• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Singaporeans having difficulties finding jobs

P

Political_law

Very soon singaporeans like us will be phased out in our society, and be replaced by aliens from another country. Just look around you at your workplace, on the MRTs and buses, and in schools. I dont hear people speaking singlish anymore in public places, but rather strange dialects like tagalogs, bahasa indonesia, Bengla, chinese with a foreign accent

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun worry long arms of PAP will welcome them and give them free IC too

Chinese pilots lied about flying records Henan Airlines employed pilots who lied about their history, it has emerged China is checking the qualifications of all its commercial pilots, after it emerged that more than 200 of them lied about their experience.

The revelation follows an investigation last year by the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC).

Half the pilots worked for the parent company of an airline involved in a recent fatal plane crash.

Shenzhen Airlines is the parent company of Henan Airlines, whose aircraft crashed last month killing 42 people.

Fifty-four passengers and crew survived the crash, in which the plane missed the runway.

Between 2008 and 2009, the employment histories of more than 200 Chinese commercial pilots were found to have been falsified, with some of them embellishing their flying histories.

The report said that some of those involved were former military pilots who became civil pilots.

After being discovered, pilots were grounded and had to go through re-examinations and re-assessment.

A further investigation into qualifications has now been launched by the CAAC, the country's aviation regulator, which says it cannot guarantee it has got rid of all the underqualified pilots.

This new investigation will also look at others involved in China's aviation industry, including flight trainers, airline investigators, repair crews and air traffic controllers.

Separately, investigators looking into the Henan Airlines crash were focusing on the qualifications of the pilot.

China's aviation industry is among the fastest-growing in the world, creating strong demand for experienced aviation professionals.

In 2006, it had 11,000 commercial air pilots and hundreds more have been added since then.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: dun worry long arms of PAP will welcome them and give them free IC too

wahlaneh...
many jobs singaporeans refuse to do lor.
wash toilet, sweep longkang, clear rubbish chute, etc...

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

wahlaneh...

All these jobs low wages....... thats the reason of importing more n more FT.

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today sinkies are a bunch of wimps that want to be managers only. Only know how to to talk & draw a high salaries but cannot work. These bunch of wimps also wanted to be elites by carrying balls up the corporate ladders. They ownself no substance yet look down on working class people (middle or low income level). The FT they brought in also cannot contribute to our society & country.

Back in 1991 that generation people may not be highly educated as now but the Singapore voters then really gave the ruling party MP a hard times by telling them in GE there is no sure win for PAP.

If Singaporeans really want a better life, able to find jobs and treat well & equal in our society, we should be united to change our life to have a better future.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok. if we're managers, we're eltitist snobs drawing high salaries thus making singpie uncompetitive.... unless you're an minister. so fire us when we reach 40(ministers just get downgraded to a "senior" or "mentor" position). works just fine!

if we job-hop because we're somehow not ambitious enough to be promoted quickly, we must have ADHD!!

if we refuse to get a sales assistant job 'cause we don't want to "waste" our expensive degree and professional certifications, we're choosy and have a sense of entitlement ... of course ministers and white horses are granted immunity for this.

if we take the crappy sales jobs, we're loser heartlanders who must have some kind of mental problem INCLUDING ADHD!!!

moral of the story: sell ADHD drugs to jobless looney losers and heartlanders if you can't get an upper management job.

now somebody throw money at me to write a self-help book.

rachely476

look at all these singapore based jobs advertised in oz's job portal

http://seek.com.au/jobsearch/index....ingapore&searchfrom=advanced&catindustry=1215

so i test my luck and applied for one of them with full confident that i fulfilled 99% of their requirements, but guess what? i put my nationality in my cv as singaporean and the job agency doesnt even bother to call me.

most likely their sg based customers have told the agency NOT to submit any singaporean's cv to them. They should just put the condition in their job ads; DOGS AND SINGAPOREANS NEED NOT APPLY.

Thanks for sharing the link!

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP is like that lah...

Yellow ribbion project.. get some MPs to wayang.. any garment agencies take in ex-convicts?

Same thing with FTs ...They will promise you sinkie come 1st.. See it for yourself in temasek link companies..

Wonder what will happen inthe next 10 years if PAP still in power..

Sinkies serve NS and Fts took our job.. By the time you finished NS you join and company and report to Ah Neh who got a maybe fake degree and always sweet talk to management and had work in the componay for 3 years... LKY beri nice ..PAP beri nice.. company beri nice.. That is why our garment like them so much..

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
bottomline, fallen talents are dirt cheap & willing to slave 24/7 without worries about work-life balance, bcos their spouse & families r far away back in their motherland.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what I am talking about. ST Microelectronics is not the only company that is doing this.

If private companies are doing this, I can understand even if am against it. But PAP Companies???

ST Microelectronics is an ang moh company, not PAP company lah!

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you care if your children can find jobs in Singapore in the future with the competition from FT ?

If you really care about your children future...
we should work in reducing the number of elites and good-for-nothing high paid managers first.
Because these all the snobbish people who bring in the FTs.

We can promote our own working class :biggrin: people from working masses also have degree & well-educated.

We dun need to pay those so-called elites that have something more than a degree like Masters, Phd or CPA. Paying them an obnoxious salaries caused a suffering to working classes and so-called elites' greedy at their self-interest set rule to protect their own interest.

Hope SG working masses can see these ... :cool:

depeche

Alfrescian
Loyal

wahlaneh...

Cos the pay is TOO FREAKIN LOW...In overseas(OZ, Euro, etc) the locals still do these JOBS...Even building house as well:rolleyes: