coming for YOU !

The higher you climb the harder you fall. The Citizens are the most powerful entity in any country, not you !

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. We 'scare' pappies abolish elections only........if they dare. Then the ante will be upped.
As long as there are elections, however skewed however unfair however lopsided.......even with all their organs like MSM, PA, CUNT etc in full force....its futile.
When more sinkies awaken and become aware........when more sinkies become politically savvy and realize how powerful the vote is....that is the day we will take our country back from the vile white scums.

Guys there's nothing to worry.. The most powerful and omnipresent is the citizen they are everywhere and they're forever self renewal.

Lesser due to low birth syndrome but not extinct. Minority in their own country but still the major voters, nothing can change that.

WP win over PE BE shows it all. All the PaPies IB swear by their parents grave but they lost.

The people has awaken. Corruptions of top Government officials, Palmargatey, AiM, SG being saddest people in the world, lowest paid cleaners, drivers, workers vs Highest paid Ministers, low interest rate CPF loan to Termasek and high profits dividends to Elite share holders.

To me the Government are slaves drivers to a country. When the citizens don't like you anymore ..You can ran but you cannot hide.

Be afraid.. We're coming for YOU !

The higher you climb the harder you fall. The Citizens are the most powerful entity in any country, not you !

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Alot of people have suggested that there could be a coup or revolt in the coming years, and the PAP would be toppled by angry/enraged citizens who are fed up and simply can't take any more.

I can assure you this will never happen. LKY was a keen student of revolutionary history. He knew that revolutions always happen because the proletarians (the "have nots") are squeezed to the point where they have nothing more to lose, so much so that even the risk of losing one's life is worth it if it can produce even a small chance at a better future. It is always the aristocrats and the bourgeois that resist, and they are often taken to task by the revolutionaries.

That is why Singapore has things like CPF and HDB. We have the highest rate of savings in the world (albeit savings that we will never be able to touch). We have the highest rate of home ownership in the world.

With these conditions in place, almost EVERY Singaporean is a bourgeois. We are too fearful of losing our CPF savings and our HDB flats, because they are symbols of what we own. At no point in history has a popular uprising been staged by members of the bourgeois class. Those who have little tend to cling on to the little that they have. It is those who have NOTHING that have nothing to lose!

By ensuring that every Singaporean is provided with these things (what some of you will inevitably describe as being 'scraps from the master's table), LKY, who is probably the most astute politician of his generation, also safeguarded his rule against any form of popular uprising or revolt.

This is why Singaporeans are often described as being 'kiasu' or 'cowardly'. This is why Chee Soon Juan's lame attempts at protests have failed so miserably. We will vote against the PAP if we are not satisfied. But we will NEVER, and I mean NEVER, take to the streets.

Those who are speaking of parangs or machetes -- seriously, stop it. It will never happen. Stop dreaming of an Arab Spring taking place here. You will never be able to get even 10 people to take part in a protest, let alone take to the streets and demand the regime's ouster. It simply won't happen.

Look, the PAP is not going to be deposed from power. Not now, not ever. LKY has already made up his mind on this and he has already made his stand clear. That's not necessarily bad news since the majority of Singaporeans still want the PAP in power. They are just fed up with the PAP's policies, which they perceive to be detrimental to the people.

That's all fine and well. But the PAP is not stupid. They have noted the discontent. They will change simply because they must. They do not want to lose any more seats in Parliament. Their scholar-bureaucrats will be able to find some way to distribute handouts to the poor so that their plight will at least temporarily be alleviated. We are one of the few countries in the world that gives handouts in CASH to its citizens every few years.

I'm not saying I support the PAP or that I agree with its current policies. I don't. However, the PAP itself is not evil. It is just that its current leadership has lost touch, and is somewhat misguided. I am just offering my honest analysis and opinion. Over the past few days I have read numerous posts on how the Punggol East result will be the beginning of some sort of popular movement to oust the PAP. Believe me, Singaporeans will NEVER, EVER take to the streets no matter what -- and the PAP knows that.

Sinkie are without much balls. If The system is so good to hamper protest, then why sent in the police to stop Dr Chee when he needed to do a protest walk and there are in fact many members doing the protest walk and being sent letters of warning or these shit.

i look down on sinkies based on this. Protest is about fighting for one's right who is being denied by the govt. It is not about what you have. But i agree on the part on protecting the little that they have. This is the part that makes sinkies so disgusting. ONly care about themselves and not for the society as a whole.

That is why i stay away from sinkies to prevent myself to get behavioural pollution by them.

orbin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree 101% with the thread starter Captain Brandon that there will never be a military coup in this country. But then this topic is also a no brainer as everyone knows.

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree 101% with the thread starter Captain Brandon that there will never be a military coup in this country..

unless they get paid to do it lor.....it is now internationally listed that the Singapore Military is in the "high risk" category for corruption....pay them to do it lor....

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun benchmark against 1st world salaries then benchmark against what?
The fat pay cheques are attracting all the wrong people to public office.
High salaries got stem corruption?

Low salaries will definitely encourage corruption. High salaries will reduce, but not eradicate corruption. when was the last time you had/could bribe a civil servant to get a problem resolved?

