• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why the Dutch may win World Cup 2010

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm a Dutch fans since the 80s, the current squad maybe one of the best crop of Dutch players assembled, maybe even better than the 1998 teams.

Gone are their individual egos and internal bickerings, they play as a team now and based on what i saw during the last 2 friendly games, they are peaking at the right time.

The current players, the famous 4, Robben, Persie, Vaart and Sneijder are individuals that can change the whole game if they can produce something special. If we include Huntelaar, Kuyt and maybe Babel, Dutch attacking side are one of the strongest in this World Cup.

On the midfield, Bommel and Dejong are defensive midfielders that can hold the line in front of their defenders, and with Afellay or De Zeeuw partnering Vaart in midfield.

Defensive side maybe the Dutch archilles's heel, most of the defenders are in their 30s but with great experiences, Bronckhorst, Boulahrouz, Ooijer and Heitinga (25) to name a few.

Not sure about the goalkeeper, but he have a big shoe to fill after Van deer sar.

Marching to the Final, they will face Paraguay/Slovakia in the 2nd round, Italy in the quarter final and Brazil or Spain in the Semi-final.

If they can beat Brazil or Spain in the semifinal, i believe they have 60% of winning the World Cup, as the opponents will be either France/Argentina/England/Germany.

Its going to be a great event for the Dutch. Lets hope they have enough stamina to last extra time, dun be like Europe 08, no steam liao -_-"

GO ORANJE!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
brazil is over-rated!!! if you take out gk cesaer their defense shit....like england no rooney no attack...for brazil no kaka no attack which is why dunga keep defending him even hes not even playing regularly or not fit

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brazil, no matter what, are still one of the favourites, looking forward the Brazil vs Spain match and Dutch vs Brazil/Spain match.

It will be awesome!!!!

I remember the match between Dutch and Brazil in 1998 is one of the most exciting match i have ever seen, full of attacking, free flowing football, although we lose, it was still an awesome match :smile::smile:

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brazil, no matter what, are still one of the favourites, looking forward the Brazil vs Spain match and Dutch vs Brazil/Spain match.

It will be awesome!!!!

I remember the match between Dutch and Brazil in 1998 is one of the most exciting match i have ever seen, full of attacking, free flowing football, although we lose, it was still an awesome match :smile::smile:

the 1998 brazil had heaps of talents and consistencies in it...but the current one has only a couple and they are not consistent n rarely fit

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
imho, dun tink dutch could win it as from my point of view, dutch team seems to have this internal problem happening between players.
if tatz the case, it difficult to bring them together easily.

i have not seen their play but football game has change recently.
no more beautiful football, itz effective and tactical football now.

those playing beautiful football will be eliminated.

my 2 cents.:wink:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
6-1 mauling of Hungary, but i think they should go to South Africa soon, 6 days left, need to adjust the climate man -_-"

jw5

Loyal
I think their defence is weak and will be exposed by good teams.
It's not a coincidence that none of their key defenders is playing for a top european team.
Their attacking force is of course very strong, but prone to being inconsistent.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think their defence is weak and will be exposed by good teams.
It's not a coincidence that none of their key defenders is playing for a top european team.
Their attacking force is of course very strong, but prone to being inconsistent.
yah, their defence is the weakest, but i still got high hopes in them, LOL :p:p
来一个, 杀一个 :biggrin::biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Robben has sustained a hamstring injury in the friendly match against Hungary, which puts him in danger of being out of the world cup.
That would be a big blow to the Dutch.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yah, their defence is the weakest, but i still got high hopes in them, LOL :p:p
来一个, 杀一个 :biggrin::biggrin:

KNN, remember Euro 08, Holland also veri tokong at first .... end up ?

Holland always 'Tao Heng Heng, Buay Leng Leng' .....

My gut feeling is against all odds, KNN England win World Cup ! Raised by Cpt Steven Gerrard ! :cool: That will be the day !

To all those who said China kelong let Spore Women team win pingpong then split reward money, yeah yeah,

I am sure your HK gambling syndicate buddies also told you they have paid off the French last night, that's why World Cup warm-up match, France can lose 0-1 to China ! LOLLLL ! CHINA beat FRANCE 1-0 ! Buay Tahan ! :oIo:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The most spectacular Holland team was that of 1974 with Johan Cruyff, but also collapsed most spectacularly against host West Germany at the Final hurdle. The Holland of 1978 was basically Holland 1974 minus Johan Cryuff. Not as spectacular but still made it to the Final, but still collapsed to host Argentina. From 1978 to 1988, Holland went into their dark ages.

It was the emergence of the class of Ruud Gullit, Marco van Basten etc. that Holland finally won something, Euro 88. By World Cup 1990, that class ran out steam Holland averaged 2nd Round knocked-out from then through Euro 96. World Cup 1998 marked a high turning point when Holland managed to reach Semi-Final again and co-hosting Euro 2000 provided their best chance to clinch it again, but they blew it again, at Semi-Final only.

Holland looked good on their qualifying campaign trail, 100% wins indeed. However, on closer look, it was a relative easy group with one team less than the other European groups. Let the real test begin.

My gut feeling is against all odds, KNN England win World Cup ! Raised by Cpt Steven Gerrard ! :cool: That will be the day !

Liverpool hasn't produced any regular England captain since Kevin Keegan. If Steven Gerrard raises the World Cup, he'd be sure to be confirmed regular captain until he decides to quit internationals. On paper, England's chance look its best since 1990. Let's see what happens on the field.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

To all those who said China kelong let Spore Women team win pingpong then split reward money, yeah yeah,

I am sure your HK gambling syndicate buddies also told you they have paid off the French last night, that's why World Cup warm-up match, France can lose 0-1 to China ! LOLLLL ! CHINA beat FRANCE 1-0 ! Buay Tahan ! :oIo:
Nabez, you another kenna poisoned BPL fan, England win world cup i will jump naked into Singapore river :oIo::oIo::oIo:

Whahahaha

Yeah, the Euro 08 was a heart pain for the Dutch fans, but bor bian, extra time, we not enough stamina, LOL :p:p:p

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about an England versus Holland Final? From the groupings, it's a possibility.
The chances of England going to the final is lesser than Holland winning the World Cup, hahaha, not going to happen Ramseth :p:p:p

I'm looking forward to the semi final, Spain or Brazil, will be a great match. :p:p:p

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Nabez, you another kenna poisoned BPL fan, England win world cup i will jump naked into Singapore river :oIo::oIo::oIo:

Whahahaha

Yeah, the Euro 08 was a heart pain for the Dutch fans, but bor bian, extra time, we not enough stamina, LOL :p:p:p

Alamak bro,you want to do same a la deigo maradona run naked...so if england win can we meet 13june lunchtime at the bridge near kallang MRT,we jump together but can i leave my red underwear on and can i wear a life jacket just in case..please...:smile:

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be prepared for some jetty diving.

Whahahaha