• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why S.Jayakumar can still be SM when he did not participate in the Election?

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
S.JayaKumar, George Yeo, Lim Hwee Hua etc can still hold on their ministerial post until the next Parliament resume or when the new cabinet formed.

They can be minister until latest 6 November 2011.

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, he is retiring

Senior Minister S. Jayakumar will not be standing as a PAP candidate in the upcoming General Elections (GE).

Professor Jayakumar, 71, together with Speaker of Parliament Abdullah Tarmugi, 66, will be retiring from politics after 31 and 26 years respectively.

Both announced their retirements at a press conference held at PAP's Siglap branch.

Mr Lim Swee Say (Minister, Prime Minister's Office & Government Whip), who was also present at the press conference, will lead the East Coast GRC team in the coming GE.

He will be joined by Sembawang GRC MP Maliki Osman, Transport Minister Raymond Lim, Minister of State Lee Yi Shyan and MP Jessica Tan.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jayakumar is one of the better ministers that we had(remember the exposing of MY letters and emails a few years back?) and according to my colleague who lives in EC GRC, he was the only one whom the residence would go to for Meet the pple session. He is one of the "good" ministar in PAP. I think LKY once said that if it wasn't for local racism, he would have made Jayakumar PM

Last edited:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simi Professor Jaya..

Professors are only called Professors in the setting of an university

Shd be Dr.?

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is one of the "good" ministar in PAP. I think LKY once said that if it wasn't for local racism, he would have made Jayakumar PM

utterly rubbish, what racism is he talking about , maybe more toward own daughter marrying ah neh. If there is racism it is also confine to cabinet .

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jayakumar is one of the better ministers that we had(remember the exposing of MY letters and emails a few years back?) and according to my colleague who lives in EC GRC, he was the only one whom the residence would go to for Meet the pple session. He is one of the "good" ministar in PAP. I think LKY once said that if it wasn't for local racism, he would have made Jayakumar PM

So he would have been the seat warmer instead of GCT..??

HulkSmash

Alfrescian
Loyal
If parliament is dissolved, who can hold any political office? Does our Constitution provide the incumbents to carry on as per se?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simi Professor Jaya..

Professors are only called Professors in the setting of an university

Shd be Dr.?

if i am not wrong when you are assoc. prof and above, even if you retired from the uni, you get to keep that title.

i know there are some PAP MP that are on perm leave from nus. their names are still on the board of fac, that might explain why too.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was once upon a time Dean of NUS Law Faculty right? Normally Deans are at least Ass. Prof and above.
All Pappies from the RC calls him "Prof"

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry, there is no such thing as a good PAP Minister. "good" and "PAP minister" cannot appear in the same sentence.