M

Mdm Tang

Low salaries will definitely encourage corruption. High salaries will reduce, but not eradicate corruption. when was the last time you had/could bribe a civil servant to get a problem resolved?

They said its the opposite ( thats true ) :(

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cannot appreciate why the fact that the PAP has shown itself to be a scurrilous and almost treacherous bunch by their latest 6.9 policy, needs resort for the people of Singapore to violence.

Firstly, sinkies being sinkies will not be able to rise to the occasion for the cause to be taken into bloodshed - no matter what anyone says. the minute the Old Man calls on his Gurkha sharpshooters to take aim and finish off some protestors, it will all be quelled ala Tiananmen style.

Secondly, the best way forward is to have a peaceable and non violent protest. If anything at all the first thing to do is to start an online campaign and let it gain traction from there. The more people register their discontent online, the more likely the PAP will reckon with it. The aim will be for this matter to be settled via a simple yes or no, via a nationwide referendum.

Thirdly, when the occasion presents itself, the people of singapore should go and speak to their MPs during the MPS and register their displeasure and threat that they will cease to lend their support the next elections. But the problem as some of the forum people here have noted is that, the PAP is so desperate to stay in power that they are proceeding with this mission to import more new citizens in not because of any real substantive economic benefit to the country but its solitary aim is to dilute the loss of support because of rising resentment amongst its supporters and replace them with the grateful ones from the newly made citizens.

Lastly, when all else fails, just forget about Singapore and move wherever you can - staying here will mean a life of slavehood for your children and descendants anyway so abandoning the ship now especially when HDB prices are at all all time high and withdrawing all your CPF by renouncing your citizenship could actually ensure you a fairly comfortable life elsewhere so why not.

Last edited:

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Aiyo... Low encourage corruption, high encourage sleeping with other people's wife mah... Got money got power, free & nothing to do.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has the highest rate of home ownership in the world.

Everyone is afraid to lose their HDB flat because everyone has to work like a dog in order to be able to afford one.

Just think about it -- couples need to earn dual incomes (in some cases, the husband has to do more than one job) in order to afford to pay off their 30 or 35 year loan. If you buy a HDB flat at age 35, you will not be debt-free until you are in your 60s. The HDB flat is the one thing that you have to show for after slaving your entire life away. Would you want to lose it? Wouldn't you be afraid of losing it?

Those forumers who criticised my views and claimed that people will indeed take to the streets -- please ask yourselves if you would be willing to risk giving up your HDB flat just to have a 10% chance of replacing the current government?

Think about it -- your HDB flat costs around $300,000 to $600,000. For the next generation, HDB flats could well cost around $800,000 to $1 million. It's not impossible. With this money, a Singaporean could easily buy a beautiful terraced house or luxury condo or even a villa with private pool in countries such as Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Australia, New Zealand or the US. I know of people who sold their HDB flats and migrated to Canada. With just $320,000 they could easily buy freehold landed properties with their own garage and outdoor jacuzzi.

Yet, people still choose to slave away their lives in order to be able to pay off their HDB flat.

Do you think that perhaps Singaporeans are a masochistic bunch?

Why take to the streets when they can easily just emigrate?

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkie are without much balls. If The system is so good to hamper protest, then why sent in the police to stop Dr Chee when he needed to do a protest walk and there are in fact many members doing the protest walk and being sent letters of warning or these shit.

i look down on sinkies based on this. Protest is about fighting for one's right who is being denied by the govt. It is not about what you have. But i agree on the part on protecting the little that they have. This is the part that makes sinkies so disgusting. ONly care about themselves and not for the society as a whole.

I agree with your points. I am sad to say so, but I cannot logically and reasonably disagree.

Singaporeans have a "me-first" mentality. Before doing anything, they will first think "what's in it for me?"

This is how the PAP can win elections by dangling carrots such as HDB upgrading. The majority of voters want opposition in Parliament. But they would rather let someone else do the job of voting for an opposition candidate as their MP.

SELF-INTEREST is an overwhelmingly Singaporean trait and attitude. Of course, people all around the world act in their own self-interest, but nowhere is this more prevalent than in Singapore. Even the Chinese and the Hongkies are more civic-minded.

That is why we are always described as KIASU!

This is why parties like SDP will never gain any traction, and that is why WP has no choice but to take on a very conservative, moderate approach.

Dr Chee was seen as a joke by most Singaporeans for trying to stage a protest march. That tells you what Singaporeans think. Why would anyone want to protest and risk being seen as a joke?

Last edited:

kongkek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun benchmark against 1st world salaries then benchmark against what?
The fat pay cheques are attracting all the wrong people to public office.
High salaries got stem corruption?
is it apple to apple, that is my question? all these "wrong people" are accountable to the citizens as a republic. my beef is we should focus on real issues, like public housing and medical - instead of salary

billisnotathome

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Chee was seen as a joke by most Singaporeans for trying to stage a protest march. That tells you what Singaporeans think. Why would anyone want to protest and risk being seen as a joke?

It doesn't take a giant leap of imagination to go from the massive crowds we see chanting slogans at rallies to a Bersih style protest march. Even the most docile chihuahua when cornered will remember some of its wolf ancestry